Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Newbie Questions

bonobotheorybonobotheory Member UncommonPosts: 1,007
I liked the trial so much, I bought the game. Hell, even if I get tired of it within a month, I'm only out ten bucks (I bought the strategy guide too). So far I'm having a great time driving around and blowing stuff up with my Commando, but I still have some questions:

I'm never satisfied with my weapons - sometimes I think I want big-damage single-target weapons, other times I want spray weapons. I'm considering putting a spray weapon in front (for infantry and obstacles) and a single-target weapon in the turret (for vehicles and heavy targets). Is there any preferred method? Does anybody swear by a certain formula?

Some mission-givers have yellow beams of light instead of white. What's the difference?

What's the current faction balance? From what I've read, it looks like Humans are the highest population, followed by Biomeks, and very, very few mutants. Is that right?

Can I add new hotbars for skills and power-ups?

Comments

• HeLL_SNXHeLL_SNX Member Posts: 239

Well, you know what...I never worried about multilpe or single target weps that much as I was levelling up. Now on my level 80 Agent, I do use a spray wep for infantry. But normally, both my turret and front are single target weps.I think HUmans may actually get a better choice of multi target 'spray' weps.

End of the day, upto you.

My advise: Take advantage of the macro system by making a wep switch macro.

Then you can change your single target to multi and back again with 2 key clicks.

Yellow/white beams tell you the difference between 'essential' missions and 'extra' missions.

I think yellows are not essential.

FActional balance is always swinging depending on the time of day wherever it is you are playing from.

At times it certainly may feel like Meks have more, but HUmans I think are the most populated.

A lot of Mutant players too, but they aren't so rowdy in faction chat.

YOu can't add hotbars, but there are hotbar pages.

Shift + 1/2/3/4/5/6 will also open up hotbar pages.

Hotbars are really useful for making macros.

Then you don't have to switch to hotbar page 6 to activate that consumable you put there whilst driving or in the middle of a fight!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

-QUICK MACRO GUIDE-

1>Drag your item/consumable/wep/armor/s to a hotbar slot/s. BEst to use a different hotbar page like page 2 to page 0.

2>Locate the chat bar and find the red button at the top. CLick it, select EDIT MACROS.

3> select a macro slot. blank it out, delete any text.

TYpe:

/quickbar x1 x2

Explanation:

x1 will be the slot number of the item you want to activate.

x2 will be the page number of the item you want to activate.

4> NAme your macro in the blank box at the top, and drag your macro button to your hotbars first page.

Note: IF you don't have room, you can also set it up so that you can trigger that macro from your keyboard with any key you want,

Goto options menu/controls..then scroll down and find the macro number of the macro you just edited. Enter a new key trigger for it. CLick ACCEPT to save it!

So to switch between your spray turret wep and your single target turret weps that are locate in slots 1 and 2 of quickbar page 2, you would type a macro like this:

/quickbar 1 2

/quickbar 2 2

And thats it.

Now every time yo trigger that macro you will switch between those 2 weps.

Good luck and cya in the wastelands!

WHAT IS AUTO ASSAULT?
    AUTO ASSAULT 14 DAY TRIAL
    "It is the nature of herds that they flock to where there are more of the same not more quality."

• bonobotheorybonobotheory Member UncommonPosts: 1,007
    Perfect!  I've been hooked on spray and AoE weapons for a while. I like to drive into an infantry-infested area of ruins and just level everything.  But if I encounter anything but infantry and light vehicles, anything with decent resists, I have to chase them around while I slowly whittle away at their hit points - my single-shot samage just isn't high enough.

Now I have my macros set, so I can switch between spray weapons, single-target weapons, and a combination of the two. If I see big cars, I can hit F11 and slam a few rockets into them. And I just got my Olympia monster truck, so I'm a happy commando!
  • hyena69hyena69 Member Posts: 16
    Tiny correction. Yellow lights are essential, whites are bonus mission. Otherwise, what Hell said