Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tabula Rasa makes an appearance

MuffinStumpMuffinStump Member UncommonPosts: 474

This may be posted elsewhere here although I haven't seen a mention.

At any rate, for anyone anxiously awaiting some topical info on this game there are a couple of articles from the GDC by Warcry and Firingsquad.

Hopefully MMORPG.COM will soon have an interview as well. :)

A snippet:

"Another interesting element in the game is the save system. While you can just play a character and "level up" gaining experience and more skills as you go along the way you can also save your character at a certain point (the game calls it "cloning" in the context of the game) and then continue to play the game. However, let's say you aren't happy with how your character has turned out but you don't want to go all the way back and make a new one. No problem; you can go back to your save point and start over again and move on a different path. In theory this should cause players to replay Tabula Rasa in new and different ways."

Comments

• AlienovrlordAlienovrlord Member Posts: 1,525

Hey thanks!  So far finding information about this game has been hard as heck!

Maybe they're finally starting to let people play it

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Sorry but it lost his momentum.

It is taking to long to make and quite frankly I cannot understand what kind of game it is at the moment.

It looks too much like a sci-fi shoot'em up, which I don't particularly like.

• RollotamasiRollotamasi Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 898
    Originally posted by ste2000

Sorry but it lost his momentum.

I have to agree with the statement above.  I was really excited about this game but the lack of news and regular updates pretty much made me forget about it.  I'm leaning towards fallen earth now for my new sci-fi fix.

-Currently looking forward to FFXIV

-Currently playing EvE and Global Agenda

• MuffinStumpMuffinStump Member UncommonPosts: 474

Well, I understand the loss of interest/hype in this one considering the various untimely incarnations but I think I'll still keep an eye on it anyway. :)

I'm more than willing to give it a shot when it actually releases (or work within the beta) as there are still some things that intrigue me about this title. I won't go into a Garriot rant.

• severiusseverius Member UncommonPosts: 1,516
    Interesting... there was some hype about it a couple years ago... then the devs decided they didnt like the way it was going so they shut down the marketing/hype machine, went back to the drawing board and canned much of the old game and rewrote it.  They took a look at it and thought that this was the right way and started pounding away.  At least Destination Games/NCSoft are taking their time unlike most devs/publishers out there and are making what appears to be a truly innovative game.  Of course they could have gone the way of every one else and released a bug infested cess pool but that wouldn't be Richard Garriott's way of doing things.  At least he is, unlike some others in the industry, a professional.
  • ravenfeederravenfeeder Member Posts: 16
    still watching the game with great interest and im pretty sure it will be released eventually polished unlike some other recent releases .