Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am genuinly impressed

EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

I was very hesitant in getting the preorder from Best Buy today but 9 dollars isnt too bad and the open beta characters will be kept and transferred to the Live Servers.

I am impressed and, at the same time, relieved. Quite honestly, I had thought LotrO was going to be yet another sloppy 3rd rate MMO but I was wrong...so far.

Despite being in beta, I am amazed over the stability of the game. Sure, there are still bugs (obviously....whats the point in a beta if they're isn't).  However, these bugs are so minor I sometimes wonder if it's even worth reporting. 

The graphics are ok.  Feels like WoW a little but right now, I could give a rat's ass over graphics as I am desperately seeking to play a somewhat entertaining MMO.

Glad to see a modern MMO actually working as intended. And coming from Turbine...Im a little speechless. Sorta like seeing SOE donate 30 million dollars to "Feed the Hungry" charity.

....Im beginning to see hope in MMOs again.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

Comments

• WisebutCruelWisebutCruel Member Posts: 1,089
    I have a question. Will the high resolution textures be available for open beta or are they already available?
  • EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384
    Originally posted by WisebutCruel

I have a question. Will the high resolution textures be available for open beta or are they already available?
    you know what...I just logged off. I can log on and let you know in an hour (If I log on, Ill be hooked again LOL)

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

LOL okay, thanks Enigma.
  • virtuellavirtuella Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Originally posted by WisebutCruel

They are allready ingame if you have the preorder DvD.

There is a few shots here.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/123133

This one show the new preorder cloaks.

Saw it on another site.

http://vnmedia.ign.com/lotrovault.ign.com/fms/images/communityscreenshots/98/1175287654_fullres.jpg

Awesome, virtuella. Those shots look great. Heh, my fingers itching to go to the pre-order tab lol.
  • CerionCerion Member Posts: 1,005

I must say I was rather impressed too, and I KNEW what to expect lol.

Even in the heavy traffic areas, with my settings on custom Ultra High (HD textures, but low shadows and lower AF), I was getting acceptable performance.  

I hope others get their issues resolved since I know there are some.

Games I'm watching: Infinity: The Quest for Earth, Force of Arms.

Find the Truth: http://www.factcheck.org/