Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am tired of this hating goin on

Oprah2Oprah2 Member Posts: 118

I have seen about 500 posts on here about people complaining about Guild Wars. People are saying its community is bad or it shouldn't be on this website. They say people that play Guild Wars are little immature kids but I think they are acting like kids because they are complaining.  Please guys stop posting if you don't like guild wars don't play because a lot of us enjoy this game and any of you are gonna reply please make it meaningful and back it up. All I want is peace brother.

Comments

• HensenLirosHensenLiros Member Posts: 461

Guild Wars sold 1 million copies during last September.

So I mean.. As you know it's obvious that most GW players don't use this forum. Nobody to defend the game, open path to haters.

Ultima Online 98~04
    Dark Age of Camelot 03~07
    Final Fantasy XI 04~06
    Guild Wars 05~08
    World of Warcraft 04~05
    Unsuccessful Tries: DFO/EQ2/DRaja/Rag/Req/RYL/9D/Cabal/KO/PSU/RF/GE/TO/TR/DDO/EVE/LoTRO/L2/RZ/SWG/VG

• RPGnubRPGnub Member Posts: 96
    Well complaining about this isn't really worth it in my opinion.

The trolls will keep coming and people will keep bickering.

Just ignore them or join in if you feel like arguing but it's not like these people

are actually capable of causing any real damage to the game's popularity.

Hell if trolls really made a difference then WoW for instance would have been shut down long ago.
  • AkaraxleAkaraxle Member UncommonPosts: 471

Originally posted by Oprah2
    I have seen about 500 posts on here about people complaining about Guild Wars.
    And 90% of those are from people that have never played it, or abandoned it after a mere 1-2 weeks!

• timmy2shoestimmy2shoes Member Posts: 13
    The reason for all the complaining is simple. Whenever a game reaches to the number 1 spot on the top 10 the haters come out in groves.
  • QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Originally posted by timmy2shoes

The reason for all the complaining is simple. Whenever a game reaches to the number 1 spot on the top 10 the haters come out in groves.
    QFT!

The more successful game the more haters come to bash it.. =]

But remember that ppl bash every game here.. check wow, eq2, L2 forums.. you will see trolls everywhere =]
  • VGJusticeVGJustice Member Posts: 640

Droves. Droves, not groves >.<

And qft.

--~~--
    Play Guild Wars? Go here - http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Main_Page
    And go here for the new official Guild Wars Wiki! http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Main_Page

• TyrranosaurTyrranosaur Member UncommonPosts: 284
    I could care less about the community. I love Guild Wars, and I've never let the odd night when it seems like Toga Party Central is going on in the middle of <insert city here>. On those nights I just grab a bunch of bots and have at it. There are plenty of good and fun people playing on Guild Wars. And flakes, too.....but oh well, all MMOs have them

Current MMOs: Rift, GW2, Defiance
    Blog: http://realmsofchirak.blogspot.com (old school tabletop gaming and more)

• TyrranosaurTyrranosaur Member UncommonPosts: 284
    Originally posted by VGJustice

Droves. Droves, not groves >.<

And qft.

No, no it's true...trolls and haters emerge from long groves on troll farms, although they tend to come off the vine a bit over-ripe (i.e. sour, heh heh).

Current MMOs: Rift, GW2, Defiance
    Blog: http://realmsofchirak.blogspot.com (old school tabletop gaming and more)

• vajurasvajuras Member Posts: 2,860

Yeah you should just ignore those trolls you will always encounter people that have different opinions. I find it interesting how the trolls got Nightfall and Factions yanked off the top 10 list but yet City of Heroes/ Villains are still allowed to both be on the top 10. Pretty unfair if you ask me. They should yank down City of Villains as well to make it fair.

• ASmith84ASmith84 Member Posts: 979

look at it this way.  if someone has time to talk bad about a game all the time they must have no life whatsoever and thats really sad.  if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all. 

anyways i play this game and it is really good. people who dont like it must not have a social life and like to spend countless hours on a game.  this game doesnt take that long to beat.  it takes about a month or 2 while in other games your not even halfway done yet.  plus this game has the best pvp so far.  i guess some people dont like pvp. 

• JoriJori Member Posts: 130
    Be aware that a pacifist is like a beacon to a warmonger. Where there is love there will always be hate. That aside, I have no problem with the childish chatter that goes on in the game. My only problem is that my ignore list is full. I wish I had more space. The last name I added was Silver Poopoo and that was ages ago. I agree that not everyone is a child on the game. People of all walks of life inhabit the game.
  • lx300lx300 Member Posts: 9

AMEN brother

im like anyother mmorpg player, with a 280g of memory and 4g of ram

• exanimoexanimo Member UncommonPosts: 1,301

Originally posted by Jori
    Be aware that a pacifist is like a beacon to a warmonger. Where there is love there will always be hate. That aside, I have no problem with the childish chatter that goes on in the game. My only problem is that my ignore list is full. I wish I had more space. The last name I added was Silver Poopoo and that was ages ago. I agree that not everyone is a child on the game. People of all walks of life inhabit the game.

the way i use ignore list is more on the fly , since guildwars as so many players , its almost impossible that you will find the same player again , so i use ignore list when i need it , after im gone from that town or disctrict , i clean it.

I LOVE GUILDWARS

• I never had to use my ignore list ever (thanks god for that). I never liked the idea with completely block people  from communicating with ya. Mostly I can talk me out of problem (if there is any), its can just take a very very long time with some people. But I can understand that some ppl just wanna play and dont wanna be brother some ppl. Discrimination is a bad thing and sometime I also a victim for that, but then I just silient as grave and dont response to them and ignore them in that why, but not putting them on my ignore list, just ignore them in my head, cos if one day they are sorry they just say. Some time there is case like that a person wanna say sorry to ya and cant because they are on ya list.

There should be a chance for forgives,

• Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428
    GWEN coming out soon, I still find it hard to believe they'll have stuff harder than end of nightfall! :O

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.

• Yea, but im still not done with Nightfall yet
  • exanimoexanimo Member UncommonPosts: 1,301

Originally posted by Man1ac
    GWEN coming out soon, I still find it hard to believe they'll have stuff harder than end of nightfall! :O

ohh i cant wait , i hope everything in gwen is like doa.

doa makes everything else in all chapters feel like presearing , even the so called elite areas like , fow/uw/sorrow furnace/urgoz/deep , compared to doa are ridiculus easy.

• Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428
    Originally posted by Battlekruse

Yea, but im still not done with Nightfall yet
    I haven't completed Factions or nightfall but I've had some large periods without net but I'll spend this summer sorting that out

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.