Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CCP vs Playerbase, who wins ?

erkinbabaerkinbaba Member UncommonPosts: 79
As I follow the EO forums, it seems there is silent war going on between CCP and their playerbase. I quit a month ago, but I'm still following the forums. Some threads are unbelievable, no response from CCP for months, specially about bugged regions ( new ones ). And as I see, lots of players are angry and getting frustrated more and more.

Who do you think win this fight ? 

In the red corner, CCP "The God"

And the blue corner, Player "The Prayer"

or should I say;

In the red corner, CCP "The Prayer"

And the blue corner, Player "The God"

Comments

• tr1443rtr1443r Member Posts: 7
    IMO I think the posts are responded to, but not in the general discussion board but in the others such as known issues etc

plus I think the way they work is they read the complaints but if they have already been brought up or are known no response is given.

Re-join the fight, you know you want too

In the beginning the Universe was created,
    This made a lot of people angry,
    and has been widely regarded as a bad idea.

• erkinbabaerkinbaba Member UncommonPosts: 79
    Originally posted by tr1443r

IMO I think the posts are responded to, but not in the general discussion board but in the others such as known issues etc

plus I think the way they work is they read the complaints but if they have already been brought up or are known no response is given.

Re-join the fight, you know you want too
    Maybe you're right about they're answered the Qs in some other board. But a thread with 164 replies and 8957 reads deserves an answer I think. People who posts there waits for respond in exact same thread I guess, dunno.

About rejoining, I really want to. Without EvE, I feel lost. But, decision was made. I will return some day maybe, but not before CCP solves huge in-game problems and restore communication and faith with their players.
  • bawldybawldy Member Posts: 151
    The threads are the only place people are allowed to post in regards to the misdeeds and mishandling of those misdeeds, can be asked....and I am of the firm opinion, it is nothing more then a honeypot tactic of CCP's to keep noobs from hearing about what CCP did.

If CCp wanted noobs and those thinking of playing to know, they would have a sticky on the general forums to point to the topic, or at least allow a query in relation to the matter...but they won't, it embarrasses them to much.

Me...I WON, my $$ stays in my pocket, just riding out the last of the GTC time I have.

ccp the "we cheat for our buddies and are proud of it" company...

• LordSlaterLordSlater Member Posts: 2,087
    Oh id say that the palyerbase has wone this one as it seems everyone on the official forum bourds are tired of this topic or simply dont care because the most this had ever affected was a small preportion of the eve playerbase.

Originally posted by LordSlater

Oh id say that the palyerbase has wone this one as it seems everyone on the official forum bourds are tired of this topic or simply dont care because the most this had ever affected was a small preportion of the eve playerbase.
    Sorry LordSlater, you're wrong as always, but I won't argue about how many players are affected. We all know about it.
  • tr1443rtr1443r Member Posts: 7

Agreed, bring on the future

In the beginning the Universe was created,
    This made a lot of people angry,
    and has been widely regarded as a bad idea.

• TrianonTrianon Member Posts: 112
    Originally posted by tr1443r

Agreed, bring on the future

Or it could be that every time someone POSTS on the official board it gets insta zapped..... 

• DemonZealotDemonZealot Member Posts: 173

Yeah because developer corruption in the 6th largest Alliance in the game only affect a small portion of the playerbase...

/sarcasmoff

• damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449
    Originally posted by DemonZealot

Yeah because developer corruption in the 6th largest Alliance in the game only affect a small portion of the playerbase...

/sarcasmoff

and because it was only one dev/staff who EVER cheated.   none of the other would ever dream of doing anything like t20, or of doing worse.

they're vikings after all.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

• CaptRedHandCaptRedHand Member Posts: 54
    I think the question needs to be redefined into which players vs. CCP win.

Because if  your a PVE player in EVE then your definitely on the losing end of a spear. Take a look at the most recent blog about changes in 1.4. Ovuer alludes to not "forcing" PVE players to low-sec for high(er) end content. But in effect they will be. And I don't really see a problem with having more shiny in low-sec if they would realize it's broken and fix it. I mean they want us to "police" ourselves. But how? with no proper fucntioning bounty system, how do you do that? I can't join a anti-corporation and actually actively go after pirates because there is no way to do it without a sec-hit.

Now if your an Alliance player or enjoy some aspects of pirating. Your probably going to be ok (for now). Of course CCP has a habit of fiddling so you may not stay that way.

I won't get into the problems that they may be causing to the market with that idea of loot drops and rewards at this time.
    Originally posted by damian7

/sarcasmoff

and because it was only one dev/staff who EVER cheated.   none of the other would ever dream of doing anything like t20, or of doing worse.

they're vikings after all. it wasn't just one ccp employee

it wasn't just one incident

each time ccp employees were caught cheating it resulted in a coverup spree, this last time, it leaked to other forums...now the sheet hit the fan and ccp is scampering to cover it up as best they can.

it shows that ccp can not be trusted.

• JackDonkeyJackDonkey Member Posts: 383

/sarcasmoff

they're vikings after all. I can confirm, the rest of CCP is like Rod and Tod Flanders, true story.

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    if I were to kill a titan tomorrow and no CCP employees showed up to say grats I would petition it.
    Waiting for: the next MMO that lets me make this macro
    if hp < 30 then CastSpell("heal") SpellTargetUnit("player") else CastSpell("smite") end

• LeJohnLeJohn Member Posts: 313

/sarcasmoff

they're vikings after all.

Wrong, the incident was just on in a long line of "incidents" going back to 2003. This was not a new things for DEVS just that this incident drew more attention than any of the others.
  • PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    Originally posted by LeJohn

Wrong, the incident was just on in a long line of "incidents" going back to 2003. This was not a new things for DEVS just that this incident drew more attention than any of the others. Such as?
  • TulisinTulisin Member Posts: 47
    Neither, because there isn't really a conflict. Either you felt the incident was important enough to leave over, or you didn't. Either way, with current growth and new plans to expand CCP will replace the players that left very soon (if they haven't already). Yeah, a dev did something that was definitely a bad idea, and yes CCP didn't handle it as well as they should. But no, it wasn't as bad as it is being made out to be.
    Originally posted by Precusor

Wrong, the incident was just on in a long line of "incidents" going back to 2003. This was not a new things for DEVS just that this incident drew more attention than any of the others. Such as? read the forums, stop being lazy and trolling with pointless bs, when you can simply read up to be informed.

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    Originally posted by Tulisin

Neither, because there isn't really a conflict. Either you felt the incident was important enough to leave over, or you didn't. Either way, with current growth and new plans to expand CCP will replace the players that left very soon (if they haven't already). Yeah, a dev did something that was definitely a bad idea, and yes CCP didn't handle it as well as they should. But no, it wasn't as bad as it is being made out to be.
    Indeed.
  • CeylousCeylous Member Posts: 134
    QTF drafell

Is there an MMO that out there that isn't affected by Xao Ping Wang and their money grubbing macro bots?
    http://wow.stratics.com/content/features/editorials/mf/
    Just say no to ingame money/mob farming.... the site says it all

Originally posted by Ceylous

QTF drafell

indeed

if I were to kill a titan tomorrow and no CCP employees showed up to say grats I would petition it.
    if hp < 30 then CastSpell("heal") SpellTargetUnit("player") else CastSpell("smite") end

no delete option? ugg

Each tread about CCP ends up with dev cheating thing, everybody focusing on this. It is a big problem, yes. As a 0.0 PvPer it concerns me a lot, but after that incident CCP pulled itself back. I think they're focused on next big patch ( walking in the stations ) so losing a few customers does not bothers them at all I guess. With the expansion, they think they will re-gain their playerbase and plus and thats somehow odd. EvE is a hardcore game, after this "walking in stations" patch, I bet their subscribers will increase, but then, game will no longer be a hardcore as it was. More and more teenagers will drop by to just walk, talk and watch how great graphics there are. Maybe thats what CCP wants; "more mature players, more trouble, so lets focus on messing the game, let these uber mature players leave, then we'll have no headache. Lets focus on in-station PvP zones with some big guns. That will attract 12-14yo players and we'll be fine".

A fantastic conspiracy theory, lol. We'll wait and see.

• CiredricCiredric Member Posts: 723

If you get your information from the forums then you are sadly illinformed.

The new regions are different because there is too much isk floating around as it is, it is CCP's intention to use the new regions to recirculate isk, not add to it.

The only bad thing about the new regions, is that the asteroids are a bit odd and do not drop much of the lower level minerals, hence to live there you have to do a lot of transporting of them from empire.

• LordSlaterLordSlater Member Posts: 2,087
    Originally posted by bawldy

Wrong, the incident was just on in a long line of "incidents" going back to 2003. This was not a new things for DEVS just that this incident drew more attention than any of the others.
    Such as?read the forums, stop being lazy and trolling with pointless bs, when you can simply read up to be informed.

Well i had a look and all i could find was that incident involving the GM with the scorpion, and the Polaris incident 2-3 years ago.

Originally posted by bawldy

Such as?read the forums, stop being lazy and trolling with pointless bs, when you can simply read up to be informed.

Well i had a look and all i could find was that incident involving the GM with the scorpion, and the Polaris incident 2-3 years ago. your smoke is thick, but based on your history of trolling for ccp, one can't trust your word alone...

...Not when you can read  many topics and instances of misconduct of ccp on these very forums (lots an lots of forums with topics and discussion of the same misdeeds....try looking and reading instead of ignoring ..hint "google"). People can read, get a lot of info and make an informed decision to pay to play or not too.

Me, I can't see enabling a company that behaves as ccp has and continues too do. If they do show change, and actually enforce the rules that were broken, regardless of the BUDDY factor, then opinions can change.

(little kids who have their mommies and daddies paying for them, may not give a hoot how a company behaves towards its customers)