Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Myst Online: URU Live: How is it?

Well...

How is it?  Anyone playing?  Looks marginally interesting... tell us what you think!

Comments

• DedotoDedoto Member Posts: 6

Look at the A few Questions thread below.I have answered many questions there , and have explained many things.If you have any other questions , post them here , i will answer them.

• SUMB44SUMB44 Member Posts: 182
    I play MOUL.  You can usually find me in the UruObsession hood. 

Lots of puzzles, lots of "ages" and areas to explore and interact with.  New content is being released fairly regularly, though that new content is rather simplistic and unchallenging.  Fortunately, while you wait for new content and new features you can play almost 800 other games via Gametap. 

The game community is ok.  You're either going to love it or hate it.  Many Myst noobs will either be put off by the clique culture of the existing community.  The exisiting community has largely existed as is, since 2005ish...  They are very set in their ways, intolerant of change or new ideas.  They want to see THEIR game evolve along the lines of what they expect.  Do not challenge their paradigms or their views...  there is only one vision for Uru. 

Woe be to the unbeliever...

Anyway, it's not bad.  Give it a shot.  Price is right, and the value added by all the other titles you get access to via gametap is well worth it.
  • TaymaTayma Member Posts: 1
    Speaking as one of the noobs, at first URU might feel like the lonliest place in the universe. The good news, is it really doesn't take all that long to start making friends. The terminal, which is the busiest public area in URU isn't always the best place to make friends. People rush around there looking for markers, etc. I did a lot of bevin (neighborhood) hopping to make friends and just meet people. Also, there are a number of bevins that organize different things that is open to everyone. My advice is participate whenever something interests you and you have time.

The game itself is beautiful. The puzzles, especially for a non Myst players can be challenging and for some areas you're going to need more than one player. I personally like the community. Most people are very nice and helpful.  Some people get bored waiting for new ages, but the game allows you 5 avatars and you can always rediscover the ages.  URU is best when shared. Finding other noobs or even a seasoned player who wants to reexperience the ages to go with you is a lot of fun. Since I tend to be less than graceful there, my falling into lava, off cliffs or running into walls has given other players some of their best laughs there.  I've personally done the ages twice, once with a seasoned player and once with a noob. I never get tired of it. Anyway, URU is a game of exploration with a peaceful ambience.
  • samsbasesamsbase Member Posts: 7
    Well what can I say

I am a very long term member of the Uru community (2002 my first post dates back) and yes I can guarantee that the community is a bit cliquey.

However

Saying that, Uru has the most intelligent and well mannered community I have ever come across. The game is speeding up it's content delivery. There are some very big updates coming very soon and I truly recommend any newbies out there to jump in right now and get started.

The best way to bore your way into the community, is to not make a scene. Asking questions is NOT seen as a sign of weakness, and the official forums often get pages worth of posts less than 24 hours after a newbie has posted a mundane question. With the exception of 1 age, all the content released is of the highest quality .

Also I can honestly say, that in a month or two, the game will have doubled in size since it was released in February. That's 2 months after release.

The main attraction of this game is the LIVE storyline. Actors play the NPC's in this game, and if you are lucky (normally mid-afternoon weekdays pacific time) you will bump into official game characters willing to answer questions about recent events and what is happening.

Any questions you have about the game I am happy to answer, using these details:

e-mail: [email protected]

MSN: [email protected]

KI (in game messaging system): 35712

Official Forums: Samsbase

Jump in-game now and see the fantastic LIVE storyline erupt around you!
  • ilfordilford Member Posts: 1

I can only heartily recommend MO:UL. I have been playing URU for a long time now and have made many long lasting acquaintances along the way.

Tayma and sambase have hit the nail on the head with their descriptions, SUMBB, love your summing up!

Look out for The Meeting Place hood, my KI # is 22578.

ilf