Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yet again, another general question...

ChrlyDntSurfChrlyDntSurf Member Posts: 33

I have another general question, but this time about the forums, quite simple....

How does this star system work? Ive noticed that even some people with only 1 post have 2 stars, and some people with 20 posts only have 1 star....

Maybe someone can explain this to me, thanks everyone!

Comments

• ChrlyDntSurfChrlyDntSurf Member Posts: 33
    I just checked the FAQ so you all know, still didnt really answer my question.

• Ele20Ele20 Member Posts: 9

It doesn't matter how many posts you make but as to how much information is in the post. 

If you submit hundreds of posts but they aren't very informative then you aren't likely to get any points for them. 

Posts with only a few words on it rather than a full description will not gain you any points either and there is a possibility that you could lose points.

Hope i have been of help.

I find it unlikely though that you coulkd gain a rank from 1 post.

So, Get informative!

• ZygoteZygote Member Posts: 13

maybe that member did other things around the site and or has been around for a long time ... its not all just about posting i dont think my dear friends

I am aware of this but seeing that the question was only about posting i answered about this specific area.

• Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428

Post it in Of-Topic pls.

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.

• pluzoidpluzoid Member Posts: 152

What do the stars mean next to members names?

These stars and the title above it are the users "Rank" at MMORPG.COM.  Your rank is based on 100 point scale as follows:

1-19 Novice Member
    20-39 Apprentice Member
    40-59 Advanced Member
    60-79 Hard Core Member
    80-100 Elite Member

For more information on how we compute our ranks, please see our answer to "How do you calculate my

More you post, better your rank, but posts have to be a certain length that is undisclosed. Therefore simply spamming, bump will actually loose you stars 

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I like all of my pretty stars.. not as many as I used to have though :(

Guess I've gotten way too sick of most MMOs

Going to reinstall Guild Wars and start playing again tonight. Can't beat free, can't beat free till Halo 3 comes out, and then can't be Free until WARhammer... though, Fileplanet says Tabula Rasa open beta invites coming to subscribers.... hmmm....

• vivian001vivian001 Member Posts: 24

i have many  friends, play it, so i often ask them any question , the answer is nice   and get it fast