Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQII Beta Sign Up

cedoricedori Member Posts: 500

Well, it is official from EQII website, on May 3rd 10:00AM PDT you may sign up for beta.  Welcome to the boards being slamed.

http://everquest2.station.sony.com/beta.jsp

P-4 3.0, 120 HD SATA, Geforce FX5600/256, 2gig Dual DDR 400 (PC3200), WinXP-Home, SBLive, CD/DVD, Gigabyte 1000 Pro board w/FSB 800, AGP 8X, 2004 GT Edition, Intel 865PE chipset, DX-9.0b and cable ISP 2mb

Comments

• UnKn0wNUnKn0wN Member Posts: 59

After reading their FAQ this is what they say about Beta Testing.

BETA TESTING

How do I become a beta tester?
    Information regarding the EverQuest II beta test will be made available on the official website. However, it is important to note that many of our EverQuest Legends subscribers will be the first to experience EverQuest II when it enters beta. We will be giving preference to longtime EverQuest Legends subscribers, so if you're interested in EverQuest Legends, sign up now. After EverQuest Legends players, longtime EverQuest subscribers will be eligible for a phase of the beta as well. We realize this information is somewhat vague, and the only reason for that is that we don't have an exact date yet for beta testing, but we will in the future.

Unfortuately, since i just started getting into MMORPG's having never played EQ 1, my chances are looking pretty ugly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    War Doesn't Determine Who's Right, War Determines Who's Left.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• ghoulieghoulie Member Posts: 17
    Grr. I used to play EQ ages ago, but no longer. Now my EQII beta shots are narrowed even further? :(

• Danman7359Danman7359 Member Posts: 10

Yea same here, i use to play EQ but not anymore...I just hope i get picked, i know it will be all luck.         *crosses fingers*

• sRebornsReborn Member Posts: 15
    Wow, talk about high recommended computer specs.

"The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the soul's tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore must the soul decieve, despise, and murder men."
    - A. J. Durai

• THX2THX2 Member Posts: 8
    Nice, although I seem to carry bad luck when applying for betas.. I get those I don't want and fail to receive those I do want :)

THX
    Guild Wars OGaming Webmaster
    http://guildwars.ogaming.com
    http://gwchronicle.com

• ghoulieghoulie Member Posts: 17
    Hehe, same here!

• JiraiyaJiraiya Member Posts: 150
    I hope pple outside of NA have a decent chance of getting in too.

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786
     If SoE is confident enough they will drop the NDA during beta *crosses fingers* .

Game Rankings
    City of Heroes: W00T!!!!! ::::08::
    FFXI: Ok
    Lineage II: No....
    SWG: get out.... ::::36::

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • wystanwystan Member Posts: 68

Originally posted by rathma
     If SoE is confident enough they will drop the NDA during beta *crosses fingers* .

sure hope soimage

ATM

• ObiyerObiyer Member Posts: 511

For a second I thought this was the minimum required:

P-4 3.0, 120 HD SATA, Geforce FX5600/256, 2gig Dual DDR 400 (PC3200), WinXP-Home, SBLive, CD/DVD, Gigabyte 1000 Pro board w/FSB 800, AGP 8X, 2004 GT Edition, Intel 865PE chipset, DX-9.0b and cable ISP 2mb

Lol

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Well they always said that current subs would go in first and most will come from the premium server legends.

Though expect to read a lot about lag because most folks I know in EQ have not bothered to upgrade their computers in quite a while since they did not need to .

• GundamitGundamit Member Posts: 268

Whatever happens ether I get in beta or not.

I WILL BUY AND PLAY EVERQUEST 2 !!!!

http://www.sittingduckradio.com - Best music on the Internet

• SeravajanSeravajan Member UncommonPosts: 192

I hope I'll get into the beta due the facts I played more than 3 years and I was one of the first one to get EQ Legend subscription but I had to cancel everything after I lost my job. :(

Betatested:

AC2; Lords of Everquest; Horizons; Fung Wan Online; Wish

Played:

EQ; DAoC; Horizons; SWG; Shadowbane

• RegusRegus Member Posts: 489

I think every mmorpg player will want to test or at least play EQ2 because of EQ.

I, myself, hope to get in to help testing/or playing in open beta but i am keeping my eye on irth online too because that looks great also

One day all will die, surely you but never I.

"One day all will die, surely you but never I." Wheel of Time