Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars: Wiki Web Site Opens

Guild Wars officially opens Guild Wars Wiki. Now you have a source for loads of information about the game.

After a few weeks of early preparation, we're now eager to throw open the doors of the official Guild Wars Wiki. We invite you to join the GWW community and help us create a wonderful resource for Guild Wars players--now and into the future. Set up a user page. Edit an article. Create a new skin or upload images to flesh out one of the articles. Whatever your level of expertise, you have a contribution to make on the GWW! And if you'd rather simply use the GWW as a resource, you're very welcome, too. Dive into the Guild Wars Wiki through the main page, found here.

Read more here.

Comments

• DrafellDrafell Member Posts: 588

It is a good move, but it has a long way to go to catch up to guildwiki, and it also blatantly takes some of the material form there even if it has been superficially rewritten

• GregPorterGregPorter Member Posts: 38
    I was thinking about this when I first read the post. I don't know whether or not to feel bad for Guildwiki because of Anet's competition. Although they have a giant head start, Anet made the information so they have a bigger source.
  • QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795
    At least it will be easier for them to make official wiki for GW2.
  • JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Originally posted by GregPorter
    I was thinking about this when I first read the post. I don't know whether or not to feel bad for Guildwiki because of Anet's competition. Although they have a giant head start, Anet made the information so they have a bigger source.
    ArenaNet asked the admins from the bigger wiki:s if they wanted to join & moderate the official one.
    The problem with the non-official wikis is the bandwidth; they are not allowed to take donations to help out with the costs nor make any profit on the wiki (you can read it at the bottom as "Content is available under Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike.").
  • UploadUpload Member Posts: 679
    Does it have any use to open a forum that already exists?