Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

whats so cool about the barb side?

jdagjdag Member Posts: 48

i dont want to be a roman and i hear that the barbarian side is dead. tell me why i should play? i've been reading on both forums and i see the romans trying to get people to go on the barbarian side whys that? so they can kill us newbies? i want to fight and not craft but it seems like most people have switched over to a roman because they have the upper hand in combat. if i have to join the roman side just to get better combat and equipment then i wont play this game. why doesn't redbedlam make both sides equal? i know the title is roma victor but why have the barbarian side if you want the roman side to win? most of the screen shots i've seen are roman also. can someone tell me what the barbarians have other than the romans? the romans have it all and i dont want to be a roman.

Comments

• goofy3kgoofy3k Member UncommonPosts: 250

Thats exactly why you should play barbarian, because rome has everything and everyone is roman. Take from them everything...but give to them nothing!! lol. I always play the underdogs..

Playing the free man facing opposition and rule under the empire is a cool setting for me. Non conformaty to the roman hounds!!!

• Zakke87Zakke87 Member Posts: 82
    You should recall the old days, when the freemen ruled the border and slew Romans in dozens every day. The free side is far from dead yet, just a bit underpoulated. :)
  • ImpacatusImpacatus Member Posts: 436

Freemen have two main advantages:

1.  They have access to the full game as soon as they leave attending.  Romans have to go through the long process of attaining citizenship before they can run guilds or towns.

2.  The freeman towns are free-for-all open pvp.  Freemen can fight anyone, anywhere.  Romans cannot attack other Romans in Roman towns.  This can be an advantage or disadvantage, depending on your perspective.

If you're building an mmorpg, or if you'd like to share ideas or talk about this industry, visit Multiplayer Worlds.