Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unlockable social emotes

MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

some of the unlockable emotes that we know of at the moment

Social Accomplishments that Yield Emotes:

* Fire-Breather: If you recieve 100 cheers you get the /firebreath emote. This can only be incremented 5 times per day.

* Hero: If you recieve 100 bows you get the /heropose emote. This can only be incremented 5 times per day.

* Juggler: If you are laughed at 200 times you get the /juggle emote. This can only be incremented 6? times per day.

* Swordsalute: If you are saluted 100 times you get the /swordsalute emote. This can only be incremented 5 times per day.

Social Accomplishments that Yield Titles:

* Adorable: If you are hugged 100 times you recieve the title of "the Adorable". This can only be incremented 5 times per day. (The Devs have temporarily disabled the /hug emote, to work on a new animation for it. Although I like animation improvements, don't ask me why they needed to disable the old one in the mean time.*shrug*)

* Alluring: If you are flirted with 100 times you recieve the title of "the Alluring". This can only be incremented 5 times per day.

* Befuddling: If you are the target of the /confused emote 100 times you recieve the title of "the Befuddling". This can only be incremented 5 times per day.

* Beloved: If you are kissed 100 times you recieve the title of "the Beloved". This can only be incremented 5 times per day.

* Dull: If you targeted by the /bored command 100 times you recieve the title of "the Dull". This can only be incremented 5 times per day.

* Harrassed: If other people beg you 100 times you recieve the title of "the Harrassed". This can only be incremented 5 times per day.

* Helpful: If you are thanked 100 times you recieve the title of "the Helpful". This can only be incremented 5 times per day.

* Infuriating: If are the target of the /angry emote 100 times you recieve the title of "the Infuriating". This can only be incremented 5 times per day.

* Insulted: If a rude gesture is preformed towards you 200 times you recieve the title of "the Insulted". This can only be incremented 6? times per day.

* Intimidating: If people cower before you 40 times you recieve the title of "the Intimidating". This can only be incremented 2 times per day.

* Naughty: If you are scolded by others 100 times you recieve the title of "the Naughty". This can only be incremented 5 times per day.

* Ridiculed: If you are mocked 100 times you recieve the title of "the Naughty". This can only be incremented 5 times per day.

* Victorious: If others surrender to you 40 times you recieve the title of "the Victorious". This can only be incremented 2 times per day.

Comments

• beauxajbeauxaj Member Posts: 245

Ahhh, i always wondered why i kept getting that i couldn't do the "swordsalute" emote....yet.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062
    This kinda social stuff is a wicked feature to an MMORPG.  Good job Turbine hope there's more to come... like 'Deacon The Drunk' hehe

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701
    Originally posted by DeaconX

This kinda social stuff is a wicked feature to an MMORPG.  Good job Turbine hope there's more to come... like 'Deacon The Drunk' hehe

Heh!

Deacon the Drunk - If you are stumbled into by one drunken Deacon 100 times, you begin to stumble drunkenly around for 5 times per day.

HAHAH I love it!  I wish you could get wasted from drinkin booze in a tavern then  your character is all messed for a period of time depending on how well he can handle it - or you fall flat on your face and pass out for a short while and everyone can laugh at you!  Or you GAIN strength and some durability, but you TOTALLY LOSE any abilities of accuracy so you go out stumbling and wildly swinging or misfiring arrows.  Oh the hilarity, are you picturing it?

Or if you got a killer buzz from pipeweed  Like... BLOOM EFFECT goes to 300%

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

HAHAH I love it!  I wish you could get wasted from drinkin booze in a tavern then  your character is all messed for a period of time depending on how well he can handle it - or you fall flat on your face and pass out for a short while and everyone can laugh at you!  Or you GAIN strength and some durability, but you TOTALLY LOSE any abilities of accuracy so you go out stumbling and wildly swinging or misfiring arrows.  Oh the hilarity, are you picturing it?

LOL! Yeah!

I played Neocron (back when it first released) and I loved the effects that getting drunk would have.... you;d get so drunk that you'd get all fish eyed and the world would get all disoriented and you'd get to the point where you actually crawled around, lol

I loved it! :)

I spent many a drunken night in EQ1 as well, Halflings in Misty Thicket started looking real good around the 7th or 8th flagon of ale :)

Originally posted by Mithrandolir

LOL! Yeah!

I played Neocron (back when it first released) and I loved the effects that getting drunk would have.... you;d get so drunk that you'd get all fish eyed and the world would get all disoriented and you'd get to the point where you actually crawled around, lol

I loved it! :)

I spent many a drunken night in EQ1 as well, Halflings in Misty Thicket started looking real good around the 7th or 8th flagon of ale :)

I actually burst out in laughter, after reading "you'd get to the point where you actually craweled around".  Just picturing walking around and seeing some DRUNK player crawling around outside would have me falling out of my chair!  But I'm part Irish so.. I'd support him in his chemical adventure.

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

A good April's Fools Joke. Cause that's what it is, right?

Originally posted by Godliest

A good April's Fools Joke. Cause that's what it is, right?

No, this has been this way for a while. It's real.

• BbobooBboboo Member Posts: 9
    This type creative thinking alone will make me play an MMO.
    Originally posted by Bboboo

This type creative thinking alone will make me play an MMO.

Second that.  These little things add up and all make the community enjoy themselves with the game even more, giving many small goals to achieve and unlock.

• psyconiuspsyconius Member Posts: 272
    I am semi-bumping this to let more people know about it :)

I love it.. Some people are irritated that it just gives people even more reason to spam emotes... I have fun with it :) 

Also, a shameless plug for my fledgling site.. check out my latest blog for some funny emote goofing off.

--
    psyconius Cthulhu
    Gothika Studios

I find myself using emotes all the time due to role playing.  I also love 'natural reaction emotes' like when you ask someone a question so the characters kinda /shrug hehe.

• KeoghKeogh Member Posts: 1,099

* Fire-Breather: If you recieve 100 cheers you get the /firebreath emote. This can only be incremented 5 times per day.

* Hero: If you recieve 100 bows you get the /heropose emote. This can only be incremented 5 times per day.

* Juggler: If you are laughed at 200 times you get the /juggle emote. This can only be incremented 6? times per day.

* Swordsalute: If you are saluted 100 times you get the /swordsalute emote. This can only be incremented 5 times per day.

* Adorable: If you are hugged 100 times you recieve the title of "the Adorable". This can only be incremented 5 times per day. (The Devs have temporarily disabled the /hug emote, to work on a new animation for it. Although I like animation improvements, don't ask me why they needed to disable the old one in the mean time.*shrug*)

* Alluring: If you are flirted with 100 times you recieve the title of "the Alluring". This can only be incremented 5 times per day.

* Befuddling: If you are the target of the /confused emote 100 times you recieve the title of "the Befuddling". This can only be incremented 5 times per day.

* Beloved: If you are kissed 100 times you recieve the title of "the Beloved". This can only be incremented 5 times per day.

* Dull: If you targeted by the /bored command 100 times you recieve the title of "the Dull". This can only be incremented 5 times per day.

* Harrassed: If other people beg you 100 times you recieve the title of "the Harrassed". This can only be incremented 5 times per day.

* Helpful: If you are thanked 100 times you recieve the title of "the Helpful". This can only be incremented 5 times per day.

* Infuriating: If are the target of the /angry emote 100 times you recieve the title of "the Infuriating". This can only be incremented 5 times per day.

* Insulted: If a rude gesture is preformed towards you 200 times you recieve the title of "the Insulted". This can only be incremented 6? times per day.

* Intimidating: If people cower before you 40 times you recieve the title of "the Intimidating". This can only be incremented 2 times per day.

* Naughty: If you are scolded by others 100 times you recieve the title of "the Naughty". This can only be incremented 5 times per day.

* Ridiculed: If you are mocked 100 times you recieve the title of "the Naughty". This can only be incremented 5 times per day.

* Victorious: If others surrender to you 40 times you recieve the title of "the Victorious". This can only be incremented 2 times per day.

These social emote rewards have been disabled and are no longer being earned in-game.

"Don't corpse-camp that idea. Its never gonna rez"
    Bladezz (The Guild)

Originally posted by Keogh

These social emote rewards have been disabled and are no longer being earned in-game.

Do you have a link to this announcement?  Wonder why they would do that... maybe it's like the weather effects which have been shut off to be reworked and re-implemented once they're optimized...