Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lineage II is boring!

dredgedredge Member Posts: 13
What is the point to this game? I have been fighting monsters, collecting $, and gaining skills. It's been so great, I get new gear to kill new monsters, woohoo! So what!??? This is fun for like 30 minutes, and then I think to myself "this is such a waste of time, why and I just standing around killing monsters?"

I am disappointed in Lineage II. The graphics are amazing, the monsters look cool, but there is no intelligence behind it all! Why not make spawns of entire monster camps??? Like 15 Orcs and a camp fire and a couple of loot chests?? Now _that_ would be cool. And it would make sense! More sense than monsters just appearing and being kill, rinse and repeat.

Lineage II needs goals! Something to work for! A huge spawn of monsters that has a sparkling pile treasure at the center.
A city that is overrun by monsters and needs to be saved! A boatload of Orcs that threatens to land and take over an area of the world! Goals! Something other than the mindless monster smash.

Ugh! This game has so much potential! Why stop here, when you are so close NCSoft!!!???

This sucks....

Comments

• Mag1sterMag1ster Member Posts: 97

Ur not the first to say this.

L2 is a leveling threadmill MMORPG. A second Generation one. They won't change, NCsoft know they can make money by addicting people with fake power lure... and i must say each player pay a lot for this player.

Don't worry everything will change soon, people are starting to get over their addiction over MMORPG.

Games WILL have to adapt.

• 7Fold7Fold Member Posts: 318

Lineage has so much potential.  The pvp system is wonderful. But it gets hurt in the end and becomes boring because it just copies the same level formula the rest of the games before it has.

I think whats hurting these companies with this is, that wouldnt you guys at least say 85% if not more of the people who will play Lineage 2, has already played EQ, DaoC, AC or one of the countless other MMORPGS out there?  What happens is, we log in and we are like wow cool, this looks neat. Then after a few hours. Uh oh, why does this feel like deja vu?

And then we quit it, because most of us have went through the level grind, and are looking for something new.

In all fairness Lineage 2 could be one of the best MMORPGS out there, if it did some modifications to the grind, and the Set skills. But as of right now, yes its just DAOC, AC2, and Shadowbane, with a fresh paint Job

• DraciusDracius Member Posts: 379

Agreed, Mag1ster.

Been away 9 days, miss me? image

---------------------------------------
    With every post I lose just a little bit more of my sanity.

Peace,

Dracius
    ---------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dracius-Saberi-Static
    "With every post, I lose just a little bit more of my sanity." -Dracius

• BirdeyeBirdeye Member Posts: 13

I have been playing Lienage to for about a week now and I totaly agree.... I have been playing RPGs for like ever. One of the most famous that any RPG fan would is Diablo 2. Now Diablo 2 has a huge fan base which I am one of although I haven't played in a while... that's because diablo 2 is relly great with a great story behind it.

Now you what was so great abput Diablo 2. First of all you have quests constanly through the game, your not forced to go out and level up and then find the NPC that has the quest for you, also you can easly dectiacte the NPC with a quest because he/she has a explamantion point above their head. Navigation in Diablo 2 is the best I have ever saw. Yea it may take a while to get to certain places but that's why they are the waypoints. Also if you get in trouble all you have to do is remember to us a tp (town portal). When diablo 2 came out it had some of the best graphics but as the technolgy has emproved in the graphic deparment it's ok. The only thing I see in diablo 2 that could be a problem is that it the only for your health to boost is by using potions, talking to npc, ot haveing a paldin helal you.

Basicaly what I am saying is that NC should take a note from what Blizzard did with diablo 2. Also you could take a point from blizzard with "World of Warcraft" they implement both pets and mounts. although in wow you have to be a hunter to have a pet. I have yet to play wow but from what I have seen and read it is going to be the best MMORPG ever made.

So for lineage 2 to compete with a game like wow they need to make alot of changes. Another good thing about wow is that instead of having to choice a server wow has everyone on the same server. Which makes easier when you are have multiple charcters and friends you wish to game with. Not only that in linage 2 you have to be at level 20 before u can choice a class while in wow you choice your class when creating the charcter.

Later,

Birdeye

• higgsbosonhiggsboson Member Posts: 296

Actually I think it's the other way around. Give a hard look.

• gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 1

I agree with all the above posters, this game isn't much after the intial ooooo's and ahhhhh's. I can't image it would ever have much content or deepth. My biggests complaint is the point and click movement system. It's like a single player dungeon siege game, not realistic. If I wanted to play something like that, I'd just not play this game or pay its fees and just go back to DS. Screw that, I want some interaction, content, keyboard driven games, that's worth my money.

• BigPeelerBigPeeler Member Posts: 1,270

the problem im seeing is that none of u seem to know what this game is really about...

the original poster was saying "this game needs goals... why am i leveling?" and stuff like that... this obviously show's that not only did he just play for 5 minutes before giving up, but he doesnt know enough about the game to even have a real oppinion...

this game is all about goals... the reason ur leveling is so u can be of aid in mass clan wars, castle sieges, boss raids, find rare weapons/armor, raise dragons and more...

u people dont realise this game is about the end game... if ur looking for a game that will give u a false sense of instant gratification then look elsewhere, Lineage 2 ony rewards the real players...

--------------------------------------

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

I too am very dissapointed.

The whole Lather Hair, Rinse, Repeat thing is getting very broing.

we need a mmorpg revolution..something that we would all like.

• DREWSBARRDREWSBARR Member Posts: 10

ATTN: ALL "REAL" PLAYERS

WHY IN THE HELL WOULD YOU PLAY A GAME FOR MONTHS THAT IS BORING AND REPETITIVE, JUST SO YOU CAN REACH THE  "END GAME" WHERE IT EVENTUALLY HAS SOME INTERESTING CONTENT.   AND TO MAKE IT WORSE, YOU ARE PAYING A MONTHLY FEE THE ENTIRE TIME.

ATTN: MMORPG DESIGNERS

MAKE A GAME THAT IS FUN FROM THE START, FROM IN THE MIDDLE, AND FUN AT THE "END".  I'M NEVER GOING TO PAY MONEY TO WASTE MY LIFE ON REPETITIVE DRIBBLE. 

ATTN: BLIZZARD

DONT LET ME DOWN MAN.....   I HAVE YET TO SEE AN MMORPG THAT I ENJOY.....    UNFORTUNATELY THE IDEA BEHIND THEM IS SOUND.   CONSTANTLY UPDATED CONTENT SO IT CAN BE FUN FOR YEARS TO COME.   NOT TO MENTION THE ONLY GAMES COMING OUT LATELY ARE MMORPGS SAVE A FEW GEMS.   PLEASE DONT FUK UP WOW LIKE L2 HERE.

ATTN: EVERYONE

IF U WANT GAMES TO IMPROVE THEN YOU HAVE TO DO ONE VERY "EASY" THING.      ARE YOU READY?

STOP BUYING THESE CRAPPY GAMES AND THEY WILL STOP MAKING THEM SO GD CRAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY ARE NEVER GONNA IMPROVE IF THEY CAN STILL MAKE MONEY OFF THE USUAL DRIBBLE.

Originally posted by DREWSBARR

WHY IN THE HELL WOULD YOU PLAY A GAME FOR MONTHS THAT IS BORING AND REPETITIVE, JUST SO YOU CAN REACH THE  "END GAME" WHERE IT EVENTUALLY HAS SOME INTERESTING CONTENT.   AND TO MAKE IT WORSE, YOU ARE PAYING A MONTHLY FEE THE ENTIRE TIME.
    MAKE A GAME THAT IS FUN FROM THE START, FROM IN THE MIDDLE, AND FUN AT THE "END".  I'M NEVER GOING TO PAY MONEY TO WASTE MY LIFE ON REPETITIVE DRIBBLE. 
    DONT LET ME DOWN MAN.....   I HAVE YET TO SEE AN MMORPG THAT I ENJOY.....    UNFORTUNATELY THE IDEA BEHIND THEM IS SOUND.   CONSTANTLY UPDATED CONTENT SO IT CAN BE FUN FOR YEARS TO COME.   NOT TO MENTION THE ONLY GAMES COMING OUT LATELY ARE MMORPGS SAVE A FEW GEMS.   PLEASE DONT FUK UP WOW LIKE L2 HERE.
    IF U WANT GAMES TO IMPROVE THEN YOU HAVE TO DO ONE VERY "EASY" THING.      ARE YOU READY?
    STOP BUYING THESE CRAPPY GAMES AND THEY WILL STOP MAKING THEM SO GD CRAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THEY ARE NEVER GONNA IMPROVE IF THEY CAN STILL MAKE MONEY OFF THE USUAL DRIBBLE.

No Cap plz.

Get me a MMORPG that can pull off 300+ vs 300+ hardcore PvP clan war in full glory with minimum lagging. That's what I call MMORPG and that's what I choose to play whether it takes 10 years to reach there or one second of gameplay.

• MaximaneMaximane Member CommonPosts: 625

Please do not turn threads into flame wars.

--------------------
    Alex "Maximane" De Line
    - MMORPG.COM Staff -

• DantesDantes Member Posts: 163

Originally posted by BigPeeler

... if ur looking for a game that will give u a false sense of instant gratification then look elsewhere, Lineage 2 ony rewards the real players...

So what are we non-"real" players supposed to do?  Play L2 with a blindfold on until someone tells us to take it off cause "here comes the fun"?

What...did the term "real players" dribble out of your mouth?  Oh wait, my mistake, that's your ass.

Beta tester supreme

Beta tester supreme

Originally posted by Dantes

Originally posted by BigPeeler

... if ur looking for a game that will give u a false sense of instant gratification then look elsewhere, Lineage 2 ony rewards the real players...

So what are we non-"real" players supposed to do?  Play L2 with a blindfold on until someone tells us to take it off cause "here comes the fun"?

What...did the term "real players" dribble out of your mouth?  Oh wait, my mistake, that's your ass.

Beta tester supreme

Dantes I have question for you. What MMORPG are you currently playing if you are playing MMORPG at all.

You must be playing some MMORPG to judge L2 as a reference.

• DantesDantes Member Posts: 163

Originally posted by higgsboson

Dantes I have question for you. What "better MMORPG", are you currently playing if you are playing MMORPG at all.
    You must be playing some MMORPG to judge L2 as a reference.
    Let just hear what this guy is playing.

Curse the back button on my mouse!!  I digress...I'll type this again.

Yes, I am playing a MMORPG and have been playing at least one since April of 1999.  In fact, I just recently quit FFXI after 7 months of playing and subscribed to EVE Online.  I've played every big name MMORPG (except Anarchy Online) and a couple "unknown" ones.

This time last year I decided that I have to accept the fact that I'll never find "that" game.  The one that will stir within me the desire to play whenever I have a free moment and weep in sorrow the day they turn off the servers for good. 

Believe it or not there were aspects of L2 that I liked but for me, a "better MMORPG" is a game where the likes outweigh the dislikes and that wasn't the case for L2.  By the time I reached lvl 13 on at least 3 different races/classes, my frustration level was through the roof.  I'm not going to get into why it frustrated me again since I've written it on at least 5 threads on two different boards.

In 10 days of EVE trial and after doing quite a large amount of researching on the game and reading forums I decided to subscribe.  For me, the likes far outweighed the dislikes.  I will also never allow myself to get sucked in because I'm a "fan" of the theme.  I got burned with SWG and learned my lesson and learned it well.

"better MMORPG"...many to list but I'll start with EVE.  It just suits my style. 

Beta tester supreme

Beta tester supreme

• StereoviewerStereoviewer Member Posts: 238

Originally posted by Mag1ster

Ur not the first to say this.
    L2 is a leveling threadmill MMORPG. A second Generation one. They won't change, NCsoft know they can make money by addicting people with fake power lure... and i must say each player pay a lot for this player.
    Don't worry everything will change soon, people are starting to get over their addiction over MMORPG.
    Games WILL have to adapt.

Couldn´t have said it better. Agree 100 %! And to someone else: wtf is end game? I want FUN, and I want it NOW. I don´t need a second job to come home to.

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Originally posted by MurtBijani

I too am very dissapointed.
    The whole Lather Hair, Rinse, Repeat thing is getting very broing.
    we need a mmorpg revolution..something that we would all like.

Only way to try to do that is to put the reward with a direct link to the activity connected!  Best merchant need to be a merchant and earn his merchant edges doing merchant stuff.  You can replace merchant with tradeskiller, PvPer, Raider, Soloer, Grouper or whatever you can think of!  Making a few exceptions for a very SMALL time that dont need to be repeated can be beared by players, a tiny sacrifice is not out of the question, but a once every week sacrifice is out of the question, folks need to do what they like, not what a few devs like!  And for a casual player, a once every month sacrifice is out of the question and to much as well, since they have less time to play.  Basically, folks should do stuff they enjoy and developp that aspect doing similar things at least 90% of the time, we are talking of a game, a pastime, not a job, 10% is to much for the unpleasant part if you ask me...10% of a month is 3 days in the event someone play everyday, no more then 3 days doing dumb stuff and still to much IMO.

The days where 1 activity surpass all others while trying to say you enhance all aspects, is over, very over.

- "Coercing? No no, I assure you, they are willing to bring my bags and pay public transportation just to help me, it is true!''

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• MistiMisti Member Posts: 724

I have enjoyed L2 to some degree but also agree with some of this topic. 

I still think L2 has the best artistic value of any mmorpg I have played and attention to detail in its graphics.  I also love the 2nd and 3rd tier class/skill options and believe they are some of the best in the mmorpg industry as well.  The monsters are beautifully modelled and animated as are the character models.

Ok, those were some good things but there is plenty of bad.  The monsters just spawning and standing around without purpose or activity is horrible.  Like a previous poster said they need to add something here, campfires with groups of monsters, evil temples they are defending, something other then just standing there alone in the wild.

The tiered class system is a horrible idea imo as well (at least to the extent they took it).  Most people who have tested have no clue about what is really available later in the game as far as skills, class variety etc. 

This is because you get so few options to start with, fighter or mystic with few skills, that many players don't get anywhere near the later levels where things start to pick up.  Why would they though?  Its a painful labor to get to a point in the game where it gets a bit better.

To further add to the grind through these lower levels where variety in character is lacking there is little bonus and often negatives to grouping.  This tends to make the grind even more painful and boring since you end up playing alone much of the time.  Getting into a good clan, or having a duo partner can help in this aspect but more benefit to grouping needs to be added imo.

The lower levels are really an issue for this game and will turn off most players to it long before they see the improvements that come at the end game.  Even with those later level additions though I am not sure how deep the game really gets or how long its appeal will last.

The thing I disagree with this thread the most on though is the idea that there will be some new revolutionary mmorpg any time soon. 

I mean even CoH which I would expect to be the most different of these types of games is basically EQ or FFXI but with super heros instead of hi fantasy characters.  They even use EQs tank/healer/mezzer/damage dealer group mechanics.  I thought there might be some revolutionary change with CoH but don't see it even there.

I know we would all love to see a new mmorpg come out that revolutionizes the genre with fresh new ideas and constantly fun game play.  The thing is mmorpgs pretty much are all about level grinds, fighting monsters, and acquiring loot or exp for character advancement.  They have a short history thats easy to look at after all.

If you look back further to their predecessors you have MUDs which were largely about the same things though more steeped in roleplay which seems to be something mmorpgs are moving further away from.

I guess a revolution may come but it just as likely may not come for another decade.  If you don't find enjoyment in any of the current or new crop of mmorpgs popping up and are hoping for a paradigm shift I think looking outside of mmorpgs is your most likely bet.

You also have to realize there is an audience for mmorgs as they already exist.  That same level grind mechanic has been around since pen and paper rpgs and its addictive leveling roleplay has remained popular for many years. 

In my personal opinion its the stripping away of the roleplay elements that has left a bare bones skeleton of the system that is just a major level grind with little entertainment in many new mmorpgs.

• ShineyShiney Member Posts: 19

Originally posted by DREWSBARR

No Cap plz. You retard.

Get me a MMORPG that can pull off 300+ vs 300+ hardcore PvP clan war in full glory with minimum lagging. That's what I call MMORPG and that's what I choose to play whether it takes 10 years to reach there or one second of gameplay.

Don't even think to bring "Multiple instanciation of single playing event" all doing endless queue of stupid scripted quests and call it MMORPG.

Those ain't MMORPG. Those are called "Heaven for I-m-Casuals-and-I-play-fishing-cooking"

you could actually give some valid arguement isntead of insulting ppl.you're pretty of topic here.

I like L2 gfx and art, is a matter of taste; i guess the end game PvP can be fun indeed, who can tell, sounds cool

But the whole game is so boring that it makes me wanna cry.

Maybe indeed as in the other review Koreans are masochist and such gameplay appeals to them.

And agreed with Drewsbarr, none should support such boring crap as L2 occurs to be.

• GlottisGlottis Member Posts: 69

Get me a MMORPG that can pull off 300+ vs 300+ hardcore PvP clan war in full glory with minimum lagging.
    LOL 300 vs 300. In Gludio town there is like 50-100 players usually sitting and idling. I run game on 1024rez and lowest settings on p4 3.2 radeon9800pro and get ~10 fps. now 600 players casting, fighting... yeah right no lag....

• sarnseregsarnsereg Member Posts: 40

i'm gonna have to disgree based on the facts we know and your opinionated comparisons

1) WoW has absolutely no end game appeal.

- WRONG! its called hero classes. they haven't gone into details and they haven't told us what they are but they have told us they will exist.

2) The graphics sux really bad. How the hell do you think a game that looks this crappy even dare to compete with L2. Did you give a look at Aden castle? Compare that with the shitty castle of yours.

- L2 graphics sux shnix and you know it. Wow has a different look. its more cartoony yes, but i think WoW has better graphics than L2 ever will. AC2, FFXI, etc. etc. all have better graphics than L2.

3) WoW is too excessively obsessed for it to have more appeal to casual gamers. They don't want hardcore gamers who are the ones paying money, and sticking to the game for long time.

- what are you? F'n STUPID? the game is designed for everyone. its in beta and is already a better game than L2. they haven't expanded into the higher levels of hte game yet and i have yet to hear of a btea tester say anything in the way of the game looks down upon powegamers. maybe its because every race and class is actually good and worth playing unlike in L2.

4) WoW's PvP system is gaayish at the finest.

- you have no idea about this because it ISN'T EVEN F----ING IMPLEMENTED YET! they haven't gone into details on PvP or how it will work. can't make an argument for something without the facts bub.

5) WoW's only fanbase is in NA and perhaps part of Europe where MMORPG isn't the mainstream.

- super wrong there.. man you make this too easy.... - korea has a HUGE blizzard fanbase. in fact the beta is NA only.. and they are doing their own special beta testing in korea for the korean players.  guess you just struck out again on a invalid point.

6) There are many, many others things but it's waste of time to list them all for a crap like WoW.

-name them. sounds like your blinded by opinion and are ignoring the facts.

image you just got F'd in the A

• dragonfyredragonfyre Member Posts: 60

yeah i have to agree with some of you guys, L2 has a huge treadmill, plus the quest are so sad, kill 40 of this, kill a few of those. Its like trying to add meaning to killing things, instead of just lvling.

• Rad_RooferRad_Roofer Member Posts: 153

I really think what most of you people are looking for (you people who don't like this game), is a FPSRPG.

That is, First Person Shooting, Role Playing Game.

Perhaps the generalized MMORPG isn't your cup of tea, and you should just go to the MMOFPS, but beware, your there only to kill....not much for RP

http://www.simulatedsports.com

http://www.hattrick.org

---------------------------------------------
    http://www.simulatedsports.com

http://www.hattrick.org

• Danman7359Danman7359 Member Posts: 10

i have sighned up for beta and gotten my cd key and everything but now i have decided after reading everything about the game, that it is best if i dont even waiste my time.

• SaranthSaranth Member UncommonPosts: 269

I had really high hopes for LII, but I was let down as well.  I didn't get into the WoW beta, but I Have been playing CoH.

I keep looking for the next best thing, I will never find it I fear.  Maybe Guild Wars will do it for me.  Right now, I'm just bored with the lot of them.

• VocooVocoo Member Posts: 31

I found Lineage 2 - nice to look at, enjoyable for a while... untill you do ask that question...

"what am I doing?"

Grinding is the most boring and unrewarding way to level at anything, so I kill 30 orcs and gain a level... so what?! What does my character get that is so great... my stats dont get better, all that happens is that my HP and MP go up?!

I cant not wait till all these MMORPG's go down, and we get some real developers to make a game that is truely great!

I remember the days when something like "frontier elite 2" was out, that was a great game, or "doom" great titles in there fields... but what great titles are out for MMORPG's?!

Lineage 2 or anyother MMORPG at the moment wont be getting any cash out of me.

<its only my opinion ::::35::>