Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stop bashing SCO

JazzyJetJazzyJet Member Posts: 8

There are a lot of really resentful posts in here because a few people were banned for cussing out Xarfox.  And accusing him of taking sides, if he does it's a joke being personal with one side or the other.  The issue got blown out of porportion.  NO ONE IS CHEATING OR MISUSING GM POWER.  I've been playing this game since it came out and have never seen a single cheater in any way.  All the GM events have been ran nicely.  And Xarfox has only done good things for SCO in my eyes.  Including banning people who only want to spread negativity like some of the other posters.

Don't let this silly Drama that other posters are creating keep u from playing SCO.  Almost everyone who plays sco loves it=)  It's amazingly simple to play but the more you get into it the deeper it gets.  The community is great, people are almost always ready to help newbies.  The GM's are great hopefully there will be more updates and growth to come.  It's open PvP so u gotta level for a while til really get into the pvp but it's worth it!  Very fun nation vs nation community with constant action.

sco.gpotato.com      PLAY IT

Plz no GM flaming posts

Comments

• OdyseasOdyseas Member Posts: 6

Don't try to make it a personal issue, JazzyJet, cause it isn't. I didn't get banned by a GM,i just stopped playing SCO seeing that this game is doomed.For your information i have a lvl43 I-Gear on BCUs side. I just couldn't stand the fact that a GM is acting so unproffesionally,taking sides, giving benefits and bypassing rules for his friends. And when normal players ask why this happens, they got banned and their posts are deleted. And what the other GMs do? They support him blindly.

The game has many problems including bugs,heavy lag etc. But there is no patches to fix them for over a month now. But even when a patch comes out, it is about nerfing or removing a weapon that a player has spend a lot of money to make it have good stats.So what's the point spending money and buy gpotatos?

I remember last Thursday patch servers were off and people who wanted to dowload the patches couldn't play at all. After 2 days GM Xarfox posted that they were aware of this problem,and then nothing...... There has been one week now and patch servers are still off. Players themselves managed to find a solution in 2 hours after waiting for 4 days. Players did the work for GMs, that's hillarious.

The community is full of Xarfox's friends,they delete-edit-lock posts that critisize them,but they do nothing if those players get flamed.

Don't waste your time and money in this game. For more information though check their forums and see for yourselves:

http://sco.gpotato.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=4

• Gamer1974Gamer1974 Member Posts: 21

Hmmm, let see...

"because a few people were banned for cussing out Xarfox"

WRONG. Who told you that  the  accounts were banned? Are you hallucinating?

"And accusing him of taking sides, if he does it's a joke being personal with one side or the other."

Accusing him? Erm NO. He is leading BCU joymus. He made them fight against ANI with his GM account. He even gave them orders. He was present to all their parties after BCU took down an ANI MS. He even gave them a speech. Please, be well informed before posting.

"I've been playing this game since it came out and have never seen a single cheater in any way."

Wrong! Obviously, you either don't play much or you are blind. Xarfox assisted bug abusers by giving him his blessing. He posted about it and he didn't take the time to alter or/and fix the issue. The truth is, he did it only for his friends since many players got banned when he abused a glitch not even a bug.

"Including banning people who only want to spread negativity like some of the other posters."

Negativity? Hmm, again WRONG. Lets see:

1. Xarfox assisted bug abusers.

2. Xarfox is incapable of controlling his friends on main SCO forums resulting players of being harassed and/or cursed by his friends. Xarfox's friends NEVER received a warning or a ban.

3.  Xarfox is incapable of controlling in game severe profanity.

4. Xarfox is replying emails as of being someone else. Impersonates all GMs.

You want more? Take a look on their forums. Check all locked posts. You will understand. Recently, he appointed a minor as a techical support moderator. You can get the picture.

The bottom line is, Xarfox doesn't like players who have an opinion. If you say your opinion, you will be banned for GM harassment.  Beta testers have been banned cause they tried to express their feelings/opinion for the game. The lag is terrible and Xarfox piles up lies when the company is taking bandwidth to support their new games. Xarfox is trying to make players believe that GMs doesn't have a "say" about new additions. On the contrary, Xarfox is sending a to do list to dev and they working on them.

Anyway, do not waste your time and money. If you want more, do not hesitate to ask. Keep in mind, Xarfox is a kid on his early twenties. You can not expect him to be mature. Absolute power corrupts absolutely and this kid does have the power.

• AramathAramath Member Posts: 161
    Originally posted by Gamer1974

The lag is terrible and Xarfox piles up lies when the company is taking bandwidth to support their new games. Xarfox is trying to make players believe that GMs doesn't have a "say" about new additions. On the contrary, Xarfox is sending a to do list to dev and they working on them.
    Ummm, maybe I am misreading this but I have yet to see a game where the GMs actually had a say in things like bandwidth and support options.  The GMs are part of support.  They are the end of the line for the customer as far as contact with behind the scenes employees but they are far from the end of the line as far as decision making at a company.  They field comments from users and pass them up to the people that do make the decisions, that is usually about as much control as they have over out of game issues, i.e. bandwidth, content, new servers, etc. 
  • JazzyJetJazzyJet Member Posts: 8

<Mod edit> You cannot prove any of what you're talking about. And if you ask anyone who actually plays SCO they will tell you they love the game and GM's are great. Again I ask.......

PLEASE STOP BASHING SCO and the GM's

• whitedelightwhitedelight Member Posts: 1,544

Originally posted by JazzyJet

<Mod edit> You cannot prove any of what you're talking about. And if you ask anyone who actually plays SCO they will tell you they love the game and GM's are great. Again I ask.......
    That is subjective and different from person to person. The GMs may be great for you but the other 32 people that play may or may not like them based off of experiences.
    So you are not really asking are you? It seems you are telling them what to do, which if you are trying to tell people what to do, then they are okay to say how they feel about the game. Also, if you think they are just trolls or full of crap, why even bother responding to them? The game should be just fine for you and that is okay but it is not for everyone and you can not force people to like it.

• XanSteelXanSteel Member Posts: 3

Well it's nice to know that I'm a minor in this game. Makes me wonder if that has do to with what age you think I am, or someone who gets paid, to work for gala. Well let me straight'n out some mixed lines here.

First I'll tell you that I am (or rather was) just the tech support mod. Now the only reason I was given that position, was because I gave of my free time to help others in there, get their installation of SCO to work and get them online. I did not ask for this position, it was given to me. So I'm not being paided to do it. Here recently I was asked if I would like to help out the SCO forum in general, I said yes. Why because I like helping. Yet, I'm still not paid for this job. I live in florida the game is running out of californa. Yes it's true that the forums and the game needs more help. Hense the reason I said yes. Xarfox, really is the only active GM everyone sees. He is both loved and hated, though I think he's more loved then hated. He is human and tries to be active in the community, and is bounded to make mistakes, just like everyone else.

One thing I will say is that every game has a TOS, the rules if you will. If you do not follow the rules then you are warmed, and if you continue to not follow them you are banned, every MMO has this. I have played alot of MMO's and this is the first MMO where the GM is this active with the community, How many others do you know like that? From my experience NONE. And to me, that says alot about this game. If you get banned you email them talk with them, and come to some happy medium where you can come back to the game. The team at Gala-net is not a bunch or heartless demons, they do care, and they are trying their best to make everything enjoyable for everyone. If a few rotten apples want to continue being rotten apples, then thats their loss.

Well I hoped I have striaght'n out somethings here, and if not, then to each his own.

Xan Steel

SCO Forum Moderator.

"I did not ask for this position, it was given to me."

Hmm, you wanted to be a moderator for so long. Lets see some of your own words.

http://sco.gpotato.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13852&highlight=xansteel  Find your post, there is your answer. :)

Let me refresh your memory since you seem to be forgeting some of your own words for this company. If I dig more, I am sure I will find more.

http://sco.gpotato.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13882&highlight=xansteel

http://sco.gpotato.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13282&highlight=xansteel

So, reading your own words, this company has no real support.

" Xarfox, really is the only active GM everyone sees. "

Seeing someone online, does not mean he is doing a good job. There are several players that simply expressed their feelings, told him their ideas and found their accounts banned.

"Obviously you don't have much of experience then. Active means that the GMs are trying to resolve the issues players are having. Showing off doesn't make you a good GM. Look around you and you will find many games that actually have support. Not from regular players, like yourself but from their tech support team, which SCO simply does not have.

"If you get banned you email them talk with them, and come to some happy medium where you can come back to the game. The team at Gala-net is not a bunch or heartless demons, they do care, and they are trying their best to make everything enjoyable for everyone."

I am sorry but i can't not say the same. I have seen several beta testers go poof in 1 minute. I have seen Xarfox, he even posted about it, abusing his powers and helped bug abusers while he had no idea, a total idiot. A golden rule, if you are unsure for something you run to tech team and ask, before giving your blessing to players to abuse the bug.  Furthermore, he made it clear that he won't take the time to correct his error. This is just pathetic.

"If a few rotten apples want to continue being rotten apples, then thats their loss."

What players can do when a rotten GM continu being rotten? This should be your quetion.

"Makes me wonder if that has do to with what age you think I am, or someone who gets paid, to work for gala."

I bet I have answered your question already.

Anyway, as you can understand, these posts are not targeting you. They are targeting Xarfox's actions. The truth is, xarfox can not lock a post here, so he has to read it. He tends to get too emotional and starts locking posts rapidly.

A friendly advice, you are locking posts rapidly as well. Time to slow down. Don't forget you are a player yourself. You are not above any other player of SCO.

• XanSteelXanSteel Member Posts: 3

Yes, I see that you like digging up information thats old, and then twisting words to make everyone but yourself in the wrong. Let me clarify  these posts for you, since you don't unerstand them. Those posts happened two months before I was givin the position. It even says so, so I'm not to surprised you missed it. Also the one with sp0rks was giving him info to my previous posts in the forum to help him out, because at that time he was the only active mod in that forum, missed that one didn't ya. ;)

I can tell by how your posting, and the things your posting about, you have not been in the game that long, or are apart of LND/LOB. Who knows you might even be Themis, who got banned for cursing out Xarfox openly ingame, and trying to impersonate him as well. I know, I was online the day that happened. Since your not using your old SCO name, it's a challange to figure out who you are.

Though whats really funny, is the fact that this thread is having the opposite effect, that you are wanting. Everyday we have about 20 new people sign up for an account for SCO, some that come over from the other Gpotato games Rappelz, Fly for Fun, and Corum. Publicity good, bad, or otherwise, is still publicity, and its good to see you doing that freely for Gala-net. So I thank you, because you are reaching more people with your "Whinning", and people go and look and see a game that they have been looking for along time. So in ending, keep up the good work, and SCo will grow to be a very popular game. :)

Xan Steel

SCO Forum Moderator.

Originally posted by XanSteel

Yes, I see that you like digging up information thats old, and then twisting words to make everyone but yourself in the wrong. Let me clarify  these posts for you, since you don't unerstand them. Those posts happened two months before I was givin the position. It even says so, so I'm not to surprised you missed it. Also the one with sp0rks was giving him info to my previous posts in the forum to help him out, because at that time he was the only active mod in that forum, missed that one didn't ya. ;)
    I can tell by how your posting, and the things your posting about, you have not been in the game that long, or are apart of LND/LOB. Who knows you might even be Themis, who got banned for cursing out Xarfox openly ingame, and trying to impersonate him as well. I know, I was online the day that happened. Since your not using your old SCO name, it's a challange to figure out who you are.
    Though whats really funny, is the fact that this thread is having the opposite effect, that you are wanting. Everyday we have about 20 new people sign up for an account for SCO, some that come over from the other Gpotato games Rappelz, Fly for Fun, and Corum. Publicity good, bad, or otherwise, is still publicity, and its good to see you doing that freely for Gala-net. So I thank you, because you are reaching more people with your "Whinning", and people go and look and see a game that they have been looking for along time. So in ending, keep up the good work, and SCo will grow to be a very popular game. :)
    Xan Steel
    SCO Forum Moderator.

You just proved my point. You are like Xarfox yourself. :)  At your first post you said I am the one that private messaged you on SCO. Now, you are telling me that I am an old player who did see how xarfox abused his powers on LND/LOB matter. On the other hand, you are telling me that i am themis. Please, decide. Its hard not to be able to lock a post right Xan? Its hard to let people have the right to tell thier own opinion? Of course it is.

People these days are smart enough to see what is really happening on this game and can figure out what is fishy or not.

Sco is losing more players than gaining new ones. Thank you for wishing me the best. Lets hope, for your own good, a player not to have any issues with his PC since the company does not cover you up in case you cause damage to someone's PC as "technical support" Law is the same for everyone, even for a Sco moderator like you. Good luck, best wishes.

Something last, impersonation is not my game, its Xarfox's. You can ask your friend why a former GM "janica" got fired and why. I can bet he will tell you the truth :)

Have a good day sir technical support fella. 

• ScarFazeScarFaze Member Posts: 14

GM are not supposed to ban some and let others do what they like. Sorry but his goes on constantly with mr. Xarfox - Not to mention the fact that he takes Nation sides. Galanet does not have Xarfox around to solve any problems because he does not answer PMs or deal with violations unless he is personally bothered. The worst thing is he will LIE like a DOG in forums - That is frustrating - and where are the PLAYERS defending Xarfox HUH? I seriously doubt you do anything for free for SCO, I'm sure you are getting something out of it.  So many People would not have taken the time to post here if these things were not true. I have heard hundreds of complaints about these same issues so please don't get on this forum and act like we are all dillutional. Thanks

PS: Locking forum threads to stop other people from voicing their complaints, Banning people for voicing their complaints. What a shamefull thing to do if you respect freedom of speech.

• Firestorm74Firestorm74 Member Posts: 6

There are a lot of really resentful posts in here because a few people were banned for cussing out Xarfox.  And accusing him of taking sides, if he does it's a joke being personal with one side or the other.  The issue got blown out of porportion.  NO ONE IS CHEATING OR MISUSING GM POWER.  I've been playing this game since it came out and have never seen a single cheater in any way.  All the GM events have been ran nicely.  And Xarfox has only done good things for SCO in my eyes.  Including banning people who only want to spread negativity like some of the other posters.
    Don't let this silly Drama that other posters are creating keep u from playing SCO.  Almost everyone who plays sco loves it=)  It's amazingly simple to play but the more you get into it the deeper it gets.  The community is great, people are almost always ready to help newbies.  The GM's are great hopefully there will be more updates and growth to come.  It's open PvP so u gotta level for a while til really get into the pvp but it's worth it!  Very fun nation vs nation community with constant action.
    sco.gpotato.com      PLAY IT
    Plz no GM flaming posts
    JazzyJet I know you seen this thread but I can see you failed to read it good, here it is READ IT AGAIN!: http://mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/thread/125665
  • chyoechyoe Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by ScarFaze

GM are not supposed to ban some and let others do what they like. Sorry but his goes on constantly with mr. Xarfox - Not to mention the fact that he takes Nation sides. Galanet does not have Xarfox around to solve any problems because he does not answer PMs or deal with violations unless he is personally bothered. The worst thing is he will LIE like a DOG in forums - That is frustrating - and where are the PLAYERS defending Xarfox HUH? I seriously doubt you do anything for free for SCO, I'm sure you are getting something out of it.  So many People would not have taken the time to post here if these things were not true. I have heard hundreds of complaints about these same issues so please don't get on this forum and act like we are all dillutional. Thanks

PS: Locking forum threads to stop other people from voicing their complaints, Banning people for voicing their complaints. What a shamefull thing to do if you respect freedom of speech.

lol making stuff up because you have inssues, what a shameful thing to so

• GhilGhil Member UncommonPosts: 22

<Mod edit>
    how high levelled you are does not make you more entitled to an opinion. so lvl 43 or 73, he still saw things and is stating them. I saw them too, and a lot of us did. but since he also did some good, there's bound to be some that will "protect" him.
    p.s: please learn to type o_0
    and by the way, the GM job isn't normally associated with the community and giving news, there's a community manager for that. a GM is an in-game help in case you need help, and an event leader. get your facts straight before calling someone an idiot.
  • chyoechyoe Member Posts: 8

Originally posted by Ghil

<Mod edit>

how high levelled you are does not make you more entitled to an opinion. so lvl 43 or 73, he still saw things and is stating them. I saw them too, and a lot of us did. but since he also did some good, there's bound to be some that will "protect" him.
    p.s: please learn to type o_0
    and by the way, the GM job isn't normally associated with the community and giving news, there's a community manager for that. a GM is an in-game help in case you need help, and an event leader. get your facts straight before calling someone an idiot.

at lvl 43 ur not gonna see much, or know nuch, if anything. it totally voids anything he says -.-
    PS: brainiac, the community is in the game too, if he helps you in game with a problem, that;s part of comunity relations. in all every game iv played GMs play the same role, inform and help the comunity. moderators are merely there to deal with issues when a GM isnt present.

yes but a moderator isn't a community manager :P

though level 43 won't let you see much of the game, it doesn't mean he didn't had the time to witness Xarfox in action, so his level doesn't void is opinion. if he was saying that the end game was utter crap it would, but his points are perfectly valid.

• OdyseasOdyseas Member Posts: 6

Lol,Ghil,you made me laugh. Your assumptions about me are ridiculous. My lvl has nothing to do with how much time i spend in game. Simple and clear. And next time please be more careful about what you are saying.

You say that you have every gear at lvl63-73 and you play this game for what 7-8 months?Well,if this is true,then you should know better.Have you ever seen Xarfox's signature in forums? Let the "noob" remind you :

Xarfox, Community Manager.

No further comments.

Originally posted by Odyseas

Lol,Ghil,you made me laugh. Your assumptions about me are ridiculous. My lvl has nothing to do with how much time i spend in game. Simple and clear. And next time please be more careful about what you are saying.
    -- hem...that's what I've been trying to explain. reread the post, and pay attention to who said what o_0 I was quoting someone.
    You say that you have every gear at lvl63-73 and you play this game for what 7-8 months?Well,if this is true,then you should know better.Have you ever seen Xarfox's signature in forums? Let the "noob" remind you :
    Xarfox, Community Manager.
    -- okay, never said you where a noob, and I never said my level. learn to read. but let me remind you that Xarfox wasn't always the community manager, and since I don't visit the forum most of the time, I wouldn't know. what I've seen, I saw it in game.
     No further comments
    -- I do hope that if you decide to comment again, it will have more sense. o_0
  • LV426LV426 Member Posts: 883
    Just dont play it....

Seriously, I used to, and I loved it. To hell with what corruption may or may not be there. I just let it be because it was genuinely fun.... so yes you could say Im a fan of the game....

but for the LOVE OF GOD, if an MMO requires you to manually patch... let alone manually patch AND MESS WITH THE REGISTRY TO MAKE IT WORK, you shouldnt be playing it.

Hello, Im LV426, and Ive gone from MMO since the update servers stopped working.... thanks for the cold turkey kick I needed.
  • ScarFazeScarFaze Member Posts: 14

What a JOKE, this guy is a BCU and so is the other guy deffending SCO and Xarfox. If you want to play SCO join BCU side, see cause that's where Xarfox  plays too  Bye the way SCO has more problems than any online Game just read their Tech support forum, It's ajoke too, a JOKE with no solutions.

• ByromByrom Member Posts: 236
    So when are they going to fix the install issue? There, simple question, and my only issue with the game. I never even heard of Xarfox, until these posts. Anyone have an answere? Im not gonna manually patch, or change files in my puter. I would screw something up, I just know it.
  • ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by Byrom

So when are they going to fix the install issue? There, simple question, and my only issue with the game. I never even heard of Xarfox, until these posts. Anyone have an answere? Im not gonna manually patch, or change files in my puter. I would screw something up, I just know it.

And you shouldn't have to do it manually by altering your computer's registry (especially since this is not a recommended action for anyone who is not an expert at handling the registry), nor would any professionally run development company with qualified technical staff ever suggest for someone to do this. That tells ya something about how the game is run right there.

Read the forums for all of Gpotatos games. They have stretched themselves so thin trying to run multiple games half-assed, instead of focusing on running one or two with quality, that the company itself is now a joke. When Flyff was first introduced here, Gpotato was at the top of their game. Now, they can barely see out of the dugout.

And considering the score of people coming out with evidence against Xarfox, compared to the few who choose to defend him, I choose to believe the masses. Especially when they make alot more sense.