Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Concerned About The Community.

As of now I've noticed that the popularity of this game here on these forums are very low. Why is that?

I for one really like the idea, I'm 21 years old and yea I've noticed the kiddy aspects of the game, but

I've also noticed alot of the fun aspects of the game. This might be more pointed towards the younger audience,

but is that so wrong? For me atleast I think playing a mmorpg it's about giving you alot of fun and a great

experience and from what I've read and seen I really believe there are alot of fun and good aspects to the

game aswell.

People tend to focus on all the negative parts instead of the positive ones, before the game have even

entered closed beta, I used to do so aswell. So many people only focus on the graphics when the game are

in development, instead of actually reading up on what it's really about. Have you never played a game with

horrible graphics that was absolutely nice and really gave ya a great experience? I for one have, plenty of

times to be honest.

I'd honestly like to see how many have in their mind to give this game a try, and really follows in development.

I'm checking for news everyday, and the biggest thing that really concerns me is that there still are no official

forums. This would really help, and you would think a big firm as disney would've put em online a good time

ahead to see the interest for the game, but guess not.

Anyway here's just a link to those of you who might not have seen the insider videos yet. There's some

really nice scenes where you see character creation and such, enjoy, and please drop your opinions and such :)

Insider Videos 1-5:

http://disney.go.com/pirates/online/thegame/video.html

Comments

• JarloJarlo Member Posts: 221

I'm looking at it as  a game I can play with my 12 & 8 year old kids.  I tried playing toontown with them but it was just tooo boring and simple so I'm hoping this fits my family a bit better.  Right now though my 8 year old and I are playing Planetside and he just loves it.  He isn't great but he loves it 8)

This site is mostly for the grizzled MMO veteram (like me).  This game is geared more for young age people who don't play MMO's now.  I'm sure the release will be advertised and tied into the 3rd Pirates movie.

• bluedragon83bluedragon83 Member Posts: 23
    Well I've been playing it for the last couple days and I'm completely inlove with it. I just wish they had bigger worlds and better graphics. That is my biggest complaint. I too am a little concerned with the community. I mean I know it's still in beta but how are we to comunicate with our players and create that sence of comunity? I'm going to be 24 next month and I don't think it's too "kiddy". Caurse the only Mmorpging i've done is the Matrix Online and Star Wars Galaxy. But that's because it seems like all the games out there now are geared towards males....with demons and monsters, Guns and spells. And just over all gore. COME ON gameing develers give us something with story that us girls will like too!!!! But yeah I agree with you....I'm scared about the comunity. After all it's the community that makes these Mmorpg gams so popular.
  • jerksonjerkson Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by bluedragon83

Well I've been playing it for the last couple days and I'm completely inlove with it. I just wish they had bigger worlds and better graphics. That is my biggest complaint. I too am a little concerned with the community. I mean I know it's still in beta but how are we to comunicate with our players and create that sence of comunity? I'm going to be 24 next month and I don't think it's too "kiddy". Caurse the only Mmorpging i've done is the Matrix Online and Star Wars Galaxy. But that's because it seems like all the games out there now are geared towards males....with demons and monsters, Guns and spells. And just over all gore. COME ON gameing develers give us something with story that us girls will like too!!!! But yeah I agree with you....I'm scared about the comunity. After all it's the community that makes these Mmorpg gams so popular.
    You've been playng it for the last couple of days? didn't even know it was in beta

• bluedragon83bluedragon83 Member Posts: 23
    Yeppers Jerkson.....It's been in beta since last thursday.....maybe even wednesday. Anywho I think I left the link to sign up on another thread. but if you haven't seen it it's www.piratesonilne.com/beta

You have to register a seprate account with Disney first then it will let you sign up with beta.
    Originally posted by bluedragon83

Yeppers Jerkson.....It's been in beta since last thursday.....maybe even wednesday. Anywho I think I left the link to sign up on another thread. but if you haven't seen it it's www.piratesonilne.com/beta

You have to register a seprate account with Disney first then it will let you sign up with beta.

Sweet, just checked it, although ya need an beta tester key, which I dont have hehe ;) But I've applied for one now, so hopefully I'll get lucky and recieve one

• **?sephiroth**?sephiroth Member UncommonPosts: 201

I'd almost forgot that I was looking forward to this game when I got my beta key this morning.

Im downloading the client now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by **?sephiroth

I'd almost forgot that I was looking forward to this game when I got my beta key this morning.

Im downloading the client now.

Shame on you!

Send the key my way  ;)

• VexeliusVexelius Member Posts: 7

Well, for what I know, you can Sign up on the official site (https://disney.go.com/pirates/online/index.html), and eventually, receive an invitation to participate on the Beta-Test... I'm not very sure on how the selection works, but it seems that every registered e-mail receives an invitation sooner or later.

However, if you don't want to wait, I can give you my account. I'll be away from my PC for the next week and I haven't seen any term in the EULA or any other part of the website which forbides this!

If you are interested, just send me a PM with the password you want and I'll set it on my account...

• odragonodragon Member Posts: 106
    I have setup a basic website and on my links page it has links to other mmo site forums, perhaps we could collaborate and find a nitch to hang out in?