Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

it looks like an exact copy of Pirate King Online.

biplexbiplex Member Posts: 268

I'm confused.
It looks like exact copy of Pirate King Online.
Is it any beter? Different?

http://www.teraonline.info.pl Polski Poradnik Gry Tera Online

Comments

• DiscoNeoDiscoNeo Member Posts: 2
    Pretty much is an exact copy, but this one is made for the Americas mainly. Same game overall, just like differant servers in a way. I dont know why there is a variation in name, as this seems to confuse alot of people. But if you hadnt tried either game yet, why dont you try Tales of Pirates? Its pretty darn good.
  • DaciferDacifer Member Posts: 2
    i love  this game it may be like other online games  but in this one  i dont get bored

• nos804nos804 Member Posts: 7
    ive herd the same thing but i have played ToP and i havbent played Pirate Kingsbut yes ToP is a kick ass game
  • nos804nos804 Member Posts: 7

Originally posted by Dacifer

i love  this game it may be like other online games  but in this one  i dont get bored

it could be the fact of its addictiveness.....but also it possibly has something to do with the nicve community bc in most other games the people are a bunch of a' holes
  • ForcanForcan Member UncommonPosts: 700
    They ARE the same game.  (From what I know)

Basically they have two different name because of the localization of the original game.

America is not the only English-speaking country around the world, and basically Tales of Pirates and Pirate King Online are localized to two different English-speaking country, but since they don't block IP, you can play both.

Hope that explains it.

Current MMO: FFXIV:ARR

Past MMO: Way too many (P2P and F2P)

• EvilSpirit89EvilSpirit89 Member Posts: 3

As told,, yea PKO and TOP are the same. Only difference is that PKO is released 4months before TOP and PKO was used to be for the Asian side of the world and TOP for the american side. Thats the only difference =))

• baker14baker14 Member Posts: 29

in fact  tales of prates is a copy from pirate king online because pirate king online was released much erlier than tales of pirates ! they did a copy of the game and changed the name.

• Tri_EdgeTri_Edge Member Posts: 26

to add, the reason it  was made (besudes anerica) if ive heard right was PKO got to full. shows how freakin awesome the game is.

• gavinxxxgavinxxx Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 44

no..its not the exact copy of that.. TALES OF PIRATES is not like PKO

PKO is mor e on PVP.. but ToP is more on Adventure...and challenge activities

• rebeltravisrebeltravis Member Posts: 2

pko is much better since thire are no hex noobs on theire

• xOdonkeyOxxOdonkeyOx Member Posts: 4

both Tales of Pirates and Pirate King Online are from same developer, Molino, and  managed by IGG.  PKO is a year or more farther along, and is Asian  based, and ToP is American based. There are some differences,  but the biggest is probably the times chosen for events and such; if you are American then ToP would be best otherwise you will probably be sleeping thru most things on PKO lol.