Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

On free trial and would like to know more before I subscribe:)

AngelboundAngelbound Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,437

Ok just so you all know I have not got past the first age in the desert I cannot get that door in the tree opened yet, I am tired today so maybe thats it, I did visit the town and check out the school and etc.. I would first like to say I love these kinds of games I never played myst yet although I been meaning to, but I have been spoiled in other games and so far this game does not feel very dangerous in terms of adventure I was hoping for some kind of quick reflexes like jumping across to escape a bolder and etc.

I like adventure and it does not have to be all combat oriented but it just doesnt feel like im in an adventure, I do admit I like combat to an extent more like self defense or something like some elements in beyond good and evil or even games like dreamfall. So my question is does the game have dangerous adventures later on? I also would like to know do you recommend I play all the other myst games first? I can download them from gametap if I subscribe thanks all.

Comments

• SUMB44SUMB44 Member Posts: 182
    Unfortunately there is no "danger" in this game.  There is no avatar death.  If you get into a "dangerous" situation, like falling off a cliff, you will auto link back to your Relto.  All the tension, apprehension and mood in the game is entirely atmospheric - based on the visuals and sounds of your immediate environment... typical Myst type stuff.

The lack of possible death and death penalties does remove alot from the game, but it is certainly playable.  I think you will find that the community is not your typical MMORPG  community.
  • AngelboundAngelbound Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,437
    Well I ddidnt mean death just in general, having to go back at a waypoint sounds decent, so I guess I mean dangerous as in you find some bridge it breaks and then you have to start back from beggening. But I really wanted to know if the adventure gets more in depth in terms of merchanics, like can you jump and catch a rope before you miss it? Lets say your friends make it across and the bridge breaks when you try to cross, but you catch some vine on the way down etc.
  • daikonitedaikonite Member Posts: 23
    I haven't played URU live so I can't say for certain, but based on the other games, the myst franchise is really not about snappy reflexes. It's not at all an action adventure sort of experience. Instead, it's more about creepy atmosphere, complex puzzles, looking for obscure clues, etc. Much more deliberate pacing, much more puzzle oriented.
  • AngelboundAngelbound Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,437
    I understand all that, but im asking specific questions here, you call it action and what do you mean by action? Is action just walking around or action as in actually using some elements of manuvers?
  • SUMB44SUMB44 Member Posts: 182
    You've got to think like a late 1990's Action/Adventure game...  Action = Walking around and interacting with objects in the world.  That's it.  These adventure games of old were typically plot-driven, story-driven games.  MOUL is still ni the process of developing a coherent storyline and plot.  Right now players are exploring environments and solving puzzles that were released in "Ages Beyond Myst" and "Until Uru"...  Though they might be one in the same, I'm unclear on that atm.