Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many of you have played SWG from the start?

FarseenFarseen Member UncommonPosts: 344

My question to all of you, is how many of you have actually played SWG from the very start, and still currently play ? Because in my opinion, that game simply was too fast. I had almost become a Master Creature Handler and Master Pistoleer in not even 2 full months ? And im not even a power gamer?

So i would like to know, how many of you still play this game? And how can you still do it without getting bored ! Don't use that excuse either, that your trying to get jedi, still....haha image

-Farseen-

Anarchy Online
:: 61 Shade ::
Farrseen

- Farseen

Current Game: Panzar

Comments

• wystanwystan Member Posts: 68

i have and now most professions take about 2-3 some a day

and to keep myself occupied i pvp thats about it....attempt to farm loot but lootdrops in swg got nerfed so it isnt really worht it

• WeppsWepps Member Posts: 1,322

Bah, I argued this back in beta.

If the game is easy to master, then the gameplay and content belongs in the profession itself, as a reward. If a player is actually having fun, then they are rewarded in this.

Instead, they turned elsewhere for what they call 'content' and they are taking the development of the game up a cul-de-sac as a result.

Example: Tough droids = bad, nerf droids. Reason? Nobody should have that kind of power in PvE.

Instead, let's give everybody doctor buffs. Now, anybody...can...defeat...PvE. This is better?

Well, now that everbody are tough again, let's put in tougher opponents. Add: Novatroopers / Nightsister Stalkers / very very tough dungeons.

Next step? People are too strong. Thunderheart has already let slip that the combat balance revamp is going to look like a series of nerfs.

Nerfs? Again? It's a crazy circle brought on by crazy developers that have no idea what they are doing. It's like a coin flip every publish. Nobody knows what bad thing is going to happen to screw up their game play. Except bounty hunters, they are nerfed every publish somehow as a default position of the devs.

Pfft. Game is a bust. All these revamps are doing is gating certain professions while they wait in the wings to be addressed. At this pace, the last profession revamp wont take place until 2007. I wonder how many bounty hunters will actually still be playing by THEN!

I took part in beta, and am still playing by I have cancelled my account. I will not renew my subscription to this game based upon the past poor performance of this development team, and certainly wouldn't go so far as to PAY them to get the space expansion. Why should I? SE has already been identified by Haden Blackman as basically X-Wing vs Tie Fighter online. If I want to play that, I can play the non-broken version for free its still sitting in my closet.

No, if they are going to continue to abuse the community through Koster's program of 'Managing an Online Community', then I see no reason to pursue something that will never be fixed properly.

"For one who seeks what he cannot obtain suffers torture; one who has what is not desirable is cheated; and one who does not seek what is worth seeking is diseased." - Augustine of Hippo

• madjakemadjake Member UncommonPosts: 233

I've been playing it on and off since day one. I don't see myself playing more than that. I dig the game and find it best to take a break for a couple weeks or so when i feel like I'm burning out to avoid getting *really* burned out. The devs actually seem to be trying hard and are doing a fantastic job adding content and revamping systems that need it.

----------------------
    Jake

I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring
    - Richard P. Feynman, 1988

• nolfnolf Member UncommonPosts: 869

I've been playing on an off (mostly on) since release.

I really hope that *insert game name here* will be the first game to ever live up to all of its pre-release promises, maintain a manageable hype level and have a clean release. Just don't expect me to hold my breath.

• TonETonE Member Posts: 3
    I have played since day one (well really day 2 since it was very broken on day 1). At any rate I had some fun with the game and think it could have some potential with some more creative Devs. It got boring. It is way to easy to advance and way to easy to get bored with it. I think you can have fun for a few months but this game is not for players looking to have fun for a long time.
  • AprillyAprilly Member UncommonPosts: 124
    I played from the start then quit after about one month.  I recently started again.  I agree it is to easy to master a profession.  The only reason I stay is to be with the people I met there.  We manage to have fun together.  Otherwise the game has real problems.

That which does not kill you only makes you stronger.

• CthulhuvongCthulhuvong Member UncommonPosts: 433

I've been playing from the start, and I still find a bunch of fun stuff to do.

I admit the game has some problems (some? hah!), but it is still easy to have fun in.

Waiting For: something good
    Games Tried: SWTOR, Star Trek Online, EQ, EQ2, Earth and Beyond, Planetside, Lineage 2, Eve Online, WoW, City of Heroes, City of Villians, Auto Assault, Fallen Earth
    Star Wars: Galaxies - Ibra Olasi (Valcyn Server) [Dead, screw you SOE]

• TookyGTookyG Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,115
    I've been playing from the start and I probably I average 4-6 hours per day of play time.  I am having a blast playing the game and don't see myself quiting any time soon.  Heck, I even opened a 2nd account by in December.

Until you cancel your subscription, you are only helping to continue the cycle of mediocrity.

• TymoraTymora Member UncommonPosts: 1,295

I played from the start and I still play at least a few times a week.  I mastered Scout, Medic, and Chef.  I am currently working towards Bio-Engineer, but only occasionally. 

The fun I get from playing SWG doesn't come from the "levelling up" for getting more powerful, it comes from the roleplaying and player events that my PA is often creating or taking part in.  In my town of New Aldera, Talus (on Kettermoor server), there is always something going on, from the most simple everyday occurance to the most unusal twists you could imagine, and we the players made it that way. 

There is a  lot fo fun to be had in SWG, if you are up for it, try joining a good roleplaying PA, or come to New Aldera and ask for Tymora at Mockingbirds, Cantina.