Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

help me with some questions about DAOC

ok  i havea few Qs about DAOC.....is it a point and click system like SB??  can u make ur own towns or out post and siege the other relms?  do u control the siege stuff that umake??? can some one explainthe rvr to me and all the otehr features to me........should i get this game or wait for another one that i s coming aout soon???

Comments

• JolephJoleph Member Posts: 31

i dont know if i can explain it all but rvr is where your relm and other relms fight each other (i got into it as soon as i reach the min lvl requirement and wasted a month doing that and nothing else)

you can make seige equipment and use it in rvr which is also pretty cool if you have a big battle going on but watch out the other relms can take them over ( i told them to guard me but they all went into battle i died they took it over and used it on us instead man talk about putting it to close to our keep)

i really enjoyed the classes they have on this game it give you a variety of races too. you have 3 realms each with half a dozen races and half a dozen classes so the choices are endless

i personaly would say purchase it or if you can find a friend who has loads of cash trick him into buying then try it and decide for yourself.

"He who looks for his inner self finds MMORPG.Com" Confucius's Mentor

• KoltraneKoltrane Member UncommonPosts: 1,049

The interface is similar to EverQuest, i.e. you select a tagrget and then attack, imtermittently adding combat styles or different spells depending on your class. 

There are no player cities, but large guilds can take responsibility for frontier keeps.  There is a housing area, but it is strictly a bunch of housing lots.  While guildmembers can build several houses together and add things like forges, merchants, etc. it's not really the same as a player run city.

The siege equipment is controllable and expensive, but it works well in RVR assuming the guy running it knows what he's doing image

RvR is a kind of PvP where players battle players from the other two realms.  You are not allowed to chat with members from other realms, so people can't "spy" on their opponent.  In your mid levels (20s and 30s), you have the battlegrounds where you can go fight in a small area to control a center keep.  At 45 and higher you can participate in the frontiers where teams take over large keeps, some of which contain relics.  Each relic a realm controls gives all the players in that realm a boost.

You can get the DAoC Gold package which includes the original game and Shrouded Isles for $10 I think.  It's worth the cost of a couple of Big Macs to see if you like it or not.  You get a free 30day trial with it, so I'd say go for it.  If you don't like it, there are several coming up that are worth looking at, particularly Guild Wars, World of Warcraft, EverQuest 2, and Pirates of the Burning Sea (among many others).

-----
    There are 10 types of people in this world...those who understand binary, and those who don't.

MMORPG.com Staff

-----

Old timer.