Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is this game still populated?

BrognanBrognan Member Posts: 78
I was curious if people still play the game or not, me and a friend wanted to play this..but we are debating

Comments

• EllyrionEllyrion Member Posts: 193
    Originally posted by Brognan

I was curious if people still play the game or not, me and a friend wanted to play this..but we are debating

Yes, with the following caveats - Link to another thread. Same question asked differently.

Regards,

Ellyrion Fiallathandriel

7X Eva's Templar

Kain

• JukanJukan Member UncommonPosts: 325
    Yes, lots of people still play L2.
  • TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905
    Originally posted by seanfar11

many people still play lineage2, but it may cost you much money.
    In lineage2, if you want to be powerful and gain more fun, you will need more adena to buy weapons or others, but adena farmed by yourself wont meet the big demand. my friends playing lineage2 all buy adena or leveling services from adena sellers, like XXXXXX

Not cool,  you listed the RMT company mate. Whatever you were trying to say is incorrect and you are promoting an RMT site.

Bye bye...........

• alyndalealyndale Member UncommonPosts: 936
    Originally posted by Jukan

Anyone know of a way that server population can be monitored?   My guess is most likely...no...

I question that server population is as high as it was in 2004...

Time is relentless...  

All I want is the truth
    Just gimme some truth
    John Lennon

• nofx11nofx11 Member Posts: 44
    I just started again ( I had tried it for like 30 seconds several years ago).  Bartz seems to be pretty populated.  Last nite in the starter zones there were about 10 starting characters that seemed to be my equipment level.  I cant say it was like it was 2 years ago, but not bad for an older game.
    Originally posted by alyndale

Anyone know of a way that server population can be monitored?   My guess is most likely...no...

Time is relentless...  

Actually NCSoft reported that L2 broke 105k subs last November. The game has had slow and steady growth since launch. It is an older game so the bulk of the player population is higher levels and the starter areas tend to be a bit empty. When I played, you really didn't start running to a ton of people until you got to the town of Dion.

I posted the NCSoft Q4 report here about a month back. I'll see if I can dig up the link when I get home. NCSoft also claims that they have banned over 100,000 bots in North America alone. See the interview here on this site under L2 news.

All in all, L2 is healthy and growing.

• alyndalealyndale Member UncommonPosts: 936
    Originally posted by Torak

Time is relentless...  

Actually NCSoft reported that L2 broke 105k subs last November. The game has had slow and steady growth since launch. It is an older game so the bulk of the player population is higher levels and the starter areas tend to be a bit empty. When I played, you really didn't start running to a ton of people until you got to the town of Dion.

I posted the NCSoft Q4 report here about a month back. I'll see if I can dig up the link when I get home. NCSoft also claims that they have banned over 100,000 bots in North America alone. See the interview here on this site under L2 news.

Yes I read that article as well, how many of those 105K subs are from the US vs the Asian market?

All I want is the truth
    Just gimme some truth
    John Lennon

Originally posted by Torak

Time is relentless...  

Yes I read that article as well, how many of those 105K subs are from the US vs the Asian market?

How do you mean?

Asian servers are different depending what country you are talking about and blocked from the U.S./EU (of course farmers use proxy servers like in all other games that block them if that is what you are getting at)  There are something like 1.4 million Subs in Asia not including NA/EU.

I guess I can't answer your skeptism. If you seek negitive in anything and everything you will always, without fail,  find it.

Like I said, NCSoft post their total server populations and any/all info you can think of I will edit later with a link.

link

here