Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How would you FIX resting

MrViceMrVice Member Posts: 197

Blizzard is envetably going attempt to ballance resting.  Some how I doubt they are going to remove resting completely from the game.  So the question I perpose to all you Wow-loving-resting-hating-fanboys out there is; "How would do you fix it?" 

Oh and please don't just say remove it entierly, because that would develove this thread to another, I hate resting I love resting bit, and I can't stand the thought of that.  For those of you who really feel the need to state how much you absolutly hate the idea of resting, I have included the following poll so we can see where the people of this sight stand on the subject of resting.

Vice Man image

Comments

• DraciusDracius Member Posts: 379

REMOVE IT ENTIRELY!

j/k =D

I think they're going to shorten the time it takes to rest, they're going to make it so you can regain yer status while yer not in an inn, only at a much slower rate, I also think they're going to make it so it takes a good deal of PvE to fatigue you (if it doesn't already) oh and please for the love of shite, DON'T flame me based on my fricking opinions. What I've just said isn't a fact, I don't KNOW that they will but it's my own fricking right to have a belief that Blizzard will alter Resting in that way. I certainly don't think they're going to leave it how it is, or remove it entirely.

Chew on that image

---------------------------------------
    With every post I lose just a little bit more of my sanity.

Peace,

Dracius

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dracius-Saberi-Static
    "With every post, I lose just a little bit more of my sanity." -Dracius

• DraciusDracius Member Posts: 379

First off, my nightly routine

1: mmorpg.com forums

2: Check for web comic updates

3: WoW Official beta forums

and woe and behold look what I find

The Rest State system will be undergoing some changes in the near future. Among other modifications, we will be adjusting the 8-hour timing to be much more flexible. Rest will be accumulated gradually vs. the “8 hours of rest or nothing” approach that is currently in place. To add to this adjustment, people who do not play for long periods of time (weekend warrior types) will accumulate extra rest. This will allow those who only play once or twice a week the added bonus of playing as “well rested” for longer than those who play on a daily basis.

Another anticipated change is to add the ability to rest from anywhere in the world. This should help players who forget or choose not to log off at an inn. Resting at an inn will remain the preferred method, as tiers will accumulate more rapidly if you log off inside an inn.

Lastly, we are planning on making the Rest State modifier a level-based sliding scale for how much experience you can gain at each tier. That is, at higher level-ranges, the amount of experience that you gain before moving down to the next tier of your Rest State will increase.

Overall, we are happy with the Rest State feature and appreciate everyone’s continued feedback. We realize that it still needs to be adjusted and will continue to do so until it’s where we want it to be.

~Kat :)

<insert pelvic thrust here>

With every post I lose just a little bit more of my sanity.

Peace,

Dracius

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dracius-Saberi-Static
    "With every post, I lose just a little bit more of my sanity." -Dracius

• FoGxyFoGxy Member Posts: 33

I like it. I does make exping harder and the need for questing more.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FoG

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FoG

• ObiyerObiyer Member Posts: 511

The whole idea is communist! Lenin would be proud.

LOL

It was one of the things I remembered being said in the WoW forums and I found it kind of commical because in an ackward way it's true.

People expect different things from their mmorpg's however if the rest system makes it's way into retail in anyshape or form I will not be purchasing the product. In the end it might be my loss, but with a slew of promising MMORPG's comming out people like me are bound to find something they like.

How To Fix:

Get rid of the entire idea.

• AzzazzimonAzzazzimon Member UncommonPosts: 211

I don't like the whole idea that Blizzard want to decide what I should do when I'm playing the game, but if they don't want to remove it, make it a positive thing instead of a punishment.

1) Remove the penalty so normal state is lowest you can get.

2) Remove Well rested state and only have rested or normal.

3) Set it on a 24 hour timer so you always get the 'bonus

once a day.

4) Change it so xp gain doesn't matter but have it on a 1-2hour timer instead.

Will give the casual player a bonus all the time he play since they only play 1-2 hours a day most days.

Won't punish the power gamer that want to decide how much and when to play himself.

The changes Blizzard will make is ofcourse better than letting it be like it is right now, but I still think that many players won't get the game simple because of the idea.

-------------------------
    Azzazzimon

-------------------------
    Azzazzimon

• OmolOmol Member Posts: 332

I would do the following.

1- Remove everything below 100% (which happens to be normal rest mode)

2- When you leave a inn your timer does not reset.

3- Survival skill actually speeds up the time of resting away from a inn.

I dont think anyone should be punished for playing a certain way and making it so you get 25-50% less exp than what you would normally have gotten before this went into effect is just wrong.

----------------------------
    Omol da'Ox
    The Blooded

----------------------------
    Omol da'Ox

• RobbgobbRobbgobb Member UncommonPosts: 674

I would like to see it adjusted just a little. 

1. If not resting for full 8 then every 4 hours gains next stage.

2. If not resting for full 8 then 2 hours sets current rest state at full exp needed before losing it.

3. Make normal 2.5 times longer than all the other stages. (5 stages divided by 2 is why I said 2.5)

That is about all I see wrong. I know that amounts will change at some point for the states because I read where they said the 200% bonus is for the first 10 levels. I am not sure what it is after the first 10.

I really like that there are 5 stages. I don't see a problem. If I want to play for 20+ hours with my character I will do it. The stages will mean nothing if I am having fun. Is why in Everquest I would hunt poisonous snakes with my mage because the drops were good money and most ppl left them alone. I know I would have to sit long time when I got poinsoned if I got bit but did not mind. I was having fun.

Counting experience is not something that is fun to me. The closest this will do for me on that topic is to play more than one character.  I have powergamed many times. The only time I have though is if I was with some fun friends. I don't say anything is wrong with it. I don't want to pay for a game I only play 10 hours a week either though. I don't say anything wrong with ppl doing that either.

I really like the resting idea. I read someone talking about the bonuses in Dark Age of Camelot. I like this much better than those. Sometimes I would only get that bonus once. At least on this I know how long I will get the bounus.

I also like the point someone made on the official boards that the skill points earned are off the base experience of creature not how much the person earns. That really makes me want to get exhausted sometimes so that I am will earn more skill points. I really like that idea.