Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fianl fantasy going to the 360?

LordSlaterLordSlater Member Posts: 2,087

http://www.vgcharts.org/news/news.php?id=197

Well if so should uppset some Playstation fans and please some of you 360 lovers.

Comments

• KorususKorusus Member UncommonPosts: 831
    It's really not any different than when Capcom switched Resident Evil from Sony to Nintendo. 

"Exclusive" titles are nothing but gimmicks in this day in age.  90% of the time they end up on every other console it can 6 months down the road anyway.

And I wouldn't exactly be sad to see Square-Enix go...they've really been slipping lately, and I say that as a long time Final Fantasy fan that didn't enjoy FFXII.

----------
    Life sucks, buy a helmet.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by Korusus

It's really not any different than when Capcom switched Resident Evil from Sony to Nintendo. 

"Exclusive" titles are nothing but gimmicks in this day in age.  90% of the time they end up on every other console it can 6 months down the road anyway.

And I wouldn't exactly be sad to see Square-Enix go...they've really been slipping lately, and I say that as a long time Final Fantasy fan that didn't enjoy FFXII.
    Unfortunatly, I have to agree there. I didn't enjoy FFXII that much either. FF11 was Everquest with a Final Fantasy Theme slapped on it, FFX-2 was pretty good, but I'm sure I would have liked it a lot more if they didn't make it a "Girl power" game. Now, Final Fantasy X was brilliant. absolutely brilliant, the amount of work put into the story, the world and the characters is simply amazing.

I'm glad FF13 is going back to Sci - Fi. Final Fantasy 7 and Final Fantasy 8 are my favorites because they took place in a present day - sci-fi setting.
  • XzaroXzaro Member UncommonPosts: 1,719
    I don't know what Sony is thinking if they let both GTA and Final Fantasy go to the Xbox360. Seems they are too far up their own rectum.

• Keebs1984Keebs1984 Member Posts: 1,356
    Originally posted by Xzaro

I don't know what Sony is thinking if they let both GTA and Final Fantasy go to the Xbox360. Seems they are too far up their own rectum.
    They may not have a choice in the matter.

Square may want to go multiplatform for more reasons than just simply money, or at least the money to be made by FFXIII. They may be looking to the future at the revenues made possible by building a relationship with Microsoft and hence forth release all their main titles as multiplatform, which would make them WAY more money than Sony could ever pony up to keep all their games Sony exclusives (barring the occasional DS and Wii games).

Microsoft is currently publishing a game Sylpheed something, yet another ominous sign that Square and Microsoft are getting all buddy-buddy.

However, in conclusion, there really is nothing to report other than mere rumours so far. I hate to say it but only time will tell if the rumours come to fruition or not.

Eternally mine,
    Keebs

The MMO gaming blog I write for.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718
    Originally posted by Gameloading

Originally posted by Korusus

Unfortunatly, I have to agree there. I didn't enjoy FFXII that much either. FF11 was Everquest with a Final Fantasy Theme slapped on it, FFX-2 was pretty good, but I'm sure I would have liked it a lot more if they didn't make it a "Girl power" game.  My little cousin (13 year old female), brought the game, becuase of that and never really played an RPG before so yeah, I'd have to call that a gimmick in a way too.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos