Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The reason why you guys hate World of Warcraft so much

Pjay2kPjay2k Member CommonPosts: 260
First thing first:

I never played World of Warcraft once in my life, simply because I'm a student and don't want to get addicted to a game like most of you guys out there :)

I read a lot of hate threads about WoW like "WoW is finally starting to loose customers ! HORAY!" or "Never again WoW !!! I'm cured"

People stop playing World of Warcraft and act like reallife is something soooo special, I mean hello? what the hell have you guys done in the last couple of months or years that caused you to see reallife as something extra ordinary ?

you guys are so lost in your "World of Warcraft" , that you have lost the feeling of how nice it is for example chilling with your girlfriend or having fun with your friends and now after years of World of Warcraft playing, you finally begin to realise that instead of playing computer games, it is so much more fun doin something in reallife

and I think thats exactly the reason why many of you online junkies HATE world of warcraft sooo much, you guys give Blizzard the blame for your addiction and thats really a shame...

Blizzard made an excellent job with this game, which got almost 9 million customers and yeah I know many got multiple accounts and those numbers are not exactly correct but who cares?

even if they had 1 million customers instead of 8 or 9 it would still be the number 1 mmorpg out there and you online addicts should better think over your life instead of blaming the number 1 gaming company in the world for your problems...

SOE and NGE-Star Wars Galalaxies:
Raph Koster: "It's like dumping the girlfriend who has always been patient and loving to chase after the supermodel who probably won't love you back."

Comments

• NooiTNooiT Member Posts: 93

first u havent played wow and u call ppl noob? as in newbie, new to the game, etc, some ppl can work and have a reallife, one doesnt have to chose the one or the other.

you havent played the game and u assume that ppl who have played it are all noobs and suckers because thay dont play it any more and is starting too hate it? tbh..  why in hell are you here? you dont play mmo, u come here and make a flame post for no reason other then being annoying..

• Pjay2kPjay2k Member CommonPosts: 260
    Originally posted by NooiT

first u havent played wow and u call ppl noob? as in newbie, new to the game, etc, some ppl can work and have a reallife, one doesnt have to chose the one or the other.
    you havent played the game and u assume that ppl who have played it are all noobs and suckers because thay dont play it any more and is starting too hate it? tbh..  why in hell are you here? you dont play mmo, u come here and make a flame post for no reason other then being annoying..
    ok you got a point..

I admit that my thread was a little offensiv but the important thing about it is the point,

some guys out there really need to stop blaming blizzard for spending too much time in a game..

update: renamed the thread name and I'm sorry for beeing offensiv :)

Raph Koster: "It's like dumping the girlfriend who has always been patient and loving to chase after the supermodel who probably won't love you back."

I'm a pre-cu veteran and spent too much time ingame either, so I got a good feeling of why people play online games so much and I learned that at some point you really need to get "unplugged" else you waste way too much time in a game...

oh and currently I play causal lord of the rings online and I'm having a nice time ingame :)

• KimahriKimahri Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Since TBC is wow rly shit :)
  • Hoobley_deletedHoobley_deleted Member Posts: 677
    ok then
  • JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347
    Originally posted by Pjay2k

ok you got a point..

I admit that my thread was a little offensiv but the important thing about it is the point,

some guys out there really need to stop blaming blizzard for spending too much time in a game..

update: renamed the thread name and I'm sorry for beeing offensiv :) OK first this must be a troll.

But if its not... Why do so many people spend time watchign TV. Talking , watching, and thinking about sports, heck they most often do even move at jog speed once a month. Why do so  many spend soo much time not working, is the basis of your question. Well becuase there are other entertaining this to do is why. Just becuase society does not give cerdit to it , games are interactive (sports on tv are not) they are often challenging and require thought. Of course there are always mindless players but they find themsleves outgunned. Many MMOs are compeditive much the same way sprts are , however, we all are competing , not just watchign others compete.

There also a giant social aspect too it , where peopel are much less judgemental of ones aprence and more judging of ones actiosn and real abilities (yes to think, lead, be a good person, etc)

Good enough ? if not ill write more.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• RecantRecant Member UncommonPosts: 1,586
    I think the OP has a good point really.

If you become addicted to something like WoW, you've only got yourself to blame.  People try to ignore their responsibility to look after themselves and take things in moderation.  Blaming a game company for making their game too good isn't being realistic!

But on the other hand.

Like the previous poster mentioned, WoW is a better alternative to TV - which is a more socially acceptable way to waste your life :)

Still waiting for your Holy Grail MMORPG? Interesting...

Originally posted by Jetrpg

ok you got a point..

update: renamed the thread name and I'm sorry for beeing offensiv :)OK first this must be a troll.

But if its not... Why do so many people spend time watchign TV. Talking , watching, and thinking about sports, heck they most often do even move at jog speed once a month. Why do so  many spend soo much time not working, is the basis of your question. Well becuase there are other entertaining this to do is why. Just becuase society does not give cerdit to it , games are interactive (sports on tv are not) they are often challenging and require thought. Of course there are always mindless players but they find themsleves outgunned. Many MMOs are compeditive much the same way sprts are , however, we all are competing , not just watchign others compete.

There also a giant social aspect too it , where peopel are much less judgemental of ones aprence and more judging of ones actiosn and real abilities (yes to think, lead, be a good person, etc)

Good enough ? if not ill write more.

watching tv and playing world of warcraft is really a bad example, I tell you why:

a movie session goes between 1 and 3 hours and youre done.. tv series are even shorter,

a world of warcraft session can take up to 19 hours, especially at the beginning, when you get hooked to that game..

the "keep goin" factor is far more addictive in a video game like world of warcraft then an activity in reallife...

I have experienced that by myself while playing lord of the rings online on saturday... I spent about 15 hours playing lord of the rings online and I couldnt quit, simply because it was so much fun

• OmglolftwOmglolftw Member Posts: 5

WoW has amazing gameplay and descent graphics.  With a game this large and the amount of time you spend in it, you're bound to find some flaws in boundry checks or a glitch.  However, they're quick to be fixed usually.  The issue I have is pretty simple with the game.  I'm a year and a half vet.  I have 2 level 70s and a twink at almost every .9 level (19, 29, 39, 49).  Problem is, where is the housing and all the awesome crafting abilities?  I loved being the only one who could make xxx with my name on it in UO.  Had a vendor house where I sold my goodies.  I know the AH is a nice feature, but at the same time I miss shopping.  I used to go around in Brittania (Trammel, brit moongate) and go house to house looking for good deals on all the rares... then I had a rune library with 100+ good shopping spots in the middle of nowhere.  Not to mention, you can only hearth to 1 spot?  It takes a legendary weapon that I have NEVER seen on another character... let alone had hope of getting myself, to be able to teleport to a random spot on map... and you can only select one.  I miss picking my favorite grind spot, logging in for 20 minutes and grinding for that time.  WoW is a game that it takes you 10+ minutes just to get to where u want to grind... if you dont run into the other faction.

Dont get me wrong, great game and I am still addicted.  They just will lose my business when someone releases the same stability game... similar game size/questing abilities... and gives more custom character options/housing ownership/crafting professions.

Blizzard gets my vote for the fastest at patching problems.  I dont miss the days of UO where it took MONTHS to get 1 issue resolved in a patch... or how the GMs always said the same shit and never helped.  At least in WoW if you read the ToS and build a case the GMs will always side with you.

In response to the OP's last post:

That's not necessarily true.  TV goes on forever, obviously.  Just like in WoW you can go to a different instance, or play another class, or whatever in WoW, you can change channels on TV.   TV doesn't end.  WoW actually does have a finite amount of interesting PVE content, like every MMO.  You can PvP indefinately, but then, you can watch a sports channel indefinately,

• 0k210k21 Member Posts: 866
    ......Hmm.... What to say.... oh yes this ought to do it......ahem..... LAWL...... Please read the posts again if you can't understand why more and more people are beginning to hate WoW.

Quoting people doesn't make you clever, in fact, it makes you all the more stupid for not bothering to read the quotes you post in the first place.

• ASmith84ASmith84 Member Posts: 979

honustly its the persons fault simply cause he or she has the free will to do as he pleased.  you can blame whoever you want but it is your fault for doing what you did.  faith, destiny, the inevitable, even God doesnt make you do anything.  it is all you and you alone.  you can have influences on what you do but you made the choice now live with it.

anyways world of warcraft is just a game.  if people want to spend their lives on it then let them.  that is their problem.  i have no problem with those kind of people.  its just that some of them take it too far and make fun of people who dont play as much in games.  to me your just insulting yourself if you do that. 

• RehmesRehmes Member Posts: 600

I dont hate the game at all tbh. I dont play it and therefore it isnt my problem. What i hate is certain (not all) players think that WoW is the be all end all of MMOs. I dont like players whose 1st mmo was WoW to go on to play other games and say they either suck compared to WoW or that they are rip offs. Many times have i seen people go and say EQII is a rip off of WoW, ive ever heard the same damned things for Auto Assault. For godsake how can those 2 even be compared?

WoW is an overall good game from what i see (i have many friends who play it), at it certainly has had a great following for a long time. I respect the game and its players, until someone spewes utter crap in forums on in other games they decided to try.

In reality what usually happens is that someone will make a positive comment about WoW.  Perhaps they'll say it's the best MMO out there, but only very rarely will they say that all other MMOs suck.   And then for some reason, people with a unhealthy resentment for the game will get offended by this and make some baseless remarks as to why they think WoW sucks.

Don't believe me?  Take a look at the hate generated by "WoW is the best game in the world", did he say other games sucked?  No.  He said he loved the game to bits and the WoW haters slated him for it.  Why the hell are they in the damn WoW forum if they weren't expecting to see people posting they like WoW?  If he said other games sucked, the haters would have an argument.

The WoW haters have no valid argument.

I've played lots of MMOs, and WoW is my favourite for now.  I think it's the best MMO in the world. You would not believe the amount people who think I'm criticising their games when I'm saying I think WoW is generally the best game out there.  It's just my opinion. Yet people hate me for it, get a grip lol :)

Yet some people seem to think I'm pissing in their cornflakes when I refute their ill-conceived criticisms by saying things like: "Actually, WoW isn't full of 12 year olds, and I've seen worse communities in other games..."

At the end of the day it boils down to a simple law of MMOs:  There will always be a vocal minority who hate the game. EQ has haters, EVE has haters, EQ2 has haters, GW has haters.  WoW's problem is that it's too popular for it's own good, and because so many people play; it's vocal minority is extremely large compared to other MMOs.

The WoW haters are even more bitter because their exclusive vocal minority is made less clique because so many people love to hate the damn game :)

• LordcrapalotLordcrapalot Member Posts: 191
    Recant, WoW lovers are just as "fanatical" as WoW haters. Your assumptions are just as wrong as the "WoW  haters" assumptions. Dont go around wearing a halo when your just as guilty as the ones your fighting. 

"I cherish the memories of a question my grandson asked me the other day when he said..Grandpa, were you a hero in the war?...No, but i served in a company of heroes"
    Sgt. Mike Ranney E-company 506PIR 101'st airborn

Guilty of what?  What the hell am I guilty of?

• GreenHellGreenHell Member UncommonPosts: 1,323
    I play WoW and enjoy it yet I hate most of the wow lovers. If you cant admit the flaws the game has you are blind. I can see the flaws I just ignore them when I play. The game is far from perfect but it is enjoyable. I can also see why people hate it and hate the people that play it. Honestly I cant stand most of the people I run in to in the game. I just ignore them too.
  • JsnukJsnuk Member Posts: 4
    World of warcraft SUCKS like an argentinian penguin, there i said it! Anybody who disagrees is a sad, sad, sad person in my encyclopedia

You claim that only the people talking against WoW are guilty of hating. While those who defend the game are just as hateful against those who talk against it.

People are entiteld to their opinions, both ways. So if people dont like WoW they are allowed to say that they dont without being attacked. And vise versa.

"I cherish the memories of a question my grandson asked me the other day when he said..Grandpa, were you a hero in the war?...No, but i served in a company of heroes"

Originally posted by GreenHell

I play WoW and enjoy it yet I hate most of the wow lovers. If you cant admit the flaws the game has you are blind. I can see the flaws I just ignore them when I play. The game is far from perfect but it is enjoyable. I can also see why people hate it and hate the people that play it. Honestly I cant stand most of the people I run in to in the game. I just ignore them too.
    Are you saying that the only valid kind of post praising WoW is one that acknowledges its flaws?

Originally posted by Recant

Originally posted by GreenHell

Are you saying that the only valid kind of post praising WoW is one that acknowledges its flaws?

Read my post again and try and focus on the vise versa part.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    I don't hate WOW, played the game for 1.75 years, had some good times, but have grown weary of the gameplay and now enjoy other games (LotRO atm). 

I play a lot, but never for 15 hours....no game is that fun, nor would my family and real life obligations permit it. My wife call's me an addict, I play about 2-3  hours a day, 7 days a week, so from her perspective I guess I am. (but I can stop, no, really, I can!)

I enjoy the time that I game, make no apologies for not raking the yard yet this spring (hey, the leaves can all blow over to my neighbors) and I certainly don't waste much time hating WOW.

Now, WOWtrolls are a different story...them I hate

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Lordcrapalot

You claim that only the people talking against WoW are guilty of hating. While those who defend the game are just as hateful against those who talk against it.
    People are entiteld to their opinions, both ways. So if people dont like WoW they are allowed to say that they dont without being attacked. And vise versa.
    No, not at all.  I am not blind to WoW's shortcomings, I just think they are outweighed by WoWs strengths for me not to have to mention them every time I praise WoW.  I have never claimed that people talking against WoW are guilty of hating.  I have always addressed WoW haters seperately to those who don't insult people or people that play WoW in general.

• ronan32ronan32 Member Posts: 1,418

First thing first:

I never played World of Warcraft once in my life, simply because I'm a student and don't want to get addicted to a game like most of you guys out there :)

I read a lot of hate threads about WoW like "WoW is finally starting to loose customers ! HORAY!" or "Never again WoW !!! I'm cured"

People stop playing World of Warcraft and act like reallife is something soooo special, I mean hello? what the hell have you guys done in the last couple of months or years that caused you to see reallife as something extra ordinary ?

you guys are so lost in your "World of Warcraft" , that you have lost the feeling of how nice it is for example chilling with your girlfriend or having fun with your friends and now after years of World of Warcraft playing, you finally begin to realise that instead of playing computer games, it is so much more fun doin something in reallife

and I think thats exactly the reason why many of you online junkies HATE world of warcraft sooo much, you guys give Blizzard the blame for your addiction and thats really a shame...

Blizzard made an excellent job with this game, which got almost 9 million customers and yeah I know many got multiple accounts and those numbers are not exactly correct but who cares?

even if they had 1 million customers instead of 8 or 9 it would still be the number 1 mmorpg out there and you online addicts should better think over your life instead of blaming the number 1 gaming company in the world for your problems...
    shut up you self righteous p****, you dont know anyone on this site so who are you to tell them what their lifes are like, your post comes across as you being better than everyone who plays wow, when irl you are probably not and you need to feel good about yourself by putting others down....i say to you sir, get a life.

Then we agree on the matter. Hating goes both ways:)

Edit: Seems like ronan32 is a good example of that:)