Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you think day/night weather events add to or take away from game play?

What is generaly your ideas surrounding day/night cycles with in a mmorpg as well as weather happenings? Do you feel it adds a necessairy touch for realism or when night time falls just makes it harder to see ??? ( Just wondering )

Comments

• FifthredFifthred Member Posts: 367
    It is awesome . As far as being able to see at night, it is the best night time environment lighting I've seen. I have a brand new lcd display and Vanguard's night time was pitch black on it, LotrO is Bright and vivid , lots of stars and the moon light just lights up everything beautifully.

I like pie !

• weg886weg886 Member Posts: 318

If there is pvp and no radar on the UI then its great way to hide or hit and run.

I like day and night and weather,  any thing that makes it more real i love it.

But #1 thing a game needs to have real tight programming , i mean if you add 1 point to any skill or armor it should show a diff or its just a wast of time to play the game.

And i dont mean show a diff on your stats i mean show a diff when you hit a mob or get hit.

WWIIOnline The Real War!

• AxsorAxsor Member Posts: 2
    It adds a new element to MMORPG's, wether it be in pvp, or pve...its just a nice thing to see in games nowdays
  • HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

There are 2 different mmorpg worlds for me.....

World #1:

PVE.....Crank it up.  I want weather (snow, thunder and lightning, tornados and hurricanes), day/night cycles, seasons, reflections of the stars in the night sky on a calm lake (except for the ripples from tha fish that just jumped), leaves falling from trees (season appropriate).  I want bugs, shadows and long grass moving in the wind, flocks of bird and single birds.  I want fire that looks like fire (thats a tough one.)  I want it to be as close to RL as possible...no, i take that back...I want it to be better.  I want the characters, NPCs, monsters and fluff creatures to look real.  NO CARTOON LOOKING CRAP.....been seeing that since my TI-99 4a and Comodore 64. 

World#2

PVP....Less is better here, plain and simple.  Get rid of all the weather, foliage, lighting effects, atmospheric effects, fancy bloom and purdy crap.  Basic graphics so as not to slow anything down or potentially obstruct my view.