Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta Testing or F2P

When people hear of a new game that's really cool and there is an Closed/ Open Beta for the game does anyone take it to heart? I mean that when you Beta Test does anyone send in reports to the GM/ Tech Support for all the minor problmes so the game comes out really well when it is released, or do people just see it as a F2P game in Beta stages, wether it is or not, when it is released? I see this happen to some poeple before so thats why I ask. Thoghts anyone?

Comments

• justmyselfjustmyself Member Posts: 104
    I've played LOTRO open beta, and I found some bugs, and I've reported them. It's important to report the bugs when you are beta tester, because it makes game better.
  • grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102
    Given that all games coming out are level centralised I'd avoid open betas as a main game since they get whiped to lvl 0 when theyre released.

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

• VicatinVicatin Member UncommonPosts: 139
    Its called the tragedy of the commons. Everyone wants to do whatever will maximize their happiness in the short run, even though they know that it will hurt them in the long run.
  • ghostrideghostride Member Posts: 12
    F2P is why people play
  • ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

Well Actualy I do test in closed beta. In Open beta I do test and send in reports, but less normaly only major bug, non the less I do participate in events and the forums to make sure I stay updated. <br />
    <br />
    However F2P and Beta can not be compared.