Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will this game have PVP?

Is AoC going to have pvp? or is it only going to be PVE based

Comments

• XaltharXalthar Member Posts: 11
    It is designed with PvP very much in mind, unlike games like Vanguard, DDO, SWG and WoW which added it almost as an afterthought, or at the demands of the players. So yes there will be PvP. How fun it will be, and if they failed to implement it the "right way", we won't be able to tell until we get our hands on it, and try it out.
  • TaekTaek Member Posts: 38
    Originally posted by zombietrp

This game is based all around PvP - you can create player Cities and your enemy is the other players City.
  • EmriEmri Member UncommonPosts: 53

But it will have a PVE side to the game.

From what I understand, non-consentual PVP will only be in the Border Kingdoms areas.

And of course the occasional bar fight.

Course, I am sure many will correct me if i am wrong.

• VG has PvE......

• HarafnirHarafnir Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

And I have cooties.

Makes about as much sense...

"This is not a game to be tossed aside lightly.
    It should be thrown with great force"

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

Heh, massive tactical PvP seiges are the main endgame to this MMO, although there is a PvE side as well. Like an above poster mentioned, on a normal server FFA PvP is confined to the borderlands, arenas, taverns, and a few other places. On a PvP server, its FFA PvP pretty much everywhere, but with consequenses for being an asshole about it.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236
    Originally posted by Taek

This game is based all around PvP - you can create player Cities and your enemy is the other players City. Actual Player Cities are different than Guild Keeps.  Player Cities are in an area where you fight NPC cities, while Guild Keeps are in the Borderlands where you fight other Guilds. 

Just so people don't think they're one in the same.  And these two types of cities are in seperate areas/instances. 

If you build a Player City and you're fighting NPC Cities, you're not going to be fighting other Player Cities.

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857
    Originally posted by checkthis500

Originally posted by Taek

This game is based all around PvP - you can create player Cities and your enemy is the other players City. Actual Player Cities are different than Guild Keeps.  Player Cities are in an area where you fight NPC cities, while Guild Keeps are in the Borderlands where you fight other Guilds. 

Just so people don't think they're one in the same.  And these two types of cities are in seperate areas/instances. 

If you build a Player City and you're fighting NPC Cities, you're not going to be fighting other Player Cities. Player cities and battlekeeps use the exact same construction methods, have the exact same functionality and available buildings, and are quite indistinguishable from one another (assuming its not built to a different pattern). The only difference between the two is where it is built and your enemy. Both of them are player built guild cities, the only reason one is specifically called battlekeeps is supposedly to avoid confusion, in my opinion it causes more confusion than it solves.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway