Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A friend told me they canceled starget development.. wtf?

Arson1cArson1c Member Posts: 21
I've heard that they canceled the development of stargate, is this true? I've looked all over and I don't see evidence of it -- i feel pretty silly asking since it seems the community is still alive.  Can somebody difuse this concern of mine please!

Comments

• KeoghKeogh Member Posts: 1,099

Do you have a link to the source of this information?

Did your source have links to an official gaming news source that gave this information?

If the answers is no, you just need to relax and go about your day.

"Don't corpse-camp that idea. Its never gonna rez"
    Bladezz (The Guild)

• olddaddyolddaddy Member Posts: 3,356

No, the developement is not cancelled, they just had the Stargate license yanked out from under them. As a result they are going to change the game slightly and shift to elves, dwarves, hobbits, orcs, and goblins traveling through the stargate to fight with swords, shield, bows etc. I think there is even going to be a Dark Lord now too.

Kind of a LOTRO meets Stargate theme.......just kidding.....

• premiereboripremierebori Member Posts: 249
    awwww man, you dissapointed me, That was gonna be a killer MMO, like the WoW: BBC on steroids.
  • M3mnarchM3mnarch Member Posts: 4
    I actually heard the same thing, but i dont have any proof either...

I swear, that Orphanage ATTACKED me! --Richard

• jacobRjacobR Member Posts: 141
    Originally posted by olddaddy

No, the developement is not cancelled, they just had the Stargate license yanked out from under them. As a result they are going to change the game slightly and shift to elves, dwarves, hobbits, orcs, and goblins traveling through the stargate to fight with swords, shield, bows etc. I think there is even going to be a Dark Lord now too.
    Kind of a LOTRO meets Stargate theme.......just kidding.....

its okay i  know your serious. yes stargate will be adding elves as far as i know their main skill will be prancing in the flowers. :P
  • thatkenguythatkenguy Member Posts: 58

http://www.stargateworlds.com/   <-- check the news...   As of this post time there is news up to June 20th 2007.