Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOW my first mmorpg

Hello~

This is my first post in this forum and i just wanted to say hi to everyone here.  WOW is my first mmorpg, and i signed up to discuss WOW mostly. 

After playing WOW i've tried out Silkroad and Maplestory since they were free but the controls for silkroad were too frustrating and maplestory was too kiddish...  In your opinions what other mmorpgs out there are newbie friendly?

Comments

• thetankthetank Member Posts: 200
    Well probably the most newbie friendly will be Guild Wars..

The community itself its pretty harsh and elitist sometimes but it has ALOT of tutorials, game info, fansites, an awsome wiki with alomst any info that a player ned, and every 3 players in 5 are cool guys.. The others are for the ignore list

Oh.. and you can pretty much play alone during your first time doing the missions with NPC's and doing Random Arenas as PvP and evolve a little by your own until you join a guild (a friendly one i hope)

Hope I've helped

• andyandyandyandy Member Posts: 3

Cool thanks!  I'll try to check out guild wars when i'm tired of trying to lvl up my blood elf  

• DrmccoyDrmccoy Member Posts: 52
    Well Lord of the Rings online which comes out tommorow sounds like it is right up your alley. It is almost identical in feel and play to wow with nicer graphics. I think you would feel right at home with it.

--------------------
    10 million people play WoW but I have yet to find one who admits liking it?!"

"Aion has the grind of EQ, the PvP of DAoC, and the smooth playability of WoW."

• RodzillaRodzilla Member UncommonPosts: 159

WOW is far and away the most newbie friendly game out there.

searching for the next DAoC....

Kay-exile

• White-EyesWhite-Eyes Member Posts: 108
    Originally posted by andyandy

Hello~
    This is my first post in this forum and i just wanted to say hi to everyone here.  WOW is my first mmorpg, and i signed up to discuss WOW mostly. 
    After playing WOW i've tried out Silkroad and Maplestory since they were free but the controls for silkroad were too frustrating and maplestory was too kiddish...  In your opinions what other mmorpgs out there are newbie friendly?
    Im sry.

Stephan Moffett

• WoW is for sure the most newb friendly. Plenty of high levels will stop what they are doing and answer your questions. A lot of high levels will run you through instances for a low price or for free.

• GialoGialo Member UncommonPosts: 3

Dont bother. I tried most of high rated mmorpgs but WoW still is best ever mmorpg. Let's see what LOTR is like...

• ownedyou1ownedyou1 Member Posts: 364

WoW is probably the newb friendly MMO, when you get more advanced you might try AoC and WAR, they tend to be the more complex and 'mature' mmo's.

Until AoC and WAR come out, stick with WoW, but if wow is too boring for you, theres lots more out there.

• skergeskerge Member Posts: 11

Wow is ok to me, Just for those players that cant handle losing to any one or losing anything. I'd say its for the carebear people who are to scared to take chances.. I've tried all the latest MMO seem to fall back into shadowbane. Might not have the best graphics but with the politics and pvp it's still the best around... Plus you get to build citys and destroy them hehe... But for a Safe game LORTO keeps my intrest longer then Wow.

• PrebThorPrebThor Member UncommonPosts: 452

MMOs I think have good tutorials and/or quick starts are:

• World of WarCraft
    • Lord of the Rings Online
    • EverQuest 2
    • Guild Wars
  • ZvorakZvorak Member Posts: 234

Originally posted by andyandy

Hello~
    How many years have you been playing, does any of your friends in High School play along side... are they also looking to try another game. I would suggest LOTR

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156
    Originally posted by Rodzilla

WOW is far and away the most newbie friendly game out there.

Hah that's a good one. The fact that 95% of wow-players are playing their first mmorpg probably means nothing.

REALITY CHECK

• peenkpeenk Member Posts: 270
    As a former fan turned hater turned back to fan of WoW, I commend you on the right decision OP.

WoW is unique in its own way and the second mmorpg I actually dont mind that I spend my money to buy.  First being Shadowbane, of course! :)

WTB Shadowbane 2

• VaahVaah Member UncommonPosts: 49