Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Verm

124»

Comments

• KemarikKemarik Member Posts: 122

Is this one of these threads where Shane complains endlessly about how much things cost in Roma Victor?  I'm not even going to bother reviewing.

By the way, the two new guys that joined my guild recently got FREE boots, tunics, tridents, long shields, helmets, spears, bread, fishmeat, shovels, tongs, moulds, sickles, knives, mouldframes, hammers, twine, and probably ten other items I can' t think of right now.  They also got access to a tent and two large construction sites so they have lots of extra storage. The guild can produce any of those items in large quantities because since game launch, we have not spent our time bitching in the forums.  We actually participate in the game regularly, accept the challenge of the circumstances presented to us, and GET IT DONE and there are 7 or 8 other guilds that do the same.  We do VERM now and then to pay for things like goat carcasses for tents and for laborers, but nearly everything else we must pay for (rent, saltwater, guld fees, etc.) is paid for with money we earn in game.

I'm not waving our flag and bragging here.  My purpose is to make it VERY CLEAR that ANYBODY can do just fine in Roma Victor without having to pull out that credit card too often.  You just have to spend some time building up your skills, do some planning, and find a team to work with.

• jdagjdag Member Posts: 48

Originally posted by Kemarik

Is this one of these threads where Shane complains endlessly about how much things cost in Roma Victor?  I'm not even going to bother reviewing.
    By the way, the two new guys that joined my guild recently got FREE boots, tunics, tridents, long shields, helmets, spears, bread, fishmeat, shovels, tongs, moulds, sickles, knives, mouldframes, hammers, twine, and probably ten other items I can' t think of right now.  They also got access to a tent and two large construction sites so they have lots of extra storage. The guild can produce any of those items in large quantities because since game launch, we have not spent our time bitching in the forums.  We actually participate in the game regularly, accept the challenge of the circumstances presented to us, and GET IT DONE and there are 7 or 8 other guilds that do the same.  We do VERM now and then to pay for things like goat carcasses for tents and for laborers, but nearly everything else we must pay for (rent, saltwater, guld fees, etc.) is paid for with money we earn in game.
    I'm not waving our flag and bragging here.  My purpose is to make it VERY CLEAR that ANYBODY can do just fine in Roma Victor without having to pull out that credit card too often.  You just have to spend some time building up your skills, do some planning, and find a team to work with.

[quote="constantine24"]mmorpg.com forums are a trash pit where banned and jaded former players who can't find anything better to do, unleash thier garbage about Roma Victor.[/quote]

I'm sorry Kemarik according to Vepgenus, everything said here is garbarge so unless you want people to think what you said is garbage keep it out of mmorpg.com

My opinion is it is garbage so you can keep it here

• VepgenusVepgenus Member Posts: 398

Originally posted by jdag

[quote="constantine24"]mmorpg.com forums are a trash pit where banned and jaded former players who can't find anything better to do, unleash thier garbage about Roma Victor.[/quote]

I'm sorry Kemarik according to Vepgenus, everything said here is garbarge so unless you want people to think what you said is garbage keep it out of mmorpg.com

This place is a garbage pit why do you think i don't try to make more helpful posts? Go play Gods and Heroe's oh wait Gods and Heroe's is dead! Another MMO that RV has outlived already!

• zwarriorzwarrior Member Posts: 46
  • jdagjdag Member Posts: 48

Originally posted by Vepgenus

This place is a garbage pit why do you think i don't try to make more helpful posts? Go play Gods and Heroe's oh wait Gods and Heroe's is dead! Another MMO that RV has outlived already!

What are you still doing here? Don't you have to lead your 5 man legion to fight NPC bandits?

• shane910shane910 Member Posts: 359

LOL, this is THE thread, the same one Holmes... the very same one you pulled your very accurate quote from many months ago.

Too bad for those that don't want to join your guild huh?  Some folks like to join small guilds of friendly people that aren't just blindly loyal to RB and won't just "ACCEPT THE CIRCUMSTANCES PRESENTED TO US"... but actually demand some positive results every now and then and a playable game.

I know you aren't waving a flag as RV dosen't have a flag to wave(nothing to brag about)...  But again verm, as was intended, should be to make the game's ses worth while for those that HAVE A LIVE beyond the game and just want to verm a LITTLE BIT to live on each month.  Just as I explained in the first few posts in this topic, And as KFR stated in the quotes I posted there.

• shane910shane910 Member Posts: 359

Originally posted by Vepgenus

LOL, atleast they didn't release a craptastik game halfassed(too good),  1/8th complete game, and rob folks of their hard earned money like RB has done here.

And if they had they would probably listen to the majority of players that bought the game and WANTED to pay, not the hand full that were saying you don't have to verm at all and running the majority off with stupid comments like "go play WOW noob".  Especially once they saw the pop count drop like a stone....

And I never gave two shits about Gods and Hero's anyways lol, I care not for that clone type of game that's why I was here in the first place.... too bad many of us were let down.  I would rather wait for ST:O, but I have learned from RB not to get my hopes high.  So I can thank them for that atleast :P

• TheVFTheVF Member Posts: 47

Hey everyone,

My oh my, how things have changed.  I remember a time when Virtus was making up articles and claiming people were fired over writing bad reviews of Roma Victor.  I remember him claiming that the developer was going to fix all the problems in the game and make this the best experience ever.  I remember the developers openly lying to the forum about the reviewers playtime and how the reviewer didn't obtain permission to review the game.

Thanks for the laughs you lovable losers.

• SamuraiswordSamuraisword Member Posts: 2,111

Fanbois, what can I say. They exist in every game forum and their mindset of blind undevoted devotion is baffling. Trust me, if TCoS disappoints me I will be bashing it immediately and even now I don't rabidly defend it. I am still waiting for Sempiternal to finally admit how craptastic RV is.

• philjwillphiljwill Member Posts: 80
    Originally posted by Samuraisword

Fanbois, what can I say. They exist in every game forum and their mindset of blind undevoted devotion is baffling. Trust me, if TCoS disappoints me I will be bashing it immediately and even now I don't rabidly defend it. I am still waiting for Sempiternal to finally admit how craptastic RV is.

Z0mg! An oxymoron! Undevoted devotion you say?