Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Theres nothing wrong with WoW

Comments

• FoodoolawsFoodoolaws Member Posts: 212
    First the new races ruined WOW for example bloodelves EVERY One made a bloodelf on newer starting out servers. So many bloodelves there were literally no wars or shamans. So we had no tanks or a great hybrid class for parties. If a new class came in how many people would stop playing all the original classes just to play that new class? Now it would be nice if blizz added a 4th teir to talent slots. A new class or race isnt needed it just offsets everything.

In blizzards eye it made the revolution. EVery one wants to be like WoW, everyone compares their mmorpg to WoW, even though you may think WoW did nothing revolutionary it already started a revolution, so the only thing to do is to improve on the revolution and i think their xpac was a nice start.
  • KnightblastKnightblast Member UncommonPosts: 1,787
    Originally posted by gstla

Originally posted by Cyperspawn

well it sort seems to me that I heard this before there will always at some point be a next great game that some one loves and some one hates, i sort of some to the point that there is no good mmorpg, it all waste of time and money, but thats just my point, I come here at mmorpg to read the comic, cheers guys cya in 2-3 years then the next great game comes
    Someone who understands, prepare to be barraged by those who:

1. Unable to predict time spent gaming.

2. Can't control gaming for an extended period of time.

3. Sense of Euphoria while playing.

4. Craving more game time.

5. Neglecting family and friends.

6. Restless, irritable or discontent when not gaming.

7. Lying about your gaming.

8. Experiencing problems with school or job performance.

9. Feeling guilt, shame, anxiety or depression

resulting from gaming.

10. Changing sleep patterns.

11. Health issues: Carpel tunnel, eye strain,

weight change, back ache, sore neck, arms

12. Denying, rationalizing and minimizing bad consequences

of gaming.

13. Withdrawing from real life hobbies.

14. Eating more and more meals at the computer while gaming.

15. Increased free time surfing game-related websites

16. Constant conversation with uninterested friends/family/partner about the game.

17. Attempts to get friends/family/partner to play

18. Purchasing in-game items for real life money

19. Feeling the need to "stand up for gamers" and proclaim that your life is perfect by listing all of your life's achievements, and yet you still game for 4-6 hours per day.

If you answer yes to 3 of these items, you could have a problem.  If you answer yes to at least 5 of them chances are, you are addicted....

Signs of addiction from : http://www.olganonboard.org/index.php?topic=3087.0

I completely agree. I'll be waiting for a good game as well.

Bitter much? 

This kind of trolling should be kept to the olganon boards, for those who really think they have a gaming addiction.  Coming onto these boards to proselytize is presumptuous, offensive and completely out of line.

Go away.

• ASmith84ASmith84 Member Posts: 979
    get over it.  people are naturally violent and will always be. their is always someone who doesnt like some thing that someone else is doing.  it will always happen.  get use to it. 
  • JJD74JJD74 Member Posts: 45
    Originally posted by Cyperspawn

well it sort seems to me that I heard this before there will always at some point be a next great game that some one loves and some one hates, i sort of some to the point that there is no good mmorpg, it all waste of time and money, but thats just my point, I come here at mmorpg to read the comic, cheers guys cya in 2-3 years then the next great game comes

Anyone can respect one's value of time.  The beauty of it is that each individuals "time" or "time spent" is a summation of their own value.  Same thing can be said for a "great" MMO.

Great can be A.) Subscribers

B.) Cost

C.) Lore

D.) Community

E.) Questing  Solo vs. Group  (Solo kinda defeats the purpose of an "MMO")

F.) PvP / PvE / Roleplaying

G.) Storyline

H.) Graphics / Effects / Music

Very seldom will you see all of those in any ONE MMO.  WoW is top dog money wise, and subscriber wise.  However, their customer support, and Community are horrific.  WoW has made gamers out of people who never touched online gaming, or even console gaming.  Ultimately the definition of a "Great" MMO, at this point, seems to be subscriber based.  Or at least the easiest way to define one as the greatest.  What do you do with that % of people that can't stand the most popular MMO tho?  They have a game they claim to be the best they've ever played. 

In my opinion the greatest MMO would have all of the above.  To date, again in my opinion, the greatest MMO I've played has been Anarchy Online.  It's the only game I've played that had / has all of the above.

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583
    Originally posted by Foodoolaws

First the new races ruined WOW for example bloodelves EVERY One made a bloodelf on newer starting out servers. So many bloodelves there were literally no wars or shamans. So we had no tanks or a great hybrid class for parties. If a new class came in how many people would stop playing all the original classes just to play that new class? Now it would be nice if blizz added a 4th teir to talent slots. A new class or race isnt needed it just offsets everything.

In blizzards eye it made the revolution. EVery one wants to be like WoW, everyone compares their mmorpg to WoW, even though you may think WoW did nothing revolutionary it already started a revolution, so the only thing to do is to improve on the revolution and i think their xpac was a nice start.

Huh??

I accepted a free migration offer, and moved my chars to a new server, Anachronos (EU). "Everyone" is NOT a blood elf on that server, at least! Ppl are NOT dropping their top-lvl chars just to reroll to new classes. They might TRY them, but as far as I can see, most ppl stick with what they had pre-TBC.

WoW copies LOTS of elements from other MMORPGs, so I do not agree that they did any revolution, or that "everyone wants to be like WoW". And I have NEVER seen any MMORPG companies comparing their games to popular ones (either WoW or others) in any ad or whatever - I don't say that has not happened, but DON'T say "everyone compares their mmorpg to WoW", cause that is simply not true. If anyone started any "revolution" for this kind of MMORPG, I would point at EQ long before even considering WoW.

Calling WoW a revolution.... /sarcasm?

Don't get me wrong, I've said in plenty posts here that I love WoW...

What other mmos will they compare too? WoW has 8 mil subs no matter where they come from its still 8 million PAYING people/paying accounts world wide. They did something revolutionary. Come on...every one compares their mmo to WoW, some even base their game off WoW and just emphasize off it.

Like i said to your eyes WoW may have never did anything revolutionary but in the end all WoW was the revolution to mmos. Also new server transfers are what every six months? New servers i mean the NEW NEW ones opened up in jan. So...
    Dont say WoW got popular off the blizz/warcraft name. Because PC games go EQ was way greater then warcraft. So how come EQ2 doesnt have more hype/players then WoW?
  • DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951
    Nope certainly nothing special that's wrong with WoW. Thus I'm done with theese PvE focused level games since I feel they're all the same. WoW tho is still the most polished one I can see.

$OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

What other mmos will they compare too? WoW has 8 mil subs no matter where they come from its still 8 million PAYING people/paying accounts world wide. They did something revolutionary. Come on...every one compares their mmo to WoW, some even base their game off WoW and just emphasize off it.

Like i said to your eyes WoW may have never did anything revolutionary but in the end all WoW was the revolution to mmos. Also new server transfers are what every six months? New servers i mean the NEW NEW ones opened up in jan. So...

First, Anachronos opened in FEBRUARY, aka last month - new enough for you?

The "revolutionary" with WoW is NOT only the amount of subscribers. What you forget here, among other things, is the fact that WoW built up a fan-base from the mid-90s or so. Warcraft 1, 2 and 3, incl exp packs, were all top-sellers, and a HUGE amount of fans from these games would have bought WoW regardless of what reviewers would have to say about it.

Again, do NOT say that "everyone compares their mmo to WoW" - I've NEVER heard games like EVE or Dreamlords, just to mention a couple, do that, and I'm pretty sure I never will.

• jerrybluejerryblue Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Originally posted by Netspook

The "revolutionary" with WoW is NOT only the amount of subscribers. What you forget here, among other things, is the fact that WoW built up a fan-base from the mid-90s or so. Warcraft 1, 2 and 3, incl exp packs, were all top-sellers, and a HUGE amount of fans from these games would have bought WoW regardless of what reviewers would have to say about it.
    Again, do NOT say that "everyone compares their mmo to WoW" - I've NEVER heard games like EVE or Dreamlords, just to mention a couple, do that, and I'm pretty sure I never will.

Netspook your totaly wrong. There is no huge amount of fans from warc 1-2-3, the Blizzard statistic showd that  over 78% from wow accounts ar used by peopls under 16 years, kids who born in that period middle 90s. There ar some fans who ar mature now, and not only for Warcraft  but for Diablo 1-2 and Starcraft also. Wow is made for mouse users. U can find plenity of topics about comparing wow with other games like EVE, dreamlords, dekaron, etc..and some here on mmorpg site. Most of peopls playng wow becouse is like cloths, must have a style, you ar not a cool kid if you dont play WOW, and now after 2 years they dont have any other idea for what ar there. you can see that in pvp where you win near 100% all games.
    A tipical wow player underage CANT play EVE, because of his/her age IQ. Thats why most of them play shooters and car driving games. Chance to see a kid playng a game that need to read a manual, use like 15-20 keybourd keys, strategy and tactics in combat is near zero.  look here
    Thats why peopls who left Wow say "your next lvl up in age is when you leave WOW"

• jbdub1jbdub1 Member Posts: 52

You didn't even hit on some of the major arguments i made against your prior statements.  I still disagree with you.  I know a lot of people that continued to play their old characters at the release of TBC.  Sure they made BE's or Draenai to check out the new content, but they still leveled their previous characters. You say that new servers were ruined because no one made the previous classes.  All new servers are lacking certain classes because the are NEW servers.  Even though the balance of classes may be rocky at the start, they will become balanced.  You also don't say how new races and classes actually will ruin the game, you just said how it will cause an imbalance of race/class on certain servers.  You need to learn how to argue your case a lot better.  I'm not saying your wrong about the huge rush of players making new classes or races, but that doesn't ruin a game.  I also disagree with you saying that wow started the MMO revolution.  I think Everquest did that.  Wow's subscriber base is huge, but it doesn't make the game revolutionary.  I do agree that it will add a lot of people to the MMORPG player base, but it didn't start an MMO revolution.

(Jerryblue: I tried to use Quote, but there was somethig wrong, so I couldn't type after your message, therefore I'll reply to you without your post quoted.)

Would be nice if you could prove that 78% comment. And, no one has asked me who's using the account I'm paying for, so how can Blizzard know such?

I am NOT "totaly wrong" when I'm talking about Warcraft 1, 2 and 3. "Everyone" has either heard of these games, or played them themselves. Obviously you don't know anything about viral marketing (I think that's what it's called in English).

Let's keep numbers "small", so let's say that 5% of WoW players are former Warcraft 1/2/3 players. That's over 400,000 customers, and most competing MMORPG companies would call that a HUGE amount alone! Then you have the advertising effect from these players. Still think I'm "totaly wrong"? I'm sure I'm NOT.

You say:

U can find plenity of topics about comparing wow with other games like EVE, dreamlords, dekaron, etc..and some here on mmorpg site

I never said there's no posts about comparing them. This is what I said:

"Their mmo" means the MMORPG companies, not players/readers on forums like mmorpg.com! I guess that what I REALLY did "totaly wrong", was assuming that everyone here can read!

• gozzgullgozzgull Member Posts: 71
    Netspook, we can read. 

Wow is no means an industry standard. 

For server setup and player count / handling yes, but you should look at other games for thier far supiority to WoW in certain areas.
    Originally posted by gozzgull

Netspook, we can read. 

Wow is no means an industry standard. 

For server setup and player count / handling yes, but you should look at other games for thier far supiority to WoW in certain areas.
    And what does this have to do with my post? Nothing.
  • WisebutCruelWisebutCruel Member Posts: 1,089

"Theres nothing wrong with WoW" ....

that an uninstall can't fix.

Wel, Netspook i didnt expect from you to know how to use google to get some info. Most of  wow players dont know to use it. If you want to know how come Blizz know so much about players read here http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/wow/wow-players-are-being-monitored-131170.php and after TBC here http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/wow/wow-players-are-being-monitored-131170.php . Let me translate you if u dont understand. Most of mature peopls have a life and play some games when they have free time to enjoy that. In that time they do more xp, honor, reputation, etc, coz a mature intelect is build after over 20 years of life, and they do in 2-3 hours of playng what a underage can do in 10. If a person play wow betwin 4 - 17 hours day  chance that person to be a mature can be zero. Blizz must know all statistics about players becouse they wana know what ar the priorities in the near future, with who they deal, with mature or underage, thats why they moved TBC for more then half year. They must know the wow pulse evry day, because thats the management, testing and controling the market, so they use trojans that can get out your data from your computer and read your in game chat, etc.

your totaly wrong again, times ar changed, 400 k players ar nothng now, look at mu over 180 milions, scions of fate have 70 milions+. To many kids have a comp and a internet line, if a good  game have less then 100 k players, is becouse is not for kids.(EVE). Some companys want quality not comercial.

If you want more Blizzard market numbers about wow comunity use GOOGLE.

Originally posted by jerryblue

Wel, Netspook i didnt expect from you to know how to use google to get some info. Most of  wow players dont know to use it. If you want to know how come Blizz know so much about players read here http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/wow/wow-players-are-being-monitored-131170.php and after TBC here http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/wow/wow-players-are-being-monitored-131170.php . Let me translate you if u dont understand. Most of mature peopls have a life and play some games when they have free time to enjoy that. In that time they do more xp, honor, reputation, etc, coz a mature intelect is build after over 20 years of life, and they do in 2-3 hours of playng what a underage can do in 10. If a person play wow betwin 4 - 17 hours day  chance that person to be a mature can be zero. Blizz must know all statistics about players becouse they wana know what ar the priorities in the near future, with who they deal, with mature or underage, thats why they moved TBC for more then half year. They must know the wow pulse evry day, because thats the management, testing and controling the market, so they use trojans that can get out your data from your computer and read your in game chat, etc.
    your totaly wrong again, times ar changed, 400 k players ar nothng now, look at mu over 180 milions, scions of fate have 70 milions+. To many kids have a comp and a internet line, if a good  game have less then 100 k players, is becouse is not for kids.(EVE). Some companys want quality not comercial.
    If you want more Blizzard market numbers about wow comunity use GOOGLE.

I'm not gonna comment this bullshit as thorough as anyone with a positive IQ can do for themselves. The sentense I underlined (if a person play...etc.) is just one of the so-called "facts" that shows what kind of person you are. Btw, all main MMORPG runs analyzis stuff, but that does NOT make Blizzard able to tell WHO is using my account, that could me me, my son, or my father!

If you read to the left on the side you first linked, you'll see this:

As if you don't waste enough of your time in a gamer's haze, here's Kotaku: a gamer's guide that goes beyond the press release. Gossip, cheats, criticism, design, nostalgia, prediction. Don't get a life just yet.

Nice "fact" site!

Netspook if you still dont get it try to do it these year and graduate  your WOW kindergarten before you ar totaly lost.  The only thing that you defend in your posts is about  you and your wow time not Blizzard, we still have a hope for peopls like you.. Be free...
  • JWPikeJWPike Member Posts: 71

WoW sucks balls. Here is why:

1) First it is either a bunch of sarcastic immature idiots. About 5% of the people I meet actually act like they are over 5 years old.

2) There is no penalty for ganking and corpse camping. You have to be a complete a** to take your level 70 and run around and one/two shot people. Oooooh you are just so cool.

3) Reputaion grinding. It takes so freaking much to get your repuation up with the various factions. Either cut down the number of them or make them a little easier to attain when you only get 5 pts a kill and you gotta get 20k pts to get there and at about halfway through you gotta do instance or other things to get it.

4) Gear. The only way to get the best gear is raiding or PVP. Then you have to pretty much dedicate your life to the game by devoting 4-6 hours a night. Th at is just plain stupid. You can not even craft yourself good stuff as the ingreditents only come from raid dungeons and they are BOP.

5) The world is a bit small.

These are just a few of the things.

JWPike, man, they dont understand what meen the word EVOLUTION. They must understand first these word before quiting wow.
  • timmy2shoestimmy2shoes Member Posts: 13

Main reason I believe people dislike WOW so adamently is that they started playing with the wrong expectations.  The name tricks you, it isn't the warcraft world because in the warcraft world that I've come to know an orc and human wouldn't be dancing together naked.

I think the name Warcraft creates an image and expectation that isn't quite what the game is. Putting that aside, it is a good game. To deny it is kinda of silly because people continue to play it for good reason, however like all games it just isn't for everyone.

Maybe it is becasue I have not had my morning Mountain Dew but I am unsure what you are getting at?
  • last_exilelast_exile Member Posts: 196
    wow is a very good game it may not have the best graphics and stuff like that but it has a huge world to explore and interact with.

First it is not that big. Next there is the maturity level of 95% of the people ( they act age 5 even if they are not), the endless faction grinding to get rep, how you HAVE to group to get good gear (raiding which means you give up your life) or do endless PvP.

WoW is great if you want a simple game and want to give up your life ( 4-6 hours a night) to it and you can put up with immaturity and somone yelling every 5 minsutes "Will somone run me through VC, gnomer, etc  for <insert item>" then there are the asshats that like to gank people. This game has poetntial but as it is not itis a smelly stack of dog crap.

• ShoalShoal Member Posts: 1,156
    Originally posted by mmcguire2

I played WoW for two years, in that time I only got one toon to 60.  I took my time and did every quest and talked to as many NPCs as I could, the story is great.  When I got tired of my 60 I rerolled and played the other side, this was a big move because I played on a PvP server so I needed to find a new one.  I made the move with some friends and played to 30, then the game started to get repetitive.  Even though the missions started on the other side they all became the same. 

I think WoW is a great game I just didn’t find any replay in it.  The world is so linear, there isn’t any adventure in the game, everyone know everything its also too easy to level and get good gear.  I also got frustrated with the development of characters.  Each class will make it to the same point and be required to have the same spec and equipment.  When I played my Warrior I went furry, nobody wanted a 60 warrior speced for furry.

I hate to sound like I don’t like the game because the story is fantastic but it grew old for me.  I didn’t get the BC because another game came out I wanted so I don’t know what the grind to 70 is like.

"I played WoW for two years...."

"...I just couldn't find any replay in it."

I wonder what other game this poster had played continuously for two years?

I can certainly relate to all the other points this poster made.  But jeeze. To play a game for two years and then complain that it had no replay value