Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bioware - Kotor MMO right out of the EGM rumor mill

franksalbefranksalbe Member Posts: 228
Well i just read in the Rumor Mill for the May 07 issue of EGM that there is a buzz in Bioware about a team being put together for a KOTOR MMO game. Any meat on this rumor?

Faranthil Tanathalos
EverQuest 1 - Ranger
Star Wars Galaxies - Master Ranger
Everquest2 - Ranger WarhammerOnline - Shadow Warrior
WOW - Hunter

That's right I like bows and arrows.

Comments

• KorususKorusus Member UncommonPosts: 831
    Highly doubt it.  Bioware isn't doing third party IPs anymore, so no Kotor and no DnD from them.  And I'd imagine that there's some bad water between LucasArts and Bioware, since that was the last IP Bioware developed for.  Who knows what happened there.

Honestly, I don't understand this obsession with turning every popular series into an MMO.  The majority of MMOs suck and I've yet to see one based on a pre-existing series that was even good (including LotrO which is just "ok"), so why the outcry for it?

I just hope Bioware is going to do something unique and groundbreaking with their MMO. 

I do want to see a KotoR 3 though. 

----------
    Life sucks, buy a helmet.

• ownedyou1ownedyou1 Member Posts: 364
    Originally posted by Korusus

Highly doubt it.  Bioware isn't doing third party IPs anymore, so no Kotor and no DnD from them.  And I'd imagine that there's some bad water between LucasArts and Bioware, since that was the last IP Bioware developed for.  Who knows what happened there.

Honestly, I don't understand this obsession with turning every popular series into an MMO.  The majority of MMOs suck and I've yet to see one based on a pre-existing series that was even good (including LotrO which is just "ok"), so why the outcry for it?

I just hope Bioware is going to do something unique and groundbreaking with their MMO. 

I do want to see a KotoR 3 though. 

People outcry because Bioware knows how to make a great game, Say they remade SWG, it won't happen , but just imagine if they did,

Bioware KNOWS how to make a great game, everyone knows it, and people want to see what they can do with an mmo.
  • tkobotkobo Member Posts: 465

Correction, Bioware knows how to  make a great NON-mmo game.

We dont know for sure how their MMO will turn out.

We do know that they recruited some devs from past mmo dev teams, and that should be a major worry .

i wouldnt be suprised at all if the Bioware MMO turned out to perfectly reflect their lack of experience ,in a bad way, and the over abundance of bad experience of those they recruited from other MMO dev teams.

• ownedyou1ownedyou1 Member Posts: 364
    I didn't say they know how to make a great MMO, i just said 'game'.
  • tkobotkobo Member Posts: 465

Perhaps your unaware a MMO is a game ?

Hence by simply saying "game", you would NOT be removing mmos from the catagory .

Hence i did.By being more specific.

• thomas8thomas8 Member Posts: 5
    god i HOPE thats true! when i read that article in EGM i started jumping around i was so happy lol

a KOTOR mmo would be SICK.

since SWG is withering away i really feel the need for a good SW mmo to come out... and who better to do it than BIOWARE with their key franchise??
  • KoolaiderKoolaider Member Posts: 450
    I'm pretty sure that Obsidean is doing the KotOR thing now. I know they've been after Lucasarts to do the third once since 2004, but they're being their normal selves and not saying anything.
  • MaeEyeMaeEye Member UncommonPosts: 1,106
    either way, I hope they don't pop out another fantasy base MMo.  If they do though, I hope it's so different than the usual fantasy game. 
    /played-mmorpgs

Total time played: 9125 Days, 21 Hours, 29 Minutes, 27 Seconds
    Time played this level: 39 Days, 1 Hour, 24 Minutes, 5 Seconds

• somonekilwowsomonekilwow Member UncommonPosts: 96

they are making an mmo but its not gonna be kotor

<iframe src="http://www.wowarmory.com/character-model-embed.xml?r=Malorne&cn=Ashkin&rhtml=true"; scrolling="no" height="588" width="321" frameborder="0"></iframe>

• Bane82Bane82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,242

Well with all the evidence that is starting to pour in each week, it seems more and more likely that it will be a reality.