Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for something similar to WOW

I LOVE LOVE WOW!!! I play RP and just wanted to know what games have that similar effects as far as RP and lvls, skills and talents...what games do you guys suggest...i see the list and its kinda overwhelming which ones are similar to WOW RP? Example my main char is a night elf hunter with a pet moonstalker which i love...any suggestions..sorry im relatively new. Thank you again!

Comments

• redelf07redelf07 Member Posts: 156
    Lord of the Rings Online has unprecedented RP material already in it before launch.(Which happens to be April 24th) Try it out. Its very similar to WoW, but it just wasn't my thing. Maybe you will like it though.

E8400@ 4.0Ghz ~ Saphire HD 4870 ~ 6GB DDR2@ 860MhZ

• thestephelsthestephels Member Posts: 7

you were reading my mind. I am trying to download it now and i reserved a copy at Game Stop but im having issues downloading it im trying to repair now:( thx again

• LordcrapalotLordcrapalot Member Posts: 191

I would say LOTRO too.

"I cherish the memories of a question my grandson asked me the other day when he said..Grandpa, were you a hero in the war?...No, but i served in a company of heroes"
    Sgt. Mike Ranney E-company 506PIR 101'st airborn

• Wilhem04Wilhem04 Member Posts: 2
    I dont think LOTR online game will go far...

I mean how many MMORPGS do u see that come from a book/movie/strategy/comic or so on...

People will know what will be unlocked, fans will know most of the things anyway.....

A game is supposed to keep you excitied, it is there to make you discover new areas, new things... but people alrdy know whats LOTR is, people know the places, the characters....

So the game will not be a successful one in my opinion and the makers have tried taking a big task upon themselfs... They should of had more research :P

Anyway thats my opinion and i am not a LOTR fan.... before you ask... and this post is not against LOTR before some ppl say it is...

Its just to point out the obvious :P
  • EreeZEreeZ Member Posts: 54

Hi,

Well like most here i would too say LOTR, but there is one other..

That would be, Vanguard - Saga of heroes. 

Not so rich on the Lore, atleast not what i found, but once ingame you have housing and mounts both quite early in the game

so those things that (for some reason) always seems to be a status-symbol in other MMO's, here its easy and quickly becomes part of the game.. like IRL, who would travel by foot hundred of miles when there is hourses...? and not have a home just becouse your not some master hero?

think its a good way to get more of the game into a good mood.

and yes, its like WoW, its practicly the same game but other races, more to do and another world.. so if you know WoW you will easyly get into Vanguard.

over and out

• OdyssesOdysses Member Posts: 581
    I have to concur with my fellow posters.   LoTRO should be next on your "to do" list for mmorpg's.
  • sturuisturui Member Posts: 25

I have to agree LOTRO be your next even after we have WAR up and coming if you do not fancy LOTRO though I suggest you give it a go.. if you have not tried it yet.

• metalcoremetalcore Member Posts: 798

Have to say the style of LOTR is very much like WoW.

Story line will be tolkein, the very essence of RP, the only thing that springs to mind is if the game ends up with a terrible community.

So far from some of the champions of this game on this forum, its not looking good.

Now playing: VG (after a long break from MMORPGS)
    Played for more than a month: Darkfall online, Vanguard SOH, Everquest, Horizons, WoW, SWG, Everquest II, Eve

• IIoWoIIIIoWoII Member Posts: 11

LOTRO & V:SoH, both don't got the graphics style of WoW.

If your looking fimiliar to wow, you should sign up for the Warhammer online: Age of Reckoning beta.

www.warhammeronline.com for amerika

www.war-europe.com for europe!

• AshGUTZAshGUTZ Member Posts: 339

LotR is horrid. I'm like you, I LOVED WoW for the two years I played it. Something about the graphics, the character play, the armor, everything just made me excited to play.

I hate to tell you the only thing i've seen similar this far is a game not even out yet. The one the kid above me posted, Warhammer and Gods & Heroes looks pretty too. Probably just because Medusa is hot though. :3

• IIoWoIIIIoWoII Member Posts: 11

Kid.... ? xD

• SramotaSramota Member Posts: 756

Originally posted by IIoWoII
    Kid.... image? xD
    Yes, at 14 we still call you a kid as you sure ain't an adult.

Played so far: 9Dragons, AO, AC, AC2, CoX, DAoC, DF, DnL, DR, DDO, Ent, EvE, EQ, EQ2, FoMK, FFO, Fury, GW, HG:L, HZ, L1, L2, M59, MU, NC1, NC2, PS, PT, R:O, RF:O, RYL, Ryzom, SL, SB, SW:G, TR, TCoS, MX:O, UO, VG, WAR, WoW...
    It all sucked.

• LatinaLatina Member Posts: 53
    And how would you know he's only 14? *Cough* Stalker. (:

Also, I wouldn't consider a fourteen-year old a child.
    Originally posted by Latina

And how would you know he's only 14? *Cough* Stalker. (:

Also, I wouldn't consider a fourteen-year old a child.

It says on his PUBLIC profile. And putting your age is completely voluntary. Maybe he wants people to know his age, like others.

Oh, psh. I didn't know that. xD

But, for all you know, maybe he isn't a virgin. O.o Would someone who's been corrupted in his early ages be considered a "kid"? Children are considered innocent. Too bad I'm not. ):

Oh, psh. I didn't know that. xD

But, for all you know, maybe he isn't a virgin. O.o Would someone who's been corrupted in his early ages be considered a "kid"? Children are considered innocent. Too bad I'm not. ):

Come back when you make sense.

Err, the previous sentence was a random input, but basically, age isn't the most important factor in differentiating a person's intellectual potential. When I think of a kid, I think of someone who's immature, but not everyone who's 14 is immature. (:

Err, the previous sentence was a random input, but basically, age isn't the most important factor in differentiating a person's intellectual potential. When I think of a kid, I think of someone who's immature, but not everyone who's 14 is immature. (:

When I think of a kid, I think of someone childish and annoying. In a way, I think of you. Fancy.

Ah, that's nice. My goal isn't to annoy you, if you haven't noticed. I'm a regular, any day "kid" who goes around posting in forums related to games he/she has played.

Ah, that's nice. My goal isn't to annoy you, if you haven't noticed. I'm a regular, any day "kid" who goes around posting in forums related to games he/she has played.

Or, you go around posting completely irrelevant trash. Not to mention, pure self-contradiction.

"I've never played WoW, but I want to. :[

Can't afford you. Darn you rich people!"

-- From the thread here where a guy asked about a game that was like WoW, which.. you havn't played.

• sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849

Ehm, keep to the topic.

But to me, Lotro seemed very similar to WoW (and cause of that i didnt buy it).

If you like " that" tho i think you should enjoy it. Anyways, ill wait for my games and "kids" for theirs.

jk :)

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

Whoops, so I have a typo, whoopdedo. Do you pick on every little mistake I made? Would you like me to do the same, ma`am?

And how is that a contradictory statement? All I said was I wanted to play WoW and I can't play it because I have no money, so as a joke, I said "Darn you rich people!" I'm not contradicting myself.
  • KapacsKapacs Lord of the Rings Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 17
    I tried LOTR Online but it just couldn't pull it all together. The item variety is very small, you can't see a damn thing during night time and the quests leave a lot to be desired of.

Even as a cat, one must be a cat with dreams.

• chillikingchilliking Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Try ROSE online^^

www.roseonlinegame.com
  • bombermannbombermann Member Posts: 18
    may be lotro