Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Non-PvP Server?

calyptacalypta Member Posts: 8
I heard L2 has a Non-PvP server now with increased XP rate. Is this true? Can't find anything about it on the main site.

Comments

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180
    Nope sorry all pvp servers.

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• calyptacalypta Member Posts: 8
    Crap. Well, thanks for responding. Was hoping to give L2 a chance but I just hear way too many horror stories about it.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Nothing like that on the official servers....

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• xephonicsxephonics Member UncommonPosts: 672
    llineage 2 IS pvp, w/o it there would not be much to the game...

My god has horns.... nah, I don't think he is real either.

• EllyrionEllyrion Member Posts: 193
    Originally posted by calypta

Crap. Well, thanks for responding. Was hoping to give L2 a chance but I just hear way too many horror stories about it.

Don't submit to the hype to easily. Give it a go and see for yourself. Thats the problem with MMO's these days too much hype surrounds them.

L2 by its very nature is a "competitive game", and in order to progress through some parts of it, you will need to compete with other players whether for content or control of PvE. The method of this "competition" is either solo or group based PVP.

You need to prepare yourself for the innevitable PvP aspect of the game, but have no need to be afraid of it. Infact embrace it and understand its purpose.

Read and understand the karma system, do specific research on what it costs to PvP, esp at high levels and you wil quickly realise that its simply not worth the cost of SS or effort to regain Karma to PK lower level characters for no reason, when you have a shedload of perfectly good opponents which you will tend to be at Clan War with by the time . There is no return on investment and it is generally the e-bayers and bored kids that promulgate the stigma of L2 being an unfriendly game. There is no denying that there is no protection for you against these individuals or other scammers in the game, IF you chose to take on these challenges by yourself.

There has never been a more compelling argument for groupping and the development of sound interpersonal relationships in MMO's as that which I have experieced in L2.

The question you need to ask yourself is what are your expectations in relation to progression in such a "contested" environment .

The answer ultimately lies with you :)

Regards,

Ellyrion Fiallathandriel

7X Eva's Templar

Kain

"Reckless Knight"

Ellyrion Fiallathandriel

7X Eva's Templar

Kain

• alyndalealyndale Member UncommonPosts: 936
    Originally posted by xephonics

Hmmm...I think you are mistaken. 

Yep, L2 is a PvP game, but, rule sets can be written so that PvP would only be available in specified areas, such as arenas, GM chosen zones, and of course sieges.

On a server such as this PvP wouldn't be possible in any other zone because of the rule set made, thus making questing and story immersion a bigger part of the game.  This would invite the old role players back, possibly. 

But, alas, Koreans won't attempt this...

Aion is on it's way and this will definitely change the scene for NCSoft and Lineage 2.

Aion brings an opportunity as I see it for a truly nice way to present an MMO..PvPvE..very refreshing, indeed.  Factions and a true test of team oriented PvP.

The days of this old game engine draws near an end.

All I want is the truth
    Just gimme some truth
    John Lennon

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Originally posted by alyndale

Originally posted by xephonics

Hmmm...I think you are mistaken. 

Yep, L2 is a PvP game, but, rule sets can be written so that PvP would only be available in specified areas, such as arenas, GM chosen zones, and of course sieges.

On a server such as this PvP wouldn't be possible in any other zone because of the rule set made, thus making questing and story immersion a bigger part of the game.  This would invite the old role players back, possibly. 

But, alas, Koreans won't attempt this...

Aion is on it's way and this will definitely change the scene for NCSoft and Lineage 2.

Aion brings an opportunity as I see it for a truly nice way to present an MMO..PvPvE..very refreshing, indeed.  Factions and a true test of team oriented PvP.

The days of this old game engine draws near an end.

As soon as Aion hits I'm out of L2.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SantaClaws48SantaClaws48 Member Posts: 280
    I don't see the point of having non pvp areas. The game is about being accountable for your actions. Removing pvp would just be a wrong step. Imagine a clan betraying you at a siege and you lose your castle. If you can't make their lives hell for the next two weeks I think that would be more frustrating than anything.
  • alyndalealyndale Member UncommonPosts: 936
    Originally posted by SantaClaws48

I don't see the point of having non pvp areas. The game is about being accountable for your actions. Removing pvp would just be a wrong step. Imagine a clan betraying you at a siege and you lose your castle. If you can't make their lives hell for the next two weeks I think that would be more frustrating than anything.
    It used to me my friend...not any more...

It's about greed...and taking by force whatever you want and staying as wealthy as possible...

It also is about game minipulation as well...Count how many adena markets are out there...quite some time ago the older alliances started using the bots for actual profit rather than making them accountable for this action...

Reds are now a part of any "Revenge/retribution team... you gank me ... i send my reds to kill you...

All I want is the truth
    Just gimme some truth
    John Lennon

• SantaClaws48SantaClaws48 Member Posts: 280
    Alliances don't se bots to farm adena. That's rediculous. Individuals may, but enitre alliances? Unleiky. Any decent high level guild can generate more money than bots by raiding, doing high end quests or soul stones.

And I really don't know what you are talking about retribution teams. If some idiot is going to try and seek revenge on my level 78 character with a red, their red better be geared out and I hope they're ready to lose that gear.
  • EllyrionEllyrion Member Posts: 193
    Originally posted by alyndale

Originally posted by SantaClaws48

It used to me my friend...not any more...

It's about greed...and taking by force whatever you want and staying as wealthy as possible...

It also is about game minipulation as well...Count how many adena markets are out there...quite some time ago the older alliances started using the bots for actual profit rather than making them accountable for this action...

Reds are now a part of any "Revenge/retribution team... you gank me ... i send my reds to kill you...

I think you're veering off the issue. The gist of the argument is that without PvP implemented to support players taking control of their PvE environment there is no L2. Whether its implemented as well as it could be or whether the generation that plays it is too immature for the concepts envisaged by the devs are separate issues. The theory is one thing, how it comes out in practice is another. Its technicaly the same argument as whats worse the guns or the ppl who chose to use them inappropriately ;)

I concede your point about greed, however I will add this, greed exists in every MMO in one way or another. Its no less prevalent in L2 than in EQ1 , 2 or WoW.  In L2 it can be managed a lot easier than other MMO's precisely because everything is tradeable. Its a catch 22.

Regards,

Ellyrion Fiallathandriel

7X Eva's Templar

Kain