Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Class has your interest atm and why?

Ive always played summoner classes in most MMOs that offer them, however i feel like i really want to play a healer oriented class for this game (i dont know why i just do). So for the momment i am leaning towards druid of the storm or scion of set.

What class has your interest and why?

Comments

• TedDansonTedDanson Member Posts: 513
    I usually go for melee fighters in MMO's because I like the look of heavy armors, but right now the Lich is looking pretty sweet to me.
  • RehmesRehmes Member Posts: 600
    Originally posted by TedDanson

I usually go for melee fighters in MMO's because I like the look of heavy armors, but right now the Lich is looking pretty sweet to me.
    I agree, it seems very unique tbh.
  • BrognanBrognan Member Posts: 78
    barbarian..a DPS with a 2 handed sword
  • KasperrKasperr Member Posts: 26
    stygian mage
  • jcmax17jcmax17 Member Posts: 8
    lich look sick....i may try assassin because it looks like they can do a lot in the game
  • ManmadegodManmadegod Member Posts: 501
    Lich for me, always play the necro type characters if possible.... Other than that something big intimidating and swinging a sword twice as big as he is sounds good.
  • taliftalif Member Posts: 141

Well for me i roll as a ranger class in most games but this time around i am going as Herald of Xotli. It seems to be interesting

FFxi Retired
    Coh/Cov Retired
    Guild Wars/Retired
    WOW/(11-23-04/1-6-07)
    VSOH/ retired
    AOC/retired that was fast :(
    Waiting 4 DCUO ,and FFXIV

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275
    Some kind of melee character. The new combat system is a big must try
  • DiabloMJDiabloMJ Member Posts: 3
    Archer ;) !!! and... healer forest druid!
  • TaekTaek Member Posts: 38

Soldier - conqueror - Dual weild 2 one handed swords on this combat would be awesome, speed and skill love em both, but was also considering the guardian for the polearm and shield bit like a spartan feel i suppose.

http://community.ageofconan.com/conan/frontend/static/classlist/

Seems like the Lich is very popular, i find the Herald to be pretty cool too, the concept art is amazing. If i wasnt going for either the druid of the storm of scion of set healer calsses id probably play the demonologist. I wish they showed some pic of all the classes w different armor sets etc (kinda what L2 has on their site).
  • HuriaHuria Member Posts: 311
    Damn no "music" class. I love playing a Bard. I don't think it would fit well in this setting so I understand. Not sure to be honest :)
    Originally posted by Huria

Damn no "music" class. I love playing a Bard. I don't think it would fit well in this setting so I understand. Not sure to be honest :)

OFC it would fit, you just need to be more creative for example: kill the opponent then use his intestines as cords for a makeshift lute and wala you got a bard....of sorts......

• RanddRandd Member Posts: 409
    I have it narrowed down to Conqueror(Dual) or Guardian(Polearms) or Bear Shaman(Polearms)
    Originally posted by Randd

I have it narrowed down to Conqueror(Dual) or Guardian(Polearms) or Bear Shaman(Polearms)
    you know what scares me? your idea of a shaman with a polearm, cuz if you think abotu it.....when the hell have you seen a healer (though granted this one in particular uses med armor) come at you w a pole arm? Scary isnt it?
    Originally posted by Rehmes

OFC it would fit, you just need to be more creative for example: kill the opponent then use his intestines as cords for a makeshift lute and wala you got a bard....of sorts......

I would buy the game in a heart beat if this was part of it!

I would buy the game in a heart beat if this was part of it!

If that was part of it....id do it all the time and make fraps out of it lol...but honestly...it fits the theme of the game.

On a serious note...the bards are hybrids (buffer/fighter), unless im crazy i do recal conquerors being able to buff with that standard thing they carry. Why not look into that.

I'm just a big fan of the music classes. I don't know why it's just very fun to be playing music and buffing. I will have to research them more to find the best one for me
  • RanddRandd Member Posts: 409

Originally posted by Randd

you know what scares me? your idea of a shaman with a polearm, cuz if you think abotu it.....when the hell have you seen a healer (though granted this one in particular uses med armor) come at you w a pole arm? Scary isnt it? Could be very interesting(= We'll see when we get some more info.
  • SlaySteeleSlaySteele Member Posts: 53

If you put a line of slaves in front of you and slit their throats *just* right you might get a nice (wind)pipe-organ effect....

That aside, I'm going for a Conqueror, Ranger or Assassin for starters, but knowing myself it will probably just be a matter of time before I have one of each archetype/class combination... *sigh* ;)
  • o0unknown0oo0unknown0o Member Posts: 21

A friend and I are going rogues..hopefully they'll at stealth so we can roam around unseen, sneak into houses and picklock some things and steal what we need, and then we gtfo of there :)

• AzalakAzalak Member Posts: 25
    I don't no why but i always play the hunter/archer and then make melee alts
  • mehhemmehhem Member Posts: 653
    Originally posted by daarco

Some kind of melee character. The new combat system is a big must try
    same for me.
  • darkcoud9darkcoud9 Member UncommonPosts: 126
    simple.....barbarian with a 2 handed axe

------------------------------

• ippoippo Member UncommonPosts: 109
    Real men play melee classes. Only fairies play classes that wear dresses.