Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anime

Comments

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

meh, im sure my parents would like to see me reading something other than my "harry potter satanist books". a.k.a. quantum physics. never tried manga either, might like it.

--------------------------------------

• GundamitGundamit Member Posts: 268

Originally posted by MurtBijani
    it was so scrweed up...griffith becomes this evil devil dude that's killed millions..and the anime..ends!

I have found out that the Anime "Berserk" is still being made. Infact there still making the Manga in Jap.

So it's only a matter of time before they make it here to America to finish the storyline.

I hurd that Guts makes it out of there with his life because a very powerful being called the Knight of Skeleton saves him. But that's as much as I know.

http://www.sittingduckradio.com - Best music on the Internet

• vietgynearbyvietgynearby Member Posts: 97
    Initial D waz cool

• neonenvangelionimage

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

Originally posted by Gundamit

Originally posted by MurtBijani
    it was so scrweed up...griffith becomes this evil devil dude that's killed millions..and the anime..ends!

I have found out that the Anime "Berserk" is still being made. Infact there still making the Manga in Jap.

So it's only a matter of time before they make it here to America to finish the storyline.

I hurd that Guts makes it out of there with his life because a very powerful being called the Knight of Skeleton saves him. But that's as much as I know.

http://www.sittingduckradio.com - Best music on the Internet

well the first episode was very confusing...was that griffith that gatts killed?

• wystanwystan Member Posts: 68

Originally posted by ChronicRick

No one mentioned Outlaw Star! (Unless I missed it) The series probably seemed like a stereo-type anime to some of you uber-geeks but it had a great, original story. And the worst ending ever. (Yes worse than NGE) God, I hated that ending!!! Alot of anime's end sucking. The good ones end strong and not hinting at a sequel or some shit...image

IMO outlaw star falls into the mediocre anime on cartoon network along with dbz

cowboy bebop is on cartoon network too, and i believe many would still say its one of the better anime out there, even those that watched it before cartoon network. other than that they play crap.

• MistiMisti Member Posts: 724

I think they throw in some good ones now and then.  They have started showing Witch Hunter Robin which personally is one of my favorites.  They just started Wolfs Rain which I havent seen but have heard good things about.

They are also showing Gundam Seed if your into that, its not really my thing but its a very popular anime.

• ChronicRickChronicRick Member Posts: 569

Here's a thought I just had: "How do you define a cartoon as 'anime'?"

Is it big, wide, innocent, virgin eyes on every girl, or shitty dialog or lip movement with the same pattern or wide eyed virgin eyes or good proffesional drawing that blows other cartoons out of the freakin' water or virgin eyes...HOW DO YOU KNOW IF SOMETHING IS ANIME? image

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

i thinks its just if a toon is made in japan. all japanese cartoons just happent to use nearly the same drawing style.

i would recomend trigun its a prety good comedy image

opps topic waz old my bad

np, i got a new question anyway. ive since gotten my dvd player, along with record of lodoss war, berserk, big-o, animatrix, ninja scroll, akira, jin-roh, and my band of brothers. i allready owned cowboy bebop and am through that. ive only gotten through berserk so far, havent started another series yet. nor have i watched any of my movies. now my question:

i planned to get a gundam series, but im not sure which is considered the best. ive only seen wing and ms 8th team. i like ms 8th team better, but i wonder what others think. id also like to know what to get robotech-wise.

• Smelly_ArmorSmelly_Armor Member UncommonPosts: 571

Hey Satan image

As far as Robotech is concerned, I would start out with the Macross Saga. Which starts at the beginning of the Robotech series. The box set usually runs around $65.00 US, but you might be able to find it cheaper if you shop around.

ROBOTECH.COM

Have you watched any of the original Mobile Suit Gundam series episodes or movies??? There's 42 episodes and 3 movies for your viewing pleasure. I guess I'm old fashioned when it comes to Gundam image.

http://www.gundamofficial.com/products/dvds/msg.cfm

"The probability of someone watching you is porportional to the stupidity of your action." Hartley's 1st Law

i think i watched some of the original, never got too into it. and now that i think of it i also watched g gundam and hated it.

• methane47methane47 Member CommonPosts: 3,701

get some movies... Ghost in the Shell any one? (series is good too). That is the place you should start. Then get Akira. Then watch Ninja Scroll, then Ninja Reserection. Then good old Vampire Hunter D. Those should give you a really good base for Animes. Ohh and Bastard too.

Watch your general Anime's to get a good start.. Dragon Balls Z is ok for action. Tank Police, .Hack if you're into watching 5 years worth of anime just to get half of a story... Hmmm there's TOO many to mention...

When you're ready for the really mind boggling stuff that makes you re-evaluate your life. (This life of Animativity can take years) Go get some of the Mind warping really Deep Really Serious Anime's like Serial Experiment Lain (Warning this Anime can mess you up),  and My girlfriend the Ultimate Weapon, (Saikano for short) (Another Warning this is a really messed up sad anime)... OHyeah.. "Ah My Goddess" for romance.. hmmmmmmmm

EDIT: Dont forget all those great anime's some of the other folks mentioned image

Click Here --->Just one of those days<--- Click Here

"Some people call me the walking plank, 'cuz any where you go... Death is right behind you.."
    <i>ME<i>

What's your Wu Name?
    Donovan --> Wu Name = Violent Knight
    Methane47 --> Wu Name = Thunderous Leader
    "Some people call me the walking plank, 'cuz any where you go... Death is right behind you.."
    <i>ME<i>

Originally posted by SatansDisciple

i think i watched some of the original, never got too into it. and now that i think of it i also watched g gundam and hated it.

Hmmm..in that case. Try Robotech: The Masters. Robotech may not just be your thing though.

I'll watch Gundam, but its not might favorite. Not G Gundam, Mobile Suit Gundam, the orginal Gundam series. Still might not be your thing though.

Have you tried YUYU HAKUSHO. It starts out kinda slow and boring, but it really starts to pick up towards the end of the first season. Its good from there on out. If you got tired of Dragon Ball Z or never got into it, try Yu Yu Hakusho.

"The probability of someone watching you is porportional to the stupidity of your action." Hartley's 1st Law

• ReverendDanReverendDan Member Posts: 115

Just to add my tuppence, if you're after something different try Now & Then, Here & There. The character designs are decidedly kiddy-cutsie, and the first episode acts out like a standard kids adventure. And then... and then bad stuff starts to happen. It goes on to become a very serious program, definitely not one for a relaxed easy watch.

Also Haibane Renmei is probably my favourite anime. Very original, very stylish, but also very, very slow. Still a great series.

Also for any fantasy fans Juuni Kokki ("Twelve Kingdoms") really does the business. The rest of the stuff I like's already been mentioned in the thread, so...

• visionnervisionner Member Posts: 41

For those wondering about Berserk...

theres actually 4 "chapters" i think, and the anime series is actually just one of the chapters.

The first episode is not Guts killing Griffith, its Guts fighting one of the monsters created by God Hand or whatever theyre called. IT all ties in with the ending actually , after the ending, Guts is saved by Skeleton Knight as was said before, and the skeleton knight is this super mysterious character that is always trying to kill God hand, i forget why.

Anyways Guts has that mark on him because hes one of the chosen ones to be killed or what not. That mark actually makes him stronger every day, making it more challenging to kill him and more entertaining for the monsters i assume. Because of this mark hes able to go around and kill all these demons, and they all have one of those eggs that u saw griffith with. Except the egg the demons drop are a subordinate egg , not a king egg like griffith's. The skelton knight usually comes by after Guts finishes killing the demons to collect the eggs, so hes basically using Guts.

OH ya, and the fact that Guts was born from a dead woman or whatever, means he potentially has this super crazy powers because he was "born of death" . Thats probably why he can wield the dragonslayer.... which is this crazy sword folded over 1000 times by that blacksmith u see in the anime. He is the only one who can wield it because its so heavy. (its actually the sword u see in episode 1, not throughout the anime).

Uh this is sorta rough, and theres so much info its hard to explain, but i hope u guys get the gist of it. GO read the manga, its awesome. And by the way im not sure if this is all right, but its the basic idea behind what happens. Sorry for any mistakes.

OHh for a really Great Japaneeze anime with a immersive story line and cool fight scenes and serious and funny at the same time!!!.. Definitely go for Samurai X or Rurouni Kenshin.

Although they are pretty much the same except Rurouni Kenshin is Japaneese version and Samurai X is American... But I love Samurai X 10 times as much because to me the voice acting is Way better.... the voices are perfect for the character (in my opinion) while in Rurouni Kenshin it just doesn't feel Perfect (To me)

<i>ME<i>

What's your Wu Name?
    <i>ME<i>

• ViolentYViolentY Member Posts: 1,458

My favorite anime would have to be Blue Gender. I love the more "Americanized" feel to it, but also love the typical anime fighting and sci-fi evironment.

If you liked the movie Starship Troopers but wanted more of a plot, I HIGHLY reccomend you check this show out.

-Machiavelli

• MistiMisti Member Posts: 724

Personally I would avoid the Yu Yu Hakashu, Dragonball Z, and Rurori Kenshin series.  I don't know, maybe its a guy thing but they all seem to follow the exact same silly formula.

Each one the hero or heroes fight a villain and use super attack so and so, or super style so and so, but the villain survives and unleashes his super attack so and so which is even better.  Then after more posturing the hero uses super super attack so and so because he was holding back the whole time.  Then the villain uses super super super attack cause he was holding back too!

That same repeated and anti climactic formula followed through in Dragonball where they went from punches all the way to attacks that destroyed planets but next time they fight a new more powerful villain they both start out with basic punches again...

I am not trying to bash those shows just saying if its not your thing please don't think thats what anime is all about.  There are many deeper and more story oriented anime you should try.

LOLL imageimageimageimageimage imageimage

ROFL oh man, Well I have to confess she is pretty much right about those three anime's but Samurai X (Rurouni Kenshin) is a little different because he has less super tough enemies to fight. But when he does fight those super tough enemies.. that is the exact thing that happens every time...

They both start off the fight pretty much equal just normal parrys and attacks, next episode bad guy reveals some secret and unleashed awesome attack on Kenshi, next episode Kenshi reveals to bad guy that while he thought he used technique properly, because of Kenshi's super human speed he managed to dodge the fatal blow but still got impaled in the stomach, which isn't that bad. Next episode Kenshi reveals that he knew the deep dark secret the whole time and was just testing bad guy to see what he's got... Then kenshi get's his third wind and does a super human speed fast quick attack.... Next episode, Bad Guy blocks super human speed fast quick attack with his own Mortal Deadly Death Kamakazi Critical attack, And also reveals that the secret he told earlier was a lie....

blah blah blah blah,, so on and so on.... But!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes BUT!!!!!!! It is still a pretty cool anime despite the 10 episodes long fights....

What's your Wu Name?
    <i>ME<i>

What's your Wu Name?
    <i>ME<i>

• GarySingidasGarySingidas Member Posts: 6
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Hoy!!! Noypi ako!!!

Gary Singidas!!!
    Si Marfe ni
    wakekekeke!!

Hoy!!! Noypi ako!!!

Gary Singidas!!!
    Si Marfe ni
    wakekekeke!!

Lol, I have to agree with Misti's take on DBZ series and to some degree with YU YU.

Hey Satan. If you have seen and liked Ghost in the Shell, I would recommend Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/reviews/display.php?id=623

Star Blazers is an old series that I grew up with. It might not be to your liking, but you can check it out here:

StarBlazers

Have you added in any new stuff to your anime collection?

"The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your action." Hartley's 1st Law