Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

E3 demo client

xstijnxstijn Member Posts: 10
THis is great!!! A.net has officialy announced that everyone can play a guild wars demo from 12 to 14 may (E3). You can download it from gamespot and soon a link from guildwars.com on 1 may, it's like 30 mb!!! Then you can p.v.p. and just all sorts of things for 3 days!! just read it all at ww.guildwars.com and be amazed!! hail area net!!!imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage 

Comments

• LurpydLurpyd Member Posts: 11
    imageimageimageHell yeah, way to go A.net.  Thats what i'm talking about.  You guys are by far the over best place to go.  Myself and others i'm sure of it thank you guys.  Can't wait to demo it.  Ty again sir(s) & Ma'am(s)imageimageimageimage

"A good friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting beside you saying That was Fucking Awesome."

"A good friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting beside you saying That was Fucking Awesome."

• ChrlyDntSurfChrlyDntSurf Member Posts: 33
    This is going to be the best game ever just because of the people who run it.

• MaximaneMaximane Member CommonPosts: 625

*cough!*We already announced this*cough!* ::::02::

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/loadNews/1503

--------------------
    Alex "Maximane" De Line
    - MMORPG.COM Staff -

• xstijnxstijn Member Posts: 10

i know that but i thoug.. I just post it for the guys who didn't see it or to bring up a discussion about it how great A.net is!imageimageimageimageimageimage just keep posting how you think about it!!!

Yeah I saw it here first, because I check this forum more than the main site since this is more active.

• MaximaneMaximane Member CommonPosts: 625

All of our news releases are mirrored into the forums as well.

--------------------
    Alex "Maximane" De Line
    - MMORPG.COM Staff -

• simsloshsimslosh Member Posts: 30
    All hail ArenaNet!!!imageimageimage

Originally posted by simslosh

I dont see who wouldnt be lol and if so why not, its free and its a small download.

• NoVaGameRNoVaGameR Member Posts: 47
    Hey all ! When you play this super game please tell me what you fell :) ok ? because this is a best MMORPG what i see !

Just One Word Freedom !!!

Just One Word Freedom !!!

• OminisOminis Member Posts: 1,015
    Why can't you try the demo too?

"No one can draw a clear line between sane and insane. You move that line as you see fit for yourself. No one else can. You'll understand soon... that the one that's insane is this world." - Vincent

Currently:
    Playing: WOW & GW

• SeriphosSeriphos Member Posts: 56
    on that poll i put probably not... not because I dont want to, but because im an alpha tester image

Seriphos Seraphim
    Elite Gathering Guild Leader
    http://www.freewebs.com/elitegathering/
    Guild Wars alpha tester
    Lineage 2 beta tester
    Risk Your Life beta tester

Guild Wars Closed Alpha Tester
    Lineage 2 Closed Beta Tester
    Everquest 2 Closed Beta Tester
    Risk Your Life Closed Beta Tester

• McygeeMcygee Member Posts: 76

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

I can't wait.  My only regret is reading this almost a month before we are able to try it.  I'm going to be thinking about it every day now till I get the chance. image

"Getting it is easy. Filling it with illegal substances and sending accross the border is not."
    -Ignignokt

---Playing---
    Asheron's Call

• dragonfyredragonfyre Member Posts: 60

alright lets start a mmorpg group for guild wars on those days. We'll all hook up, party then go and kill other parties. Who's with me.

• UnKn0wNUnKn0wN Member Posts: 59
    Hopefully i can get in a few games, During E3 it's usually finals week here so hopefully i can manage my time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    War Doesn't Determine Who's Right, War Determines Who's Left.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• petieb22191petieb22191 Member Posts: 24

this is a great game

• CoolieoCoolieo Member Posts: 9
    lol... sounds like fun... cant wait to play it...

• TiberiuxTiberiux Member Posts: 90

Once again, I must stress. It's no good praising this game if you're not going well out of your way tell ALL your FRIENDS about this game.

Spread the word.

Force your mates to find out about this game.

CMON!

Good work arenanet, headed in the right direction.

I understand as a gamer that its also my job to get you big sales on your first game so that we can keep the GOOD IDEAS and CONCEPTS GOING:

Down with monthly fees

Up with Anet

Evil-Killa(ToA) aka Tiberiux

• McygeeMcygee Member Posts: 76
    heheh, worried they won't be able to keep the policy of no monthly fees?

"Getting it is easy. Filling it with illegal substances and sending accross the border is not."
    -Ignignokt

-Ignignokt

---Playing---
    Asheron's Call

• TiberiuxTiberiux Member Posts: 90

No. But I am worried that they might not sell millions of copies because the few that know about it are too busy playing and not spreading the word.

Which would really be bad because the next game would then have monthly fees or they may even not be a "next game".

Spread the word!!!

Evil-Killa(ToA) aka Tiberiux

• LILLIPPA328LILLIPPA328 Member Posts: 331

But the thing that sucks,is its a 3 day demo.A 3 day demo.A DAMN 3 DAY DEMO!!!THEYRE GONNA TEASE THE HELL OUT OF USimage!!!IM GOING MAD!!!

Seriously though,in 3 days,we will experince the world,interface,some combat,but not too many GvG or PvP probly,and prolly no Player Cities,Castles,Kingdoms,Towns,Villages,ect unless were thrown in with the betas image

**Like to talk about Video Games?Go to Veiwers Pick Forums...

http://viewerspick.proboards35.com/index.cgi?

• totallytotally Member Posts: 24

Yeah, a three day alpha test is gonna be sweet, and its memories will haunt me forever. Or at least until the game is released (Yippee! ::::02::) Its a risky move - on one hand, it easily brings a lot of attention to the Guild Wars cause, but some players may be put off by its alpha-status (naive people, they are! ::::07::)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Its a move thats gonna make it or break it for Guild Wars, and essentially ArenaNet. That said, I'm hoping its going to be a lot of fun for the few days we get to play.

You say you're going to miss many things, but GW Alpha testers have said the game is already nicely coming along. You're not going to be missing player cities... because they aren't any! Buts its going to be great to see how the games coming along.

I hope you're all as excited as I am. ::::18::

• LilMohLilMoh Member Posts: 28

Originally posted by ChrlyDntSurf

Originally posted by simslosh

I dont see who wouldnt be lol and if so why not, its free and its a small download.

I am definetly gonna get the client but its not techincally a small download. Its a small 25k file that will be a updater to a 30meg file. But neway this is gonna rock! I love u ArenaNetimageimage

• GhostRaptorGhostRaptor Member Posts: 35

30 meg is small by todays standards. I've downloaded a lot of demos that are easily over 200 megs. The Guild Wars 30 megs is small by comparison ... especially when you aren't forced to download it all at once.

• LILLIPPA328LILLIPPA328 Member Posts: 331
    You sure there are no Player Cities?I couldve sworn on my life it said Player Cities,Towns,Castles,Citadels.Hmmmm,ill get back if i find something for ya image

Playing:Savage Eden,Dark Age of Camelot

*Waiting for:Guild Wars,Lineage 2

**Need to learn more about first:WoW,UO X

**Like to talk about Video Games?Go to Veiwers Pick Forums...

http://viewerspick.proboards35.com/index.cgi?

• totallytotally Member Posts: 24

It is rather hard to have Player Cities, because most of the areas in the game aren't persistent. I found a quote from the second page of TGH's Interview where it descusses Guild Halls, which will be private areas for their guild:

TGH: Where in the world will Guild Halls be located? Will they be on "public" persistent land masses (e.g. in the towns and cities) or will they be in (semi-)private areas only accessible by the guild members and those they invite?

AN: Your guild hall will be in a private area that is accessible only to active guild members and their invitees. In addition to providing a secure environment for guild meetings, training, and strategy sessions, your guild hall will provide storage for shared guild items, weapons, and armor. In addition to your private guild hall, your guild banner and colors may be displayed in persistent areas where your guild has been victorious, such as the area surrounding competitive arenas, tournament entry points, or even mission outposts.

If I can find the article I read about player houses/cities, I'll try and pass it on.