Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Granado Espada: Elephant, K2 Sign Pact for Retail

Elephant Entertainment and K2 Network ink retail publishing deal for 'SWORD OF THE NEW WORLD: GRANADO ESPADA.'

Korea's most popular and highly acclaimed massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG), Granado Espada, is coming to retail throughout North America and Europe this summer under the its newly announced name of Sword of the New World: Granado Espada, courtesy of Elephant Entertainment.

Winner of the 2006 Grand Award for Best Game in Korea, Sword of the New World is being made available at retail through an agreement between Elephant Entertainment and leading online game publisher, K2 Network.

"With a game of this pedigree and potential, publishing a retail complement to the online counterpart is an ideal way to expand availability for consumers," said Wim Stocks, CEO and president of Elephant Entertainment. "Sword of the New World has several innovative and exciting design elements that combined will set a new precedent for MMORPGs, and we are pleased to be working with K2 Network in bringing it to the North American and European retail markets."

In support of the retail boxed version, Elephant Entertainment and K2 Network are implementing several retailer-specific pre-sell and launch programs, as well as an array of consumer promotions that are designed to enhance the online experience.

Adds Joshua Hong, CEO of K2 Network: "Whether purchasing online or via retail, consumers will receive one of the most captivating MMORPGs to date as Sword of the New World brings stunning beauty and innovation to the category."

Sword of the New World is a fantasy MMORPG whose story is modeled after Europe's exploration of the New World and is comprised of thrilling missions and heroic quests. Already a highly anticipated game within the online community, Sword of the New World is the first MMORPG that allows players to control three characters simultaneously, resulting in a fast-moving game filled with strategic daring and intense combat.

Read more here.

Comments

• Xerion12Xerion12 Member Posts: 371
    I knew it would retail, but now I think everyone can stop asking "Do I have to pay for this?"

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180
    I don't mind it going retail, wondering if it will be a monthly fee as well?

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• vortal1vortal1 Member Posts: 33

Yeah, the question of retail is one thing (K2 Networks have gone retail for WarRock as well) but the real question is still confirmation of the revenue model.

GE in Korea is item mall based, as are K2's other games so I assume this will go the same way but confirmation would be good.

Over to you K2 Networks .....

Vortal

www.psfei.com

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

From the site:

Free2Play™

FREE to download with a FREE 14 day trial. Or buy the boxed copy for additional content and gameplay experiences.

Which means: buy the client & play with no monthly fee. Although I am not sure if "item-shop" is used aswell.