Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wht better Shaman or Paladin??

OxmondOxmond Member Posts: 15

Soon i'm gonna get this great game but i can't make up my mind on which class i should choose..Shamn?? or Paladin??

can some of you advanced players help me decide. W.O.W owns

Comments

• 4uron4uron Member Posts: 55
    None of the 2 classes is the best one, but in my opinion a Paladin is for PvE and Shaman for PvP.
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    I'd say play both! I have a shaman and a paladin myself. Theyre both hybrids, yet very different from eachother.
  • Originally posted by BizkitNL

I'd say play both! I have a shaman and a paladin myself. Theyre both hybrids, yet very different from eachother.
    Whole reason they finally gave both sides the other to play. They realized it created an unfair advantage in one way or the other to keep them seperate.
  • AntipathyAntipathy Member UncommonPosts: 1,362
    Originally posted by Oxmond

Soon i'm gonna get this great game but i can't make up my mind on which class i should choose..Shamn?? or Paladin??
    can some of you advanced players help me decide. W.O.W owns
    It depends a lot on what you are looking for. Both classes can be fun.

Paladins normally fulfill either a tanking or healing role. At low levels you will find yourself tanking more often, whilst at higher levels healing becomes more important (although it is still possible to heal at low levels or tank at higher levels). DPS is good enough to solo, particularly if you are spec'd retribution, but even if you are set up for tanking or healing you will be able to do more damage than a tanking spec'd warrior.  Paladins also come with some great buffs, and a good paladin will work to make sure that all his party constantly has these buffs running and not just himself (many poor paladins fail here).

Shamen are more DPS oriented. When in a group they normally fit into a DPS/utility or healing role, since their tanking is not as strong as a warrior, paladin or druid. This means they are not quite as desirable in groups as a paladin, but also that they solo well. They can also be effective in PvP, and are one of the two best kiting classes in the game (the other is hunter).
  • DreFishDreFish Member Posts: 22

They are both different hybrids. One more focused on offensive casting (shaman) and healing, and the other focused on melee, and shield buffs/healing (paladin).  Paladins can also wear mail/ lvl 40 plate while shaman can only wear leather/ mail at lvl 40. Also another plus for paladins is they get horses as skills.(which can save you some money, and if your a bloodelf and dont want a ugly hawkrider).

• AzoresAzores Member Posts: 14
    I picked the shaman becuz they have the totems and i dont really like the pally that much.  its the only class that i dont like.  i kick but on my shaman so thats just the way i went.  its all up to wat you want to do.
  • JackDonkeyJackDonkey Member Posts: 383
    paladin is better for pvp

shaman is kind of fun to work on specs for dps, but when you do get somethign that does good dps, it's either somewhat limited (natrue spells only) or it's some melee thing that other people will out dps you on anyway.

purge and frostshock are nice in pvp, but i'd rather have a bubble and follow a warrior around.

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    if I were to kill a titan tomorrow and no CCP employees showed up to say grats I would petition it.
    Waiting for: the next MMO that lets me make this macro
    if hp < 30 then CastSpell("heal") SpellTargetUnit("player") else CastSpell("smite") end

• stephen101stephen101 Member Posts: 1

right lets see

• AntipathyAntipathy Member UncommonPosts: 1,362

Originally posted by stephen101

right lets see

THink you are missing the point. Neither is "Better" and the question is poorly phrased. It should have been "x is the sort of character I like to play. Which out of shamen and paladin is better for me?".

• IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360

There's nothing like the ole Bubble-Hearth move for some good comedy. : )

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.