Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why do u ppl want to play WoW?

Comments

• GnarledGnarled Member Posts: 566

Um, can you say EQII  ?

"I can tell you with no ego, this is my finest sword. If, on your journey, you should encounter God. . .
    . . . God will be cut."
    - Quentin Tarantino, Kill Bill

EQII
    Requiiem, Templar
    Neriak

• BirdeyeBirdeye Member Posts: 13

Why do you want to play WOW? ROFL

I am sorry this is just so funny, if you have seen the screenshots & videos you will understand why, however if you haven't I will give you the low down.

1) It's made by one of the best pc game makers
    2) It combines and tweaks features from all of their top games.
    3) It has the features everyone has been asking for in a mmorpg.
    4) They give you more than one race to choice from.
    5)The offer the most charcter customization than any MMORPG ever has.
    6) YOU GET TO RIDE A HORSE ( It's Zelda 64 all over agin lol)

well if you still don't understand why then I feel for you.

Later,

Birdeye

• ObiyerObiyer Member Posts: 511

The True Reason I Want To Play WoW:

Because everyone else does!

• AzaldirAzaldir Member Posts: 34

I find most of your reasons absolutely ridiculous!!!

i'm a gr8 fan of blizzard product's, i've been playing warcraft for years, and my stats are quite ok i must say, but that's no reason! Personaly i'm w8ing for Dark and Light, it looks so much better! The graphics are stunning!! I'd really think about it befor buying WoW if I were you!!

P.S. pardon me my spelling errors, i'm not great in english image

• DraciusDracius Member Posts: 379

Originally posted by Azaldir

I find most of your reasons absolutely ridiculous!!!
    i'm a gr8 fan of blizzard product's, i've been playing warcraft for years, and my stats are quite ok i must say, but that's no reason! Personaly i'm w8ing for Dark and Light, it looks so much better! The graphics are stunning!! I'd really think about it befor buying WoW if I were you!!
    P.S. pardon me my spelling errors, i'm not great in english image

Okay... that's ANYTHING but WHY you want to play WoW.

Also, read all the posts, ppl are posting some good reasons, besides why do we all want to play any games at all? Because they're fun. So the simplist reason of all "WoW looks fun"

---------------------------------------
    With every post I lose just a little bit more of my sanity.

Peace,

Dracius

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dracius-Saberi-Static
    "With every post, I lose just a little bit more of my sanity." -Dracius

Originally posted by BabyJesus
    Here's the thing. I'm in the WoW beta right now and I have also played DAOC, AO, AC2, FFXI, Neocron, EVE (still am), Lineage 2 and CoHAll the games up there that I listed I have been playing since open beta or release... so they've all been more "complete" then WoW since WoW is still in closed beta.But lemme tell you, not ONE of those games has the depth that WoW has.. DAOC has more options but it's been out for 4 years .... but it's still not that far ahead though.. come release time, WoW might even surpass itThe game is simple to learn yet deep and hard to master.. the grapics are BEAUTIFUL.. I'm not a fan of cartoonish graphics but when they look good, they look DAMN good.. Lineage2 might look more realistic, but being the CPU hog that it is and not being able to have more then 30 people on the screen without <10 FPS, it's gonna get REAL annoying when you do any large scale pvp.. and that IS what the game is about right? Anyway, back to WoW.. it doesn't really re-invent anything drastic.. it just does EVERYTHING right.. there's MILLIONS of quests and you CAN level of them.. my highest is a level 16 so far and I've never had under 5 quests going on at once and right now I have 10+And it's really silly to be pissed about the game because it's release date has been pushed.. first, if you're pissed about this and you claim to be a Blizzard fan, you're a deadbeat liarEVERY game that Blizzard has made has been delayed for at LEAST 6 months.. Starcraft was delayed damn near 2 years
    Quality is what they stive for and a buttload of it is what they're delivering.. you may not think this game will be good, but believe me, come release time, this IS what you'll be playing

*Douses Jesus with water*

Calm down rabid fanboi!

BTW: Pushing back releases dates shows bad planning.

• babblebabble Member Posts: 24

Bad planning doesn't bother me.  But, a bad game is just a waste of money.

Games are in development for a long time, you can't account for everything, such as employee turnover.

On topic, the guy a couple posts above had it right.  I'll play WOW because it looks fun.   If it ends up that I hate it.  Theres plenty of other games to choose from.

• RubyWeapon57RubyWeapon57 Member Posts: 37

Originally posted by Obiyer

BTW: Pushing back releases dates shows bad planning.

Or it shows that they dont stop developing content in certain areas which they believe to be vital to have a stable running game with a base that will stick around in order for new content to be developed and released at a further date. Pushing back releases date shows that things are still going on in the game that are vital, and I'd rather have them take their time and give us a finished polished product than a buggy slow one.

You will not achieve anything if you do not strive for it.

Originally posted by RubyWeapon57
    Originally posted by Obiyer BTW: Pushing back releases dates shows bad planning. Or it shows that they dont stop developing content in certain areas which they believe to be vital to have a stable running game with a base that will stick around in order for new content to be developed and released at a further date. Pushing back releases date shows that things are still going on in the game that are vital, and I'd rather have them take their time and give us a finished polished product than a buggy slow one.You will not achieve anything if you do not strive for it.

Or they could have planned it all in advance and have a stable reliable release date. The Diablo II v.1.10 patch I remember being delayed for a few years.

• FarseenFarseen Member UncommonPosts: 344

Alrite guys, im seriously wondering why your all picking WoW over UXO or EQ2?

I want a game thats as close to UO as it can get, and i thought UXO would do the best job of that for obvious reasons. I also think EQ2 will be amazing for its shear customization of char. creation! Now i didn't really like the looks of WoW....

but maybe all i need is some good convincing so blow me away ! Why WoW over UXO ? or EQ2?

-Farseen-
    " Faruka ! "

- Farseen

Current Game: Panzar

• OracleP4OracleP4 Member Posts: 495
    WOW is going to be the bomb! It will ownz0r all other MMORPGs ever made! Warcraft is a very awesome game series that has massive depth!

-------------------
    "Do I come to your workplace and tell you how to kill civilians? No, so don't tell me how to do my job" - Sam Fischer.

--OracleP4

-------------------
    "Do I come to your workplace and tell you how to kill civilians? No, so don't tell me how to do my job" - Sam Fischer.

--OracleP4

Like: DAoC, WOW, GW, DnL
    Dislike: SoR, EQ, EQ2, SWG, KO, AC2, CoH
    Don't Care About: Most Everything Else

• DarkeonDarkeon Member UncommonPosts: 48

Originally posted by OracleP4
    WOW is going to be the bomb! It will ownz0r all other MMORPGs ever made! Warcraft is a very awesome game series that has massive depth!

Here you are wrong !!! I can't agree with you ....(it will be a good game but not the best )....because is the mmorpg named Dark and Light that will be no 1 on every top !!! Just wait and see !!!

Because that mmorpg has history, and a good company name behind it. Oh wait. no it doesnt.

Why do I want to play World of Warcraft?
    1. Blizzard has a history of producing good games.
    2. The Warcraft history is interesting.
    3. I am a huge fan of Mmorpgs, and havent yet found one to keep me interested.

Dark and Light, uh.. I havent even heard of that game.... kthx.

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786
     This would be my second pick for future MMORPG but i really think EQ II goes the extra mile with advanced quest system, 100 hollywood actors and 130 hours of dialogue, incredible detail paid to graphics, well thought out world and the previous mistakes EQ made they are completly changing in EQ2.

NVidia - The way it is meant to be played

ATI - The way it really plays

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server

Originally posted by Darkeon
     Here you are wrong !!! I can't agree with you ....(it will be a good game but not the best )....because is the mmorpg named Dark and Light that will be no 1 on every top !!! Just wait and see !!!

Wrongo! Dark and Light is a mediocre MMORPG which offers nothing original that we haven't already seen in almost every other MMORPG that has been released so far. Plus their website sux and I think that the game will suck too! WOW OWNZOR!!

-------------------

--OracleP4

-------------------

--OracleP4

Wrongo! Dark and Light is a mediocre MMORPG which offers nothing original that we haven't already seen in almost every other MMORPG that has been released so far. Plus their website sux and I think that the game will suck too! WOW OWNZOR!!

--OracleP4

Did you see the ingame beta movies or the pictures taken from the game ???? Or did you read the story of the game (very complex and captivating) & and the features ??? I really don't thing so !!!

So to prove what I am saying ...here: www.darkandlight.com (and yes the site isn't as good as the game but it's enough) image   DnL rulz !!!!!!!

I will post only the features ...the rest ...find it yourself image

Dnl Game Features

World: - 40.000km2(for real), no loading areas, one server for everyone !!!!!!

Characters: - 12 different races. - 14 character classes. - 30 equipment slots per character.

Universe: - 2 basic Kingdoms - Dark and Light non PVP (for newbie). - 10 Kingdoms to conquer PvP (in regards to war honor code). - 5 Duchies per Kingdom. - 7 Counties per Duchy. - 9 Baronies per County. - 13 Fortresses per Barony.

In summary 4095 Fortresses to conquer per Kingdom - 213 main cities. - a huge amount of village (developers don't even know the number). - Time of the world: 84 minutes = 24 DnL hours, a DnL day. - 365 days per year with 4 seasons. - 1 sun, 2 moons.

Game Design: - 2 dimension unique player progress system represented by the SXP "Social Experience" and the FXP "Fighting Experience". - 3 Epic Quests per character class. Complete set of dress and weapons per quest. - New supply discovery process. - Original objects creation based on a relational data base process. - Dynamic management of the magic side effects "Dark or Light" on the player as well as the environment.

Miscellaneous: - Constellation management. - Under sea management. - Weather management (wind, rain, snow, etc&) - Underground management.

Techniques: - 300 000 polygons rendered per frame (terrain only) - Polygon resolution: 16 cm - Procedural background elements generation system. - Inverse kinematics. - EAX support and 7.1 compatible. - Original sound track.

You will find much more on the game site !!!! image

Yes, I looked at everything they had on the website and I wasn't extremely impressed by what I saw.  It's nice that you can list all the features this game will have when it eventually comes out in 2010.  But I don't really see anything there that isn't in most other MMORPGs, DNL is just really really rediculously big. And just because a game is big doesn't mean it will be good. SWG was really really huge and for the most part it was really boring with lots of randomly generated terrain and not a lot of specific and interesting content. Plus you make the graphics sound really good, but they don't look all that good so far, EQ2, GW and WOW look much much better.

And again, just because the game is going to be really huge does not make it good.  Really really big could just be really really dumb ass boring.

-------------------

--OracleP4

-------------------

--OracleP4

Dark and Light sounds like a nerds dream, and at the same time sounds entirely unlikely.

That many areas, no loading, one server? Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

Oh spectacular, we all can have fortresses and duchies up our wazoos. When we're spending all day looking after them instead of grouping and fighting like a regular mmo, you'll realize its not that great.

Okay, time to start a new thread folks.

Topic is 'Why do you ppl want to play WoW?" now read over your posts and if you havn't answered that question, you're either just trolling, or flaming a previous poster. I guess this post here would fit into the latter. I just hate to see things stray from a good topic, to a discussion about an ENTIRELY different game. Makes finding information and discussing it far more difficult.

Think before you post. image

Peace,

Dracius

Dracius-Saberi-Static

Originally posted by RubyWeapon57

Dark and Light sounds like a nerds dream, and at the same time sounds entirely unlikely.

That many areas, no loading, one server? Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

Oh spectacular, we all can have fortresses and duchies up our wazoos. When we're spending all day looking after them instead of grouping and fighting like a regular mmo, you'll realize its not that great.

Hehe , yea no loading !!! and one server for everyone !!! Ok, in fact there are many servers linked together with optic fiber ! Each server has zone of the game !!! Here are some interviews with the Devs that will answer some of your questions about the game : http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/455/455316p1.html ; http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/456/456609p1.html ; http://www.gamemethod.com/archive/369.php;
    http://www.warcry.com/scripts/news/view_news.phtml?site=15& amp;id=11853

The game design is made to work with 10 000 gamers as well as with 100 000 gamers or more. In DnL you will have some hot spots with easy access where gamers can meet easily for a combat as well as for socializing. There will also be huge areas more or less difficult to reach for the gamer, or groups of gamers, in quest of discovering new scenery, flora or fauna.

The Dark and Light open beta (will be in oct-november 2004) will convince you!!!image               Anyways, the game will be free to download (P2P) !!!

P.S. Read the interviews they are great ... and they say almost everyting about the game, from PvP to exploration, quests, weather, etc !!!

• DarktongueDarktongue Member Posts: 276

In answer to topic..

..because people are sheep and generally stupid sheep at that. Tell them enough hype enough of the time andf they baaaaaaaaleive it.

Xenophobic crap that wont get my hard earned cash.

I havn't aquired my opinion on WoW based on ANYTHING anyone has told me. It's all come from my own research of the game, and what the devs have said, and trust me, the devs don't say anything even close to hype, they're extremely modest about the game.

The only people hyping the game atm, are the fans and game magazines. Blizzard hasn't really done any promotion for the game. As I've said on other posts, I started out hating the game, even listening to the hype. It wasn't until I looked into the game on my own did I start to like it.

So I don't know how that fits into your little equation, Darktongue.

Peace,

Dracius

Dracius-Saberi-Static

• FarseenFarseen Member UncommonPosts: 344

World of Warcraft has deffinately been over-hyped. I mean to be honest, the game looks really good, a lot of good thoughts behind it, but its just the lack of classes that gets me. How are you supposed to be original choosing out of like 6 or 7 classes? (i forget how many)

Anyway, i feel this post has been dragged on far too long, lol.

-Farseen-
    " Faruka ! "

- Farseen

Current Game: Panzar

• Scary_PeaScary_Pea Member Posts: 56
    WoW is like the best game ever...all the races and classes are ultimate....it couldn´t be better...

All makt

• Scary_PeaScary_Pea Member Posts: 56

cause WoW got the best races and classes and all the objects fits with the environment, that is an unusuel thing....

"All makt

All makt