Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

a couple questions

1. I downloaded the stress test a couple months ago when they ran it...  I installed the game and did the patching OK. I got the intro splash screen and then a "out of range" error mesage from my monitor...  that is the mesage it gives when the resolution is unsuported. I did a little looking around and could not find a way to change the screen resolution outside of the game.

Have they added any way to change options for the game before getting into it?

Also, I have since then gotten a new grafics card. I was running a geForce fx 5700 and now I am on a Radion x1300 pro. Is it possible my previous grafics card was just unsupported?

2. My monitor is a ViewSonic VA1930wm wich is a 19" widescreen lcd. I typically run at 1440x900 wich is the max for the monitor and it's ideal setting. Can someone tell me what the default resolution is for VG? Some resolutions are simply not supported by this monitor.

3. Is there any way to try before I buy? I don't want to buy the game if I can't run it.

Answers to any or all of these would be very helpfull. Thanks in advance.

Yeah, I'd do Betty....
But I'd be thinking about Wilma.

Comments

• dodsfalldodsfall Member UncommonPosts: 173
    1) I know it runs at 1024x768, 1280x1024 and 1600x1400 and maybe others. You should be able to adjust the default resolution in the ini file. I'm not sure about the ATI graphics card since I run Nvidia.

2) I run the game at 1280x1024 on a 19 inch Viewsonic monitor  (Standard screen ratio) and it works fine for me. I'm not sure about widescreen ratios.

3) Currently they have 10-day buddy keys shipped with the retail boxes of the game. I don't know of any other programs for free at this time.

Sorry I couldnt get all the info you need, but hopefully you will get some help here.