Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW and my opinion

As a beta tester of WoW, as a True MMORPG gamer, as someone who has played RPG's up the yingyang... I'm starting this topic for all those who were just like me, for so many months...

I began WoW, as a hardcore gamer, joining the best guilds, ect.

IT WAS GREAT.

Im not going to give everyone my history, I've been everywhere in WoW but all the PvE instances, which is the same old thing.

What I am going to tell you is, its not worth it, it will suck your time away...

Now im not hating on WoW, if you just started, stick with it, good game.

What I am doing is trying to get those 500k people who play the game, get attuned with instances, but just are not having that much fun.

500K may sound like alot or a little, but the true is, alot of people who play WoW just play it because theres nothing else there...

I speak for all the 2 year WoW vets out there....All the good, fun, solid beginning players are gone...Do you know why?

Because this game is Solid, but it gets so pointless you want to pull out your hairs.

Blizzard wants your money, no question about it, they fix classes, make instances smaller, fix this and that, or change this or that...

But in the end, you will spend hours, no no no, DAYS geting attuned just to enter instances, its extremely boring and horrible that they make players do that.  And for what?  more gear that was spose to fix the so called gear curve but just made it worse.  To PvP that is extremely bad, shadowbane, guild wars, COH/COV, DAOC, all those games have better PvP, its just sad so many people waste there time.  Such as my friend who got "Grand Marshall" but to what?  change the system so noobs can get it, and to "help" change the gear curve.

I loved wow, i really did.   As of now i dont want to go back, but whats bringing me back?  Friends

that is it.

And i know im not the only one, but to all those who were in the spot, quit, and play another game, ill help you find one...

or just do something else, WoW is not worth it

Its just not.

Comments

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

Blizzard owns the game. They decide how it's gonna be like.

Accept it or leave it - and pls, the "wow whining choir" is large enough here as it is.

• allenjwallenjw Member Posts: 14
    Im not going to accept good games going down the drain due to people like me preventing more to just jump on the bandwagon and play WoW.

My post isn't for the people to start WoW, its for the people who have been playing it, and are pretty experienced.  I'm just trying to help them realize.

Well, as Warlock 70 and Hunter 49 as my highest lvls, am I experienced enough?

To me, this is just another whine thread, nothing else. And with 8.5 mill paying customers, nothing suggests that this game is going down anytime soon.

• SWGLoverSWGLover Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 539
    Originally posted by allenjw

Im not going to accept good games going down the drain due to people like me preventing more to just jump on the bandwagon and play WoW.

My post isn't for the people to start WoW, its for the people who have been playing it, and are pretty experienced.  I'm just trying to help them realize.

You might as well accept it - your posts are not going to have any effect on what game *anybody* plays.

Lol, ya that may be true..

Numbers mean the game is good.

Numbers don't mean the game is great.

Attunements, 60-70, more of a gear curve, no new classes, no housing, nothing new to the market, and i mean NOTHING.
  • tapeworm00tapeworm00 Member Posts: 549
    Numbers only mean a lot of people play it
  • saniceksanicek Member UncommonPosts: 368
    Number of customers tells nothing about actual quality of product. It tells a lot about marketing (in all aspects) success of the company. WoW is among MMORPGs what M$ is on software market, Nokia on cellphone, etc. Strong marketing along with product designed to be usable also by total incompetents, aiming for the mindless masses that dont have a clue and dont know any better.

Subscribtions: EVE, SWTOR WOW, WAR, DDO, VG, AOC, COV, FFXI, GW, RFO, Aion
    +plenty of F2P, betas, trials

Female Dwarf player: WOW, VG, WAR, DDO
    Due to the recent economic crisis and spending cuts the light at the end of the tunnel was turned off. Sincerely, God.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Realize? are you kidding me? Do you think someone needs to "Realize" they are having or not having any fun? Do you think your post even has the slightest effect on someone playing the game?

But go ahead.

Find me an MMORPG of which the endgame is not repetive, I am not intrested in PVP.
    Originally posted by sanicek

Number of customers tells nothing about actual quality of product. It tells a lot about marketing (in all aspects) success of the company. WoW is among MMORPGs what M$ is on software market, Nokia on cellphone, etc. Strong marketing along with product designed to be usable also by total incompetents, aiming for the mindless masses that dont have a clue and dont know any better.

This combined with allenjw's comments here is pure bs. I'm one of the paying customers. I've tried several MMORPGs, both before and after I started playing WoW. Still I like WoW. You can argue how much you want about YOUR opinons, wheather it's about marketing, game quality, etc. For ppl like ME that doesn't change anything - I'm a satisfied customer and for me WoW IS quality.

You may hate WoW as much as you like - you have the right to make up your own mind about it. But don't claim players like myself "don't have a clue and don't know any better" - we know exactly what's out there, and we chose a game we're satisfied with.

If you like raiding for a extended period of time.  Getting ready for the ability to enter an instance(Attunements) that lasts over 2 days /played.  Your playing the right game.

I dont think i even need to mention the other side of the tracks...

And as for 8.5mil players, that doesnt show how good he game is.  It's a good game, don't get me wrong, but its OVERRATED, no matter what the world says.(not an opinion, its a fact)

If you like raiding for a extended period of time.  Getting ready for the ability to enter an instance(Attunements) that lasts over 2 days /played.  Your playing the right game.

I dont think i even need to mention the other side of the tracks...

And as for 8.5mil players, that doesnt show how good he game is.  It's a good game, don't get me wrong, but its OVERRATED, no matter what the world says.(not an opinion, its a fact)
    Go ahead, show me the source of that fact.
    Stormreaver leader of Impervious Crizack.

Look up the guild, look up the Leader.

It takes that long to get attuned with the new instances(not karazhan)

You sir, must still be on The Horsemen.
    Can't find anything. also, I'd still like to have that source that WoW is overrate, since you said it was a fact, you should be able to back it up with something other then oppinions, no?
  • CiredricCiredric Member Posts: 723

All you will get on this post is the Wow fanboys flaming you.

They can't see that the new expansion is even a worse time sink than the original.

The devs at Blizzard are trying to out EQ Wow. 

They are so blinded, they cannot see it is just EQ with a different face.  The really odd thing is the vast majority don't raid and nothing else to do at the endgame.  True the expansion did add more instances, oh right they aren't instance because they respawn, so blizzstances then.  Give them to mid summer and you most will be looking for something else. 

Watch when all the games come out this fall and no new Wow expansion, the rats will be fleeing the leaking ship.

Amen
    Nobody is flaming anybody here. the only one who is flamming is, you calling people "fanboys" and saying they are blinded, assuming they have the same oppinion as you do.

All the games this fall? Please, if I got a dollar for each time someone said [insert game(s)] is going to totally going to destory [insert game], and it didn't actually happen, I would quit my job.

Now, about that evidence, Allen?
  • Chudster91Chudster91 Member Posts: 19
    agreed with the whole rats/sinking ship thing. As soon as I find another mmo i like im switching. Expansion really ruined the game for for as soon as i got to 70 i got that exact same feeling i did at 60, i was bored untill raid day otherwise nothing to do. Except before i had the expansion to look forward to now there is no point. Not sure what i'm going to go to next, a lot of my guildies who i really enjoy playing with are gonna go to warhammer online, but thats not gonna be out for a bit so in the mean time not sure what ill do
    Why don't you children just leave WoW behind and move on? What always both amuses and annoys me with WoW haters, is that they use more time on the game than us who loves it.
    http://impervious-guild.com/  <--- the best of the best

Top 5 World Guild.

Ask them for yourself how long it takes to get attuned, since i must be all bologna.

And for the Fact, look at the players who play wow, and ask 95% of them when did they start playing? before or after there friends or tv said it was awesome.

www.google.com  you can do the rest

http://impervious-guild.com/  <--- the best of the best

Top 5 World Guild.

Ask them for yourself how long it takes to get attuned, since i must be all bologna.

And for the Fact, look at the players who play wow, and ask 95% of them when did they start playing? before or after there friends or tv said it was awesome.

www.google.com  you can do the rest
    So basicly you can't give me any facts? I do not care for your little guild, I wanted evidence that WoW is really overrated as you said it is, and here you say "Do the research for me"? besides that does not mean a game is overrated. if anything, it helps justify that the game is NOT overrated, because the game is being recommended by their friends, who are obviously having a good time.

World of Warcraft received 8, 5 million subscribers.

World of Warcraft is the only mmorpg that has huge success in both the West and the East.

World of Warcraft received  92% score on average:

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/534914.asp?q=World of Warcraft

Only people who think their oppinion = fact will say WoW is overrated. the game is not for you,  or you got tired of playing it (which is completely normal in human nature). get over it.
    Nets, to be honest, its people like you who ruined the game for me.(community wise)

And other guy, i was looking forward to the expansion, my hopes were so high for it, i even got to 70 within month.(2-4weeks if i remember)

And to me, a BETA player of WoW, who knew the bad and the good of the game, before all the people like nets came..The game prior to TBC is better then TBC,.

As for other games, Warhammer will hit WoW like the US hit Japan in WW2.

I DON'T GIVE A FLYING FUK, if you honestly think im wrong, or its my opinion/ect

Will WoW still be Headstrong, and do well...Of course, regardless to what games come out.

And what is that proving? They were right, WoW IS awesome!

Nets, to be honest, its people like you who ruined the game for me.(community wise)

And other guy, i was looking forward to the expansion, my hopes were so high for it, i even got to 70 within month.(2-4weeks if i remember)

And to me, a BETA player of WoW, who knew the bad and the good of the game, before all the people like nets came..The game prior to TBC is better then TBC,.

As for other games, Warhammer will hit WoW like the US hit Japan in WW2.

I DON'T GIVE A FLYING FUK, if you honestly think im wrong, or its my opinion/ect

Will WoW still be Headstrong, and do well...Of course, regardless to what games come out.
    oh, you mean just like Dark of Age of Camelot totally hit Everquest subscribers back in the d...oh no wait, that didn't happen.

I'm part of "bad" WoW community, since I'm talking warmly about WoW!

Your logic is awesome!

• HandorHandor Member Posts: 14

Mr. Hardcore Gamer,

Please cancel your WoW account and switch to Vanguard.  That's the latest flavor of the month for folks who really think they are uber and hardcore.  Or go try out the LOTR beta ...

WoW has always been and continues to be a timesink, 'tis true.  But isn't that what you're looking for in a hobby?  If you need to 'win' then try Single Player RPG's.  Perhaps Guitar Hero would be more satisfying for you?

WoW is great for the casual player, the person wanting to try out an MMORPG, the person with a couple hours to kill.  WoW will feed all the other MMORPG's over time.  WoW is easy to learn, easy to get sucked into, easy to have fun in.

Just this week I talked an old friend from another MMORPG (who hated his online experiences) into trying WoW... and he's loving it.  Barrens chat and all. :)  So make it 8.5 million and one !

Is WoW perfect?  No.  But look at all the time so many posters spent playing -- did Blizzard come through with their end of the deal?  You spent 30-40 hours a week playing, and paid about $4 a week -- that's an awesome investment!  That would be like paying $0.20 to see a movie!  I'd argue that the "fact" so many people play so many hours -- and get so worked up over the game -- is proof that Blizzard hit on an economically viable model.

*shrug*