Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

new player

solorfoxsolorfox Member Posts: 15
whats the best newbe class and the best class for grouping pets are nice

Comments

• solorfoxsolorfox Member Posts: 15
    someone plz help me
  • metamermetamer Member UncommonPosts: 23
    For grouping, pet classes are generally not top of the popularity.  Though, bureaucrats are in demand and a pet class, they are also not amazingly good starter classes.  I'd say teams generally need enforcers and doctors most of all.  However, your best bet is to pick a class that appeals to you, rather than one that will be popular, since it's generally not too hard to get a team in the game.  I've heard it said that Martial Artists are a great starter class though.
  • StoissStoiss Member UncommonPosts: 10
    I would advice martial artist, adventure or maybe a keeper in the order listed.

The martial artist is the cheapest and most straight forward profession to start out with. You get good dmg, ability to tank in some situtaions and low heals and no need to look for new weapons all the time since your fists are your best weapons.

The adventure is a hybrid profession in the same way as the martial artist, in that he can both tank in some situations, heal (better than the ma) and do good dmg. There are a lot of good free weapons for the adventure (temple of three winds, inner sanctum) if you pick the melee route.

The keeper is a fairly straight forward profession, pick the right auras for the job and get into the figth. Pickup agg from adds if some of your more squishy group members gets attacked. The price on some nanos and expecially weapon upgrades can be steep.

I would advice against picking the enforser as a starter profession. They can usually be divided into two types. Those that just stand back and do dmg ("teflon" tanks) which enforsers don't de very well, and those that know how to pick up and hold/manage aggro. Only the later is in demand. This is the same case with soldiers in many repects. You are expected to grab and hold aggro while maintaining a high level of situational awareness which usually only comes from having playing a long time.

Doctors would be a good starter profession if it weren't for all the nanos you have to buy. Also, docs don't solo very well so getting all those nanos staying well equipped for the job can be difficult if they don't have a main to support you.

MPs, 'crats and engineers suffer from the same problem with a lot of expensive nanos plus they tend to be more difficult to play.

Agents and NT's are fairly straight forward to play (watch your aggro tho) except they get a lot of nanos which ofcourse will cost you credits.

As a last note - get in to a nice small/medium sized guild where people have the time and motivation to help you.
  • KocTonpaBKocTonpaB Member Posts: 3
    best new - MA(Martial Artis)
  • Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316
    yeah MA, main reason being you dont need to bother getting or upgrading weapons, you use your fists.