Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So Collectors Edition does NOT give full 3 months at Station Players?

FluteFlute Member UncommonPosts: 455
Ah Sigil, why SOE...

The Collectors Edition was advertised as including:

"A 3 month subscription to Vanguard: Saga of Heroes Station Players - an array of premium features that give players incredible access to their characters and guilds by merging the game world with the World Wide Web."

Now, last month my collectors edition sub allowed me full access to the Vanguard, Saga of Heroes players at http://vgplayers.station.sony.com/ : so far so good. 

Now, in the custom leaderboards area in the Vanguard Players site a serch returns a pretty graphic including the words "You must have a Vanguard Players Advanced Rankings and Leaderboards subscription to access this page."

Huh?  I've played for about one month ... and my three month access has already ended? Ok I'm blond, but even I know that does not quite match.  I don't care if there is some fine-print somewhere that SOE considers side-steps liability for misleading and deceptive advertising.  To me this service is clearly part of the "array of premium features" in the Station Players site, my recollection is that it worked last month, and it hasn't been 90 days yet.

I feel that an explanation from Sigil, or SOE, is in order. 

Of course they do not have official boards, and I can't figure out how to e-mail Sigil directly, so I'll just post here and see what happens.  After all if they don't have someone keeping an eye on these boards they are just asking for Blizzard to completely sweep them off the internet entirely over the next few years.

The other thing I am simply stunned by is that it cannot possibly cost anything to give that access to that service for people who actually bought the collectors edition of the game, after all it's just a search engine with access to a different database (which incidentally seems to be always out of date anyway).  Given the state of the game, this would be a good issue to "fix", although I expect the usual complete silence from SOE. 

It's the little things that add up ... I've crashed to desktop in Vanguard four times in the past 24 hours, and I feel cheated by SOE over the Station Players site extra fee requirement to use the services offered in the Vanguad Players site.  This would be a good time for Brad to pop up and say "sorry, we had them fix that"... because given all the other bugs in this game, if it was not for SOE being involved, I really would believe the limitation on access to the Vanguard Station Player service really is just an innocent oversight or other bug to be squished.

Flute. 

Comments

• NevarionNevarion Member Posts: 274
    This thread might answer some of your questions. Can't say that there is light at the end of the tunnel tho.
  • FluteFlute Member UncommonPosts: 455
    I had noticed that thread, personally I don't care that there is an extra fee for an online service, I for one won't be buying it once my three months included with the Collectors Edition is up.  But I am ticked off with them that they seem to have decided to cheap out on what your three months gets you. 
  • NevarionNevarion Member Posts: 274
    Perfectly understandable.
  • KcissemKcissem Member Posts: 276

Deleted by self

• swede2swede2 Member Posts: 975
    Originally posted by Flute

I had noticed that thread, personally I don't care that there is an extra fee for an online service, I for one won't be buying it once my three months included with the Collectors Edition is up.  But I am ticked off with them that they seem to have decided to cheap out on what your three months gets you. 
    I to have the CE edition and i tryed going on the site yesterday to look up the leaderboards for blacksmiths and it wouldnt let me , but tonight i went on there and i have full access to all of it again,  so it must have been a little mistake.  But at first i was a little choked even though i wont buy it once my 3 months runs out