Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I may be joing, but I need your advice 1st.

MiroudiasMiroudias Member Posts: 8
Hey all.

New player, well, would be, to RF Online.

I'd like to start off by saying that, however, I may be a new player to RF:O, I'm not a new player in general. Take the Game List on this site and about double it and you'll have my exp. of games played.

Here's my questions:

- Gamespot.com gave the game, along w/ it's users as well, a 6.5 or so. Is the game THAT bad or are they just anal? (The users gave it a mediocre 7.5 or so.)

- Is this game a grindfest or is there more to it? The Wiki appears to show hardly any quests.

- I'm leaning toward the robot "A" race, but a Ranger, leaning toward a Striker in the end. OR a Bellato Ranger, leaning toward Hidden Soldier at 40. My question is, are these good choices? Which would you take over the other? It seems that the Striker has the most plain out burst damage over DPS. True?

- How many servers does the game currently have to choose from?

Thanks for your .02 cents.

-Jason.

Comments

• SunriderSunrider Member UncommonPosts: 527

Originally posted by Miroudias
    Hey all.New player, well, would be, to RF Online.I'd like to start off by saying that, however, I may be a new player to RF:O, I'm not a new player in general. Take the Game List on this site and about double it and you'll have my exp. of games played.Here's my questions:- Gamespot.com gave the game, along w/ it's users as well, a 6.5 or so. Is the game THAT bad or are they just anal? (The users gave it a mediocre 7.5 or so.) Well if you're a hardcore gammer or whatever it is you should know that the reviews often have some biast towards them and you should try the stuff yourself or ask around. This aside, RF Online is a decent game. I use the word "decent" lightly. All the armors for each level are the same so you'll always look like everyone else of your race. The same can be said about weapons. Even ones that have special, better stats. All the enemies you'll face in the game from level 1-50 or whatever the level cap is are the same ones with new colors. The world is linear with little depth although the colors are done well. Everything cost WAY too much money. You'll never be able to aford anything unless you have a second account constantly mining. If you dont... you better start beating on creatures with a farm team to try and make some scratch. The money is strictly used for buying potions because that way you can go and have a potion poping contest with someone of the same level of another race where you'll both burn your potions and effectivly your money without ever, ever, killing eachother. Warrior vs. Caster, you'll both still live as long as your potions last... good luck, most people of PvP level carry close to 500potions.
    - Is this game a grindfest or is there more to it? The Wiki appears to show hardly any quests.Heh. If you're looking for quest and storylines, you better go and look for something else. This game has "GRIND" all over it in big bold red letters. Not only is it a horrible grind to level past 30, but then you have a "PT" grind. A "PT" girnd is the gring for you to be able to use other weapons and abilities with those weapons. Say you're a warrior but you want to use ranger armor because it has resitances to the elements in it... well you better get use to killing things slower then anything with a weapon you're not classed for... it takes FOREVER. - I'm leaning toward the robot "A" race, but a Ranger, leaning toward a Striker in the end. OR a Bellato Ranger, leaning toward Hidden Soldier at 40. My question is, are these good choices? Which would you take over the other? It seems that the Striker has the most plain out burst damage over DPS. True?I was a bezerker warrior for the bellato. I kicked ass. A lot of it. But what it all comes down to is what you want to do. There is NO, i repeat NO healing class in this game so everything does damage. It just depends on if you want to be in the middle of the action with heavier armor or in the back blasting the hell outta people.
    - How many servers does the game currently have to choose from?One. You make your own conclusions about the game from thereThanks for your .02 cents.-Jason.

(you have to ask me about race balance next! Oh thats a fun rant!!)

"And after blizzard takes over the world, they are gonna gather a bunch of lemmings, sit on their fat asses near a cliff, and watch the little fuzzy bastards suicide dive into the ground below. . . . . all just for their own entertainment."

• SanicSanic Member Posts: 10

Well said.