Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CCP vs Playerbase, who wins ?

13»

Comments

• jpyrichjpyrich Member Posts: 55
    Originally posted by Inf666

Logoffski: Lots of people are using the exploit to not die in gate camps. It is lame and equivalent to warping out of bubbles. The hands of the GMs are tied because the game does not provide the means to show if it was a true abuse. I would rather see this fixed than any new content.

This is going to be changed if it hasn't already been implemented.   Ships will not warp off when you log out if they are inside of a warp disruption bubble.
  • LordSlaterLordSlater Member Posts: 2,087
    Originally posted by jpyrich

Logoffski: Lots of people are using the exploit to not die in gate camps. It is lame and equivalent to warping out of bubbles. The hands of the GMs are tied because the game does not provide the means to show if it was a true abuse. I would rather see this fixed than any new content.

This is going to be changed if it hasn't already been implemented.   Ships will not warp off when you log out if they are inside of a warp disruption bubble.

I belive this has already been implimented as attested by the various whining threads i say a few weeks back on the eve forums lol

Originally posted by LordSlater

[hell it took them 2 years to fix the Warp stab bug].
    Maybe I'm thinking about something else, but I'd classify the recent changes to warp stabs as a game balance change and not a bug fix.

Maybe I'm thinking about something else, but I'd classify the recent changes to warp stabs as a game balance change and not a bug fix.

Same goes for the Exploits really if you think about it.

I belive this has already been implimented as attested by the various whining threads i say a few weeks back on the eve forums lol I can see why some people would have a problem with this being implemented now.  With the lag problems kicking people out of the game in fleet battles, players will end up losing many more ships due to lag.  CCP needs to throw all of their resources at fixing the lag problems.  Huge engagements have been happening for quite some time and they won't be going away.

I love this change, but in thinking about it, maybe it should have been postponed.
    I think one of the main causes of lag is those big Blob Fleets. Thankfully tho it seems ccp are well on the way to fixing this ptoblem by breaking up blobs through gang mechanics and new wepons.

I think that exploits fall into both categories.  It really depends on what is being exploited.

I think that exploits fall into both categories.  It really depends on what is being exploited.True that forgot about the recent Complex bugs.

I think one of the main causes of lag is those big Blob Fleets. Thankfully tho it seems ccp are well on the way to fixing this ptoblem by breaking up blobs through gang mechanics and new wepons.
    The gang mechanics has probably helped a little, but it doesn't affect how many ships are in one system and that's the real killer.  CCP recently prevented players from jumping into a battle so that the server wouldn't crash and even then, the lag was horrendous.  Putting a hard cap on ships in a system is not good for game play.

To which new weapons are you referring?

The gang mechanics has probably helped a little, but it doesn't affect how many ships are in one system and that's the real killer.  CCP recently prevented players from jumping into a battle so that the server wouldn't crash and even then, the lag was horrendous.  Putting a hard cap on ships in a system is not good for game play.

To which new weapons are you referring?

Ok so far there is one wepon that is pretty much confirmed now .

Imagine a standard blob fleet witing for the other fleet to arrive for the fight. Then just before the fight starts suddenly A stealth bomber appears among the big blob of ships. It then lets off its new mini Doomsday device decimating the blob. then it flies off quickly leaving smoldering wrecks and damaged ships behind.

basically devs ahve said to help discourage blobbing they are going to introduce a Stealthbomber only wepon thats like a mini [maybee] one shot smartbomb capable of decimating blobs and therefore disincouraging them.