Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Meaningless equipment

KindelnolKindelnol Member Posts: 62

It seems that there are many upset with how the new equipment was handled in TBC. Mainly, it seems that raiders are the ones complaining due to many of their pieces becoming meaningless, which renders their time spent obtaining the pieces meaningless.

Now, if you do the same thing in the expansion, are you ready for it to happen again?

I am sure it will happen in the next expansion. This leads me to wonder why those that are upset by this would bother. Perhaps the idea that it will happen again makes you even angrier?

I am curious as to what people plan to do, considering Blizzard essentially makes their previous content worthless, and will more than likely repeat it to keep the game balanced in the future.

Comments

• KerikaKerika Member Posts: 33
    I hate how my efforts to get gear in WoW now feel worthless as I know that in a year (since Blizzard is planning an expansion a year) my gear will be equal to level 80 greens.  What's the point in working hard to get gear that will suck before I know it?
  • cupertinocupertino Member Posts: 1,094
    Well my Tier 2 gear did not get replaced untill lvl 68, so the the months I spent in BWL was not worthless, i had fun with my guild, if you only do it for gear then you'll never be happy.

I think blizzard could of offered an upgrade avenue for T2/3 gear but guess what that would probably require many dungeon runs also.

We all know WoW gear is based on Tiers and we all know new tiers we're being released so shut ya pie holes.

• KaiaphasKaiaphas Member Posts: 134
    I'm angry that I have to upgrade from Chainmail of the Scarlet Crusade.  I mean wtf?  OMG nerf something...preferably warlocks and stop insisting that I actually upgrade my gear by giving me new stuff to pick from.  God I hate this game...
  • DeathstinyDeathstiny Member Posts: 386

We (Reborn) quit World of Warcraft because of the itemization that BC introduced. It completely destroyed everything we worked for over the past 2 years. Gear upgrades are always welcome but RAID gear ALWAYS should be replaced with RAID gear NOT with some random 5 man instance trash.

Doesn't really matter though. WoW's time is up ...... WAR IS COMING !!!

Deathstiny

Guild Master of Reborn

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822

If people played for fun instead of having there head crammed up some instances ass just for some gear...maybe they wouldnt be so mad.

• DeathstinyDeathstiny Member Posts: 386
    Originally posted by Bama1267

If people played for fun instead of having there head crammed up some instances ass just for some gear...maybe they wouldnt be so mad.
    maybe equipping and upgrading their charcater was "having fun". Ever thought of that?
  • whitedelightwhitedelight Member Posts: 1,544
    People find different things fun, maybe you should take your own advice.

You are still hanging out in the thread and your neighbor O.o

i'll give you a cookie if you rewrite your post so that it makes sense.
    It means you are on the gaydar as well, while hanging out with your neighbor who for some strange reason, owns a gaydar.

Oh, yeah definately.  I had to use his because mine broke back in 2006.  Damn german POS's import parts are too expensive.  NERF!
    Originally posted by Kaiaphas

Oh, yeah definately.  I had to use his because mine broke back in 2006.  Damn german POS's import parts are too expensive.  NERF!
    Agreed, but yes, this topic does = fail.

WHAT ABOUT MY SCARLET CHAINMAIL?11!  nO GEM SLOTS?!  wTF?111

nO hEROIC HOGGER???? /GQUIT.
  • tylerthedruitylerthedrui Member Posts: 304
    Originally posted by Kindelnol

It seems that there are many upset with how the new equipment was handled in TBC. Mainly, it seems that raiders are the ones complaining due to many of their pieces becoming meaningless, which renders their time spent obtaining the pieces meaningless.
    Now, if you do the same thing in the expansion, are you ready for it to happen again?
    I am sure it will happen in the next expansion. This leads me to wonder why those that are upset by this would bother. Perhaps the idea that it will happen again makes you even angrier?
    I am curious as to what people plan to do, considering Blizzard essentially makes their previous content worthless, and will more than likely repeat it to keep the game balanced in the future.

I guess you could play for no other reason than fun (if you can find any). Although, this might require you not to indulge in the gear grind.

Either way, I don't think many people are thinking beyond 6 months, or considering their goals - what they eventually WANT with their character.

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822
    Originally posted by Deathstiny

Originally posted by Bama1267

maybe equipping and upgrading their charcater was "having fun". Ever thought of that?

Yeah I did...and I wondered if it was that fun...why not do it again?
  • KaiphasKaiphas Member Posts: 59
    The equipment isn't meaningless. If you aren't stupid you'll notice that the equipment has better statistics on it and that has meaning. The makers put in new equipment with better stats every month so you can have more meaningful equipment to get. If you dont' notice taht you just suck lol.

If you don't like it, don't play it.
    800 million subscribers cannot lie

welcome to the Kaiaphas fanclub Kaiphas.  Deep down inside, tyler, can you at this point deny you're a troll?
    I see that, and no it isn't me lol. I'm way too lazy to log into another account, much less register a new one or make a new email.

In fact, something tells me that it is you Kaiaphas, trying to make yourself seem popular. Or maybe you're too stupid to make another username and want to use him to back you up in posts to add to your (small) numbers and didn't realize we'd notice that the names are the same?

If it ISNT you, then where the hell is tylerdruid or some other type of fan for me.

seem popular?  On a web forum?  Please do not project your social yearnings on me Tyler.
    Originally posted by Kaiaphas

seem popular?  On a web forum?  Please do not project your social yearnings on me Tyler.
    ROFLMAO. And here I thought you didn't have any humor. Congratulations Kaiaphas, I no longer believe you're sexually frustrated.
  • KindelnolKindelnol Member Posts: 62
    Originally posted by tylerthedrui

Originally posted by Kindelnol

I guess you could play for no other reason than fun (if you can find any). Although, this might require you not to indulge in the gear grind.

Either way, I don't think many people are thinking beyond 6 months, or considering their goals - what they eventually WANT with their character.

I agree that one should participate for no other reason than having fun. Unfortunately, WoW only provides one course of development which happens to be linked to the various dungeons available. 

You are likely right that most aren't thinking 6 months ahead. After all, that is kind of why I even made the post in the first place.

It seems that some have targeted me as having a problem. Keep in mind, I don't have this gear myself. I made the thread for those that are angry about it (because I constantly see posts concerning this topic) and those that actually do have it.  

• alyndalealyndale Member UncommonPosts: 936
    To be honest here, I kind of got a chuckle when Burning Crusade came out and "green" equipment was as good as much of the "tier gear" so many stressed over and entire guilds were created for. My guild was effected as folks would level to 60 then promptly leave to go "hard-core" raiding for gear.  Well, my particular guild did some raiding, but our main focus was each other not the "gear". Guess what?  Those that went to the "hard-core" side are back with us! hahaahaaa!!!!  Yep, they tired of the military regimine and cold demeanor of the raid guilds.

Now, since Burning Crusade is out my guild seems to be the popular type of guild to run with.  We'll be raiding soon, now that we took our time and "stressed less" over gear.  I would think in about a month or so, about 25% of our 300+ guild will be, AHEM, geared with much of the new high level equipment from BC.

CHEERS! 

All I want is the truth
    Just gimme some truth
    John Lennon