Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need help

LotharekLotharek Member Posts: 5

I just bought the game today (on the PC btw) and I am confused as hell, so I have a few questions:

1) Is there any way to change the controls? If so, how?

2) What, in your opinion, is the easiest race/class for a new player to start off with?

3) How do I become a fisherman/blacksmith/etc.?

- Lotharek

- Lotharek

Comments

• DantesDantes Member Posts: 163

1) No.

2) It all depends on what job you really want to be.  Tank = galkan, melee damage dealer = Elvan, evasion abilities = mithran, mage = tarutaru and "be anything you want to be" = human.

3) Find the respective guild and talk to the master in there (talk to eveyone until you find him)

P.S. Research for a game via Google = invaluable.

Beta tester supreme

Beta tester supreme

• rndygilesrndygiles Member Posts: 19
    As far as the controls go, the best suggestion i can give is to get a controller for your PC.  It helps out TREMENDOUSLY!!!!

• AzzazzimonAzzazzimon Member UncommonPosts: 211
    I use a Logitech Dual Action gamepad for FFXI, works really well, I still hate the controls tho, but they are easy to use.

Azzazzimon

-------------------------
    Azzazzimon

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048

Originally posted by Dantes

1) No.

Umm you can change the controls, but you cannot customize the controls if that's what you mean. If you want controls that are similiar to other MMOs then you can switch your controls from full mode to compact mode. I never did this so I would have to get back to you on exactly how you do this but if you look around on the config (in game) I'm sure you can find it.