Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We discuss low-sec

2»

Comments

• Stumpy26Stumpy26 Member Posts: 189
    I dont think concord have any place at all in low sec, neither should the sentry guns be boosted.  Thats the whole point of having unsafe safe it is meant to be used by a group of players each has his own role, ie miners, ratters and defence.  Although I do think that low sec rewards could be boosted abit, to encourage people to populate it.

My character is 1 year old and also went through this stage where low sec was dangerous and scary, once you have found some friends, or made friends with the locals its really not that bad.
  • CiredricCiredric Member Posts: 723

Zoom, like a bullet it sped over your heads.

The problem with low-sec is not security, it is that the risk/reward is skewed.  It is as if not more dangerous in low-sec than 0.0 and there is alot more reward in 0.0, hence why even bother with low sec?

That and the broken bounty system which makes bounty hunters extremely rare.

I will give you an example.  We had a mining group in a .3 system the other day, we had protection.  4 pirates jump in system and our protection got 2 of them before they warped out.  Fine and dandy, next thing you know there are 3 pirate carriers in system with assorted others.  Needless to say one failed mining expedition.  We certainly cannot compete with carriers, we were lucky to only lose half our ships. 

So we decided no more low-sec, might was well do 0.0, at least there is reward down there.

That is why low sec is BROKEN right now.  And I do not have a solution to fix it, but I do know there needs to be more reward to make the risk worthwhile.

• McRuderMcRuder Member Posts: 6
    I think low sec is a waste of space in the way it is currently. I do PvP and PvE as well as some industry in the game - must support fighting somehow. I don't mine in low-sec because mining in no-sec is better. I don't fight in low-sec because of standing losses. I don't run missions (PvE) in low-sec because I am not pirate fodder. Its hard to concentrate on doing a missions and watch local and watch scanner at the same time. Only a few people I know of live in low-sec, and they only do that because they don't have standings for hi-sec and they are PvP players. The only resource they use in low-sec is a station, nothing else.

I have played this game a long time. I have lived in all areas at some time or another. The safest space i.m.o is 0.0 - if you belong to the controlling alliance. Anyway I have lived in many regions while not being part of any alliance, and I rarely ran into trouble. Talking about risk vs reward ...0.0 has lots of reward for low risk. Low-sec has high risk for mediocre rewards. Hi-sec has low risk for low reward. This is not balanced.

I agree with the points raised ... gradient  all empire space  from 1.0 to 0.1.  Remove the chokepoints to 0.0 by making more access points. Add more NPC faction stations to 0.0 space.

BTW this discussion should rather be on the Eve Forums? I doubt CCP reads anything here.
  • damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449
    Originally posted by lowrads

Originally posted by CaptRedHand

What are the faults you find with Agents? By the way, I find faults with them too, just curious about yours.
    I didn't sign up for an NPCing grindfest when the game came out.   If I wanted to play a grinder with a drop-based economy, I would have purchased one of those.  I prefer harsh realism, and a player-mediated environment.

isk/loot from ratting is also a drop-based economy. 

so take out agents, take out rats.   you now have miners, producers and pvpers.

i think the miners would win.  without them, THAT game ends.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

• vizaviza Member Posts: 204

Well since I'm on sabbatical from EVE until the summer, and can't use the EVE-O Forums I thought maybe we could discuss this here.

With the continual push by CCP of mission runners et al. from high-sec Empire. Do you feel low-sec needs a closer inspection? Do you think it's broke and what would you do to fix it?
    It's fine. I have an industrial alt with few skillpoints in combat skills. I'm running missions out of a .2 system and am not having much trouble, despite my corp being in an empire war with a fairly large alliance.

I haven't even been locked by another player in that area yet even with war targets in the area.

1. stay out of the belts and in your deadspace missions.

2. stick near the stations and gates when not in deadspace.

If you have a problems with wannabe noob pirates, move to a different region/constellation.
  • CaptRedHandCaptRedHand Member Posts: 54
    Originally posted by viza

Well since I'm on sabbatical from EVE until the summer, and can't use the EVE-O Forums I thought maybe we could discuss this here.

With the continual push by CCP of mission runners et al. from high-sec Empire. Do you feel low-sec needs a closer inspection? Do you think it's broke and what would you do to fix it?
    It's fine. I have an industrial alt with few skillpoints in combat skills. I'm running missions out of a .2 system and am not having much trouble, despite my corp being in an empire war with a fairly large alliance.

I haven't even been locked by another player in that area yet even with war targets in the area.

1. stay out of the belts and in your deadspace missions.

2. stick near the stations and gates when not in deadspace.

If you have a problems with wannabe noob pirates, move to a different region/constellation. Um, doesn't that kinda defeat having belts in lowsec? Or for that matter anything other than deadspace? Whats the point of having lowsec if your avoiding the whole thing?