Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

upcoming changes to uo

damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449

ok, i'm watching these videos about the new uo...

how is the movement?  is it going to be the same movement as always, or is it going to be more where i can use arrow keys, wasd, map my own, click/hold mouse button(s), or what?  everything in the videos, the uo dude was clicking with his mouse to direct his movement.

and is it going to only be god's eye view?  all the videos i saw only showed this perspective.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

Comments

• vengeful85vengeful85 Member Posts: 65
      There is no plans to change from the isometric view that has been the mainstay of UO since its conception (why fix what isnt broken?). The user interface will recieve an update, as well as a new hotbar icon system, but the movement will be the same follow the cursor system.  The biggest change is going to be in the extreme graphic make-over "redrawing" of every item in the game to make it look much more appealing and draw in some of the people that were put off playing because they didn't like the graphics.
  • AranStormahAranStormah Member Posts: 278

You can controll your guy with the mouseclicking, mousepressing, arrow keys or the numpad. Right now it can't be mapped to wasd cause any letter/number key will go right into your chatbar. Most commands are hotkeyed with alt, ctrl, shift or any combination as a prefix.

I frequently change between mouse and keyboard for movement, if nothing else than for variety and sitting position. If you've played Diablo it's practically the same controlls. If you didn't play Diablo or D2, well then, shame on you. You can use pathfinding, like Baldurs Gate/NWN and Guild Wars, but I don't find it reliable.