Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dark and Light: Billing System Changes

Dark and Light plans for a new billing system. Its seems that for now the game is free. This news came from the forums. You can find out more below.

Dark and Light is currently being improved and heavily reorganized. Due to this and several other problems encountered with the billing service, we have decided to stop using this service and to find another partner.

As a direct consequence of this decision, Dark and Light is now totally free, without any kind of restriction, until a more satisfying solution can be set up in the months to come. This is applicable to all accounts that were already created, whatever may be their current subscription type - Master, Freedom, or Discovery.

Due to the termination of this service, any billing or invoicing is of course stopped, including for accounts that were already opened.

A new system of account creation will be set up in the days to come to allow newcomers to also access Dark And Light for free.

The Dark and Light Team.

Read more here.

Comments

• LumsterLumster Member Posts: 230

Oh yea Baby! DnL is getting better and better now, too bad that there are not many players because of all the hatebois trashtalking this great...

...oh who the **** am I kidding. There should be a huge "THIS GAME IS A SCAM" stamp on every DnL image here on this site.

I'd would rather sleep with condi and merkel than playing this piece of ********&%&(%&(******** for 5 minutes.

• WisebutCruelWisebutCruel Member Posts: 1,089
    Is there a reason this POS continues to be promoted here as a viable game?
  • KorususKorusus Member UncommonPosts: 831
    I agree, dump this in the trash along with that Horizons smut.

Seriously, do they think they're fooling anyone with this?  They might as well just end it if they're not even charging.  Are there people still playing Dark and Light? 

The only reason to keep them on the site and in the forums is to warn people what scams they are.

----------
    Life sucks, buy a helmet.

• DeviantCompDeviantComp Member UncommonPosts: 50
    Come on guys.. Youre being too harsh.. Farlan could still turn this one around.. All they need to do is completely re-design the engine, re-do all the sound in game, upgrade all their serv..... hahahahhahahahahahaha...
  • AlienovrlordAlienovrlord Member Posts: 1,525

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*gasp*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ok, got that out of my system.

Now seriously, it's taken Farlan how many MONTHS to finally realize they have a problem and finally change their billing system?  Good job!  That's really reacting to your customer's problems in a timely fashion.

Do they really think there are any people stupid and gullible enough to trust them again after what they've been pulling?

Someone close this dark chapter in the history of MMORPGs.  The sonner it's left behind us all, the better.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by GFulls

Dark and Light plans for a new billing system. Its seems that for now the game is free. This news came from the forums. You can find out more below.

Here's an interesting thought. Instead of reporting minor things that have no legitimate concern for those here on these forums, who all know what a scam DnL is, how about writing a real article on the deplorable actions/activities of "developers" such as Farlan/NPcube(DnL),  LoudAntSoftware (Mourning/Thrones of Chaos), and others that are known to be screwing over investors and gamers alike? Perhaps taking a stand instead of just pretending none of it is happening or ignoring it until it can be swept under the rug, out of sight and mind until the next fiasco.
  • airborne519airborne519 Member Posts: 542
    This game had such potential, but that's what happens when you wait too long to release a half finished game.  Now they can't even give it away.. I imagine there are people playing it,  I wonder if they are brave enough to admit it here... I promise no bashing, just curious how the game is actually going.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by airborne519

This game had such potential, but that's what happens when you wait too long to release a half finished game.  Now they can't even give it away.. I imagine there are people playing it,  I wonder if they are brave enough to admit it here... I promise no bashing, just curious how the game is actually going.
    This is not a simple case of an early release. They fully intended to dupe people with a half-assed game for the money.
  • hadubnanohadubnano Member Posts: 82
    Originally posted by Zorvan

This is not a simple case of an early release. They fully intended to dupe people with a half-assed game for the money.
    Exactly.  And why did they make it free now and elimate the possiblity of ripping off more suckers?  Because the federal authorities probably told them not to accept credit cards anymore or they will go to jail for credit card billing fraud.
  • RobbgobbRobbgobb Member UncommonPosts: 674
    I might go check and look but after all the horror stories that were told about not being able to stop stuff am afraid to give them more info about me than they got a long time ago.
  • RehmesRehmes Member Posts: 600

I personaly dont care if this game is free or still p2p. I wholeheartedly believe there should be some people serving time in a federal prison for this scam. People cancel and still they get charged? Not able to stop this from happening unless you block them? Since when when has ANY service forced people to take these measures?

I think its deplorable to see those people still going to their homes as if nothing happened. I for one am glad they cant even move this game forth as a free game, and i hope that people will stop supporting half-assed games. We as gamers can vote you know, stop paying for games similar t this (many games come to mind but im sure many of you know already). If we are to pay for a game then let that be a complete game not games still in alpha stages or so-called beta. Publishers need to learn to publish completed products or pay with a hefty price.

• faefrostfaefrost Member Posts: 199
    Originally posted by GFulls

Dark and Light is currently being improved and heavily reorganized. Due to this and several other problems encountered with the billing service, we have decided to stop using this service and to find another partner.
    As a direct consequence of this decision, Dark and Light is now totally free, without any kind of restriction, until a more satisfying solution can be set up in the months to come. This is applicable to all accounts that were already created, whatever may be their current subscription type - Master, Freedom, or Discovery.
    Due to the termination of this service, any billing or invoicing is of course stopped, including for accounts that were already opened.
    A new system of account creation will be set up in the days to come to allow newcomers to also access Dark And Light for free.
    The Dark and Light Team.

Read more here.

ROFL!!! In other words there have been so many complaints, fraud complaints and chargebacks that the credit card companies will no longer deal with them and their billing service dropped them. The ONLY reason they would not simply switch to another billing provider is that they cannot do so.

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316
    I'll play the game, but not for free, pay me 15$ per month and i'll play k ?
  • MotorheadMotorhead Member UncommonPosts: 1,193
    Since they're not bringing in any income, I wonder if that means the Pioneers aren't going to receive their long awaited cloth maps.... 

----------------------------------------------
    "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb." -- Batman