Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unable to access my characters from selection screen.....ideas?

RaduerielRadueriel Member Posts: 57
I used to play this awhile ago. A friend approached and told me he wants to get into it, so I told him he could have my old stuff as that I no longer play. So after reinstalling and patching I enter my account/pass and reach the character selection screen. All my toons are still there but I can't do anything. I cannot select the different ones and I can't even log in with the character selected.  I went to ubisoft support only to find out they no longer support the game.

I also don't like how I have to sit through a Dell ad before getting to the character selection screen unable to esc out of it. grrr.

Anyway, any ideas why I can't select or do anything at the character selection screen?

Comments

• danmccooeydanmccooey Member Posts: 30
    Never heard of that problem.  You should just be able to click on the character and hit "Enter World".  Nothing has changed so drastically at all that would not allow you to get that far but not enter the actual game.  Don't know what else to tell you than it's a problem on your end.  You obviously installed it correctly and everything.  I'm sorry I can't offer more advice but I doubt anyone else could either
  • HellsWizardHellsWizard Member Posts: 44

The server you used, to play on is no longer active.. This is the most liekly reason, when you select the toon there should be a migrate button instead of a play button.

Migrate the character to an active server, and he/she should be good to go.

• RaduerielRadueriel Member Posts: 57
    Thanks for trying on the advice, but actually I resolved the issue.  I had a problem with another game and in fixing it, it  fixed my problem aswell on Shadowbane.

Problem was....  Monitor frequency settings.

I messed around with the settings of my monitor adjusting it from 72hz to 60hz, and it resolved the problem.  How and why I have no idea? lol 

But both games work now.
  • danmccooeydanmccooey Member Posts: 30
    Glad to hear you got it working.  I find it odd that you got all the way to the character selection screen without a problem.  Usually as soon as you get past the patcher a problem like that would cause a crash.